As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Terminator: Cancellation of Show Chronicles [nsf56k i guess]

• Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do people actually watch Prison Break?

What the hell is wrong with people?

One of the comments from that link:
    Why does this website comment on terminator every week. What about Prison Break? Terminator doesn’t even compare to prison break , but every week we have to hear about it. I know both shows aren’t doing that well ,but every week prison break has pulled better numbers. This is the only week terminator has like a 3 percent increase. They never comment on the better show(Prison Break). Instead we have to hear the crap about the stupid terminator show, that should be taken off the air

Mei Hikari on
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Question:
    Did Riley know John in the future? If so, why doesn't Cameron know her?

useless4 on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Again, a show about a guy breaking out of a prison that they broke out of two or three years ago is still going strong. My pessimism disallows hope.

I am buying the hell out of the blu-ray versions. I cant make people less stupid, but I can at least let my wallet talk :/

Raynaga on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    yeah those were really bad

is there a legal, online streaming version of this episode other than at Hulu.com?

hulu's giving me attitude, i can watch the episode but it has to pause every ten seconds to buffer for ten seconds

it makes the episode impossible to enjoy
    Try pausing for a couple minutes to let it get ahead of you.

Hoz on
    edited December 2008
    useless4 wrote: »
    Question:

All indications say no. She was brought back to be the blond tits that distract John from the machine that, in their time line and in their opinion, is causing him to make poor decisions. There was no direct, pre-exisiting relationship with Connor himself. He's a male human, and Riley is a female human who is blond, has breasts, and is throwing herself at him. The math is pretty easy.

Raynaga on
  • Double DeuceDouble Deuce Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Question:

There have been no indications that they know each other in the future, no.

EDIT: What Raynaga said. Especially the breasts part.

Double Deuce on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Question:

I think it would have been a good idea to send back someone who was at least capable of handling their own shit in a fight, which I don't think they've really shown one way or the other with Riley. I mean, what if their plan actually works but has the unintended consequence of getting John Connor killed trying to save Tits Magee when she wanders into a patrol.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    RedTide wrote: »
    Question:

I think it would have been a good idea to send back someone who was at least capable of handling their own shit in a fight, which I don't think they've really shown one way or the other with Riley. I mean, what if their plan actually works but has the unintended consequence of getting John Connor killed trying to save Tits Magee when she wanders into a patrol.
    well she can't exactly go all commando, that would be way too suspicious

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    RedTide wrote: »
    Question:

well she can't exactly go all commando, that would be way too suspicious

Playing dumb isn't exactly too hard, since apparently all of the major female characters on the show have most of the people around them convinced that they aren't either ruthless killing machines or mother and mentor to mankinds savior.

RedTide on
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And she's not exactly helpless, either.

She was willing to face down a dude that wandered in off the street, looking for John.

If she was from the future, and she knew that was metal - well, that adds a +1 to her for bravery.

Also, knowing Jesse is a badass - what are the chances that she's picked up something along the way? I'd say pretty good.

Sanguinius on
    edited December 2008
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    And she's not exactly helpless, either.

She was willing to face down a dude that wandered in off the street, looking for John.

If she was from the future, and she knew that was metal - well, that adds a +1 to her for bravery.

Also, knowing Jesse is a badass - what are the chances that she's picked up something along the way? I'd say pretty good.

Yeah but she gets at least a -1 for her generally useless behavior down in Mexico, which is why I figure its still up in the air.

RedTide on
    edited December 2008
    I kind of figured the reason Riley was chosen was because her personality is pretty much the exact opposite of Sarah. So who better to bring out the whole "rebel teen going against mom" mentality than her? And obviously, it's been working.

Double Deuce on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I do not think it will really work though. I'm guessing this will end exactly on the opposite site, her driving him away even faster.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    I do not think it will really work though. I'm guessing this will end exactly on the opposite site, her driving him away even faster.

Finding out that the woman you have come to trust more then anyone is actually manipulating you worst of all may just drive you towards the emotionless killing machine.

Or turn him gay, which really wouldn't be a problem unless he started sending himself back bionic pool boys.

RedTide on
    edited December 2008
    well, cameron is obviously
    broken. she chose to disobey the standing order to kill john conner, on her self, basically chose to not fulfil her most important reason for existing. seeing as he already bonded with a machine before (T2), and even sarah connor said that "the machine might be the only right father for him", it's not hard to see how he could come to care for a machine with mostly free will
    which is a nice description for humans too when I think about it..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Do you guys really see him and Cameron hooking up as a possible outcome down the line? I remember thinking how weird that scene seemed where she ripped off her jacket and stormed into his bedroom like she was going to make sweet robot love to him a few episodes back.

I kind of got the feeling that they'd been living as brother and sister for so long now that that's kind of how they'd started to really see each other, until that happened. What do you all think?

Double Deuce on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, that would be a very awkward development. But I would totally have sex with her, the machine or the actress.

Hoz on
    edited December 2008
    I don't know. It could very well be that he develops a relationship to her that's much closer to that of an actual sister. This would be way less creepy than a love-story with an emotionally under-developed robot.
    But what if she doesn't stay emotionally under-developed?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    We've all seen how fast Arnie was in pickung up emotions, and he is supposed to be a much older model than cameron

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    Yeah, that would be a very awkward development. But I would totally have sex with her, the machine or the actress.

I wonder if she has functioning female parts? (The machine, not the actress. I'm sure Summer is all good in that department :winky: )

Double Deuce on
  • LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do you guys really see him and Cameron hooking up as a possible outcome down the line? I remember thinking how weird that scene seemed where she ripped off her jacket and stormed into his bedroom like she was going to make sweet robot love to him a few episodes back.

I kind of got the feeling that they'd been living as brother and sister for so long now that that's kind of how they'd started to really see each other, until that happened. What do you all think?

I think sooner or later Cameron is going to get tired of John's avoidant bullshit, throw him on the bed, grab his wrists and pin him down.

The camera will then cut to her HUD looking down at John, and the words will flash onscreen

TARGET: JOHN CONNOR
    RAPE MODE INITIATED

Sarah and Derek will look at each other awkwardly as the house fills with a loud metallic clanking noise. John will walk with a limp for a month afterwards.

Lizard on
    edited December 2008
    I'd say yeah, probably.

The other trip 8 was living with a wife for years, I'd be surprised that they didn't. Even Arnie had a penis (of impressive size and manly girth, given the reaction of the waitress in T2).

If they didn't, it'd be a pretty easy thing to spot if they were infiltrating. Robot lovin' aside, it'd be as simple as - right, we need you to take a piss/show us your hoo-ha.

Whilst I'd totally bang Summer - who wouldn't - it'd be weird to fuck a terminator. It'd be like a real doll. I just imagine her staring soulessly up while I'm pounding away. Probably making some awful comment like 'that took 2.08 minutes. .08 minutes more than last time'

Sanguinius on
    edited December 2008
    Probably yes, that one terminator was replacing the husband of the city planner woman for a pretty long period of time. Can't imagine that working without being fully functional in every way and being programmed in... multiple techniques. A wide variety of pleasuring.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    He has extensive files :winky:

Sanguinius on
    edited December 2008
    Lizard wrote: »
    TARGET: JOHN CONNOR
    RAPE MODE INITIATED

Oh man, do you mind if I sig that? I love it.

Double Deuce on
    edited December 2008
    it's very awful out of context imho

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What if she has say, a loose wire in her vagina and she kills your penis.

What will you do then?

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    edited December 2008
    she can probably rebuild it, she has the technology

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    We've all seen how fast Arnie was in pickung up emotions, and he is supposed to be a much older model than cameron

That ties into my earlier post that everyone skipped :/

Raynaga on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    Whilst I'd totally bang Summer - who wouldn't - it'd be weird to fuck a terminator. It'd be like a real doll. I just imagine her staring soulessly up while I'm pounding away.

Hit it doggy-style.

Duh.

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2008
    could we please get back to the show and a bit away from the other stuff.

I wonder how she disposed of that destroyed terminator that fast, and how no alarm went off because of the elevator?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Less fun to discuss the show when compared to robo-sex I guess.

Raynaga on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    It does seem a waste for him to wait all that time to be undone so quickly. I like Cam but thats a T-888, he should've done better than that.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2008
    why? you have no idea what model she is

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Its been a pretty standard trend in the show that the triple 8's can't stand up to Cam at all. I mean hell, she folded one up like a fucking lawn chair.

Raynaga on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    He was taken by suprise as well. Cameron busted open the wall and started wailing on him as he was reactivating.

JohnDoe on
  • LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Its been a pretty standard trend in the show that the triple 8's can't stand up to Cam at all. I mean hell, she folded one up like a fucking lawn chair.

You might say that no power in the 'verse can stop her.

Lizard on
  • UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It does seem a waste for him to wait all that time to be undone so quickly. I like Cam but thats a T-888, he should've done better than that.

She's had more trouble with the t-888's before but this was the perfect setup with the elevator shaft. Before that, she was just relegated to knocking his head into the drywall, which really isn't that effective. I wonder why she doesn't employ an eye gouge. A fellow termie would be much easier to handle if the optical sensors were ripped out or damaged.

I don't think the girl termie was a t-888 was it?

Underdog on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    why? you have no idea what model she is

They're not exactly tiny and I don't see how you can fit more physical force into a tiny Cam frame than you can into a T-888, theres a reason they all take on the skin of huge body-builder types.

ANd I did like him reactivating in the wall, it was a nice touch.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2008
    it was probably an ultra-mobile edition

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg