As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Oh yeah. Slob those Knobs.

• Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shit. No more clickcasting?

I don't quite know how I'll function in RvR without Healbot and Squared. :|

s3rial one on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Squared still works, though my BG background was white instead of brown for tanks.

I guess the hover cast doesn't work anymore, which bring sadness to my heart.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Has anyone logged in yet and seen what this does to addons? Between Clean frames, Waaaghbar, and everything else, I'm a little bit scared.

I don't use either of those, but the patch does seem to have messed up mods that track buffs/debuffs, and clickcasting mods.

Which more or less makes RvR unplayable for me, as I can't find anything in the icon hell that hangs under target portraits during combat, and now I'll be losing my WhinySpellTimers / BuffHeads crutch.

More scared, now. Terrified even.

And all of you with your GTX 280s make my epeen feel insecure. You're going to drive me to buy a 4870x2 and go for 60+ FPS in ORvR.

Fuck dude, I can't even get 60fps with my set up. Over my 8800GT, I saw maybe a 10% improvement to WAR. I still get those lovely 10fps keep sieges though sometimes. Well except now they usually are like 14 fps. ^^;

But yeah, WAR has to make better use of multithreading for more cores and more video ram.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Squared should still work.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks like Squared has actually been updated already.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I also have an 8800GT and a lowly dual core processor and I get around 25fps in huge keep sieges. If I turn off spell animations I usually get around 30 or so, which means that it's basically smooth as monkey butt

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    why do they have to take the servers down for 3 hours? :(

Oh well... I guess I'll see how the changes made a difference in a few hours.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Awesome, got home from work in time for a maintenance. D:

Oh well, I already have my BG's name reserved. Now to play the waiting game.... (in L4D)

Tyberius on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Has anyone logged in yet and seen what this does to addons? Between Clean frames, Waaaghbar, and everything else, I'm a little bit scared.

I don't use either of those, but the patch does seem to have messed up mods that track buffs/debuffs, and clickcasting mods.

Which more or less makes RvR unplayable for me, as I can't find anything in the icon hell that hangs under target portraits during combat, and now I'll be losing my WhinySpellTimers / BuffHeads crutch.

More scared, now. Terrified even.

And all of you with your GTX 280s make my epeen feel insecure. You're going to drive me to buy a 4870x2 and go for 60+ FPS in ORvR.

Fuck dude, I can't even get 60fps with my set up. Over my 8800GT, I saw maybe a 10% improvement to WAR. I still get those lovely 10fps keep sieges though sometimes. Well except now they usually are like 14 fps. ^^;

But yeah, WAR has to make better use of multithreading for more cores and more video ram.

Man, I'm doing better than that on my 4850 512...

Optimizations:

OS (Vista x64): WAR is set as "run as admin" and drops Aero while both patcher and .exe are running. Firewall exception for WAR is up and I run fullscreen or manually set to high priority if not fullscreen.

UI: BuffThrottle, DieBuffsDie, Squared with no Squared Buff manager (I only see buffs on me and my targets). No Combat Log.

Hardware/Drivers: e8500 stock, 4gb DDR2 1066, 4850 512mb. I recently reinstalled my drivers, scrubbed the old ones off beforehand, and gained about 10-20fps in some situations.

I now run around 60-70 in PvE, ~40-50 in Scenarios, and ~30 in ORvR.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    why do they have to take the servers down for 3 hours? :(

Oh well... I guess I'll see how the changes made a difference in a few hours.

Wild Healing? Still broken.

The new 2.5 second heal? It actually takes 3.5 seconds to cast now.

Healing Energy? Not only does it take 2 seconds to cast, the heal has been cut by about 1/3.

Funnel Essence is everything I expected it to be, post patch.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I noticed we seem to be in a new Alliance, should we then be moving our T7M alts over to T6M?

Also, whats the rules for using Alliance chat? I dont seem to have permission anymore to use it. I understand we dont want to be chatty cathys in the new alliance.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I also have an 8800GT and a lowly dual core processor and I get around 25fps in huge keep sieges. If I turn off spell animations I usually get around 30 or so, which means that it's basically smooth as monkey butt
    Does turning off spell animations still show you root animations? It's rather helpful knowing whether you can't move due to a root (ability, poof!) or lag (shake fist at sky!).

Glal on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    From the 30 minutes I got to play with my knight, I must say I'm excited.

My witch hunter may actually lose his place as main...oh damn.

Inx on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I noticed we seem to be in a new Alliance, should we then be moving our T7M alts over to T6M?

Also, whats the rules for using Alliance chat? I dont seem to have permission anymore to use it. I understand we dont want to be chatty cathys in the new alliance.

Righit now we're rolling at one alt per in the Mouths. Are you curious about second or more alts?

Everyone should have the ability to talk in alliance chat (to call for help, etc, etc) but should use with discretion. I'll check the permissions tonight. We're also going to need a few Alliance coordinator/officer types.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Righit now we're rolling at one alt per in the Mouths. Are you curious about second or more alts?

Everyone should have the ability to talk in alliance chat (to call for help, etc, etc) but should use with discretion. I'll check the permissions tonight. We're also going to need a few Alliance coordinator/officer types.

Yes, use Alliance chat for alliance matters. Chatting is a no no, but don't be shy to speak up if you see 400 order marching towards keeps. :O

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Or even if you want to grind through PQs or something. The main reason we moved was to expand our pool of active and willing players for each Tier, particularly four.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wait, we're now in a different alliance? One that gives a shit if we chat in /as? Wtf, how are we gonna keep track of T7M peeps now?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    T7M isn't coming over; this Alliance is Serious Business. Not really, but we're not going to clutter it up with an alt guild. Hammerfist came along too, and I'll be referring the Imperial Guard.

This is also part of why first alts are back in the Mouths. I'd be open to more, but it would bring an accelerated audit and cleaning schedule.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    All of the servers are down.

Who do I have to kill to rectify this situation?

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Any idea when the servers come back up?

Inx on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    At or before 7pm EST.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    What happened?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, they're up right now.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    What happened?

Blast Wave is now based on Strength. Someone used it.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    What happened?

Someone set us up the Blastwave?

So it was a hotfix?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Motherfucker, it comes back up JUST as I have to leave for class.

I'm puttin' this one in my Grudge Book, Mythic.

Inx on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What happened?

Someone set us up the Blastwave?

So it was a hotfix?

Just a tweak that was needed, it was scaling with Int, not Strength. Marauders had a silimar issue with mouth of Tzeetch. Chosen aura buffs got buffed to make Knobs as well.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My Chosen's Resist aura gives ~21% damage reduction to each of the 3 resists.

That is massive. :O

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll say it again, a Chosen/BG combo with a backup healer will DESTROY the caster/healer lines.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    o snapple:
    Mythic wrote:
    Client Update - 12/02/08
    Last week we reaffirmed our ongoing commitment to improving overall client performance in Tier 4 and large-scale RvR battles. Today, we’re excited to announce that we have released a new client update that will significantly increase players’ frame rate in RvR battles (especially in large-scale encounters) as well reduce and/or eliminate character “ghosting” and flickering. You will automatically receive this update the next time you log in to WAR. As always, this is not the last improvement we plan on making but it certainly is a major and needed improvement to WAR. We’re eager to hear your feedback on this client update, so please be sure to visit your favorite fan site and let us know how it’s worked for you!

So I guess this is live right now. I'm patching at the moment, so I can't test yet.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Folks,

1.0.6 had a little "unannounced" improvement for the game that we wanted to hold off on announcing until we were sure that it was working well on the LIVE servers. This change will have a significant effect on client performance in RvR but especially in large-scale RVR encounters as well as on the overall amount of character flickering and ghosting. A note to this effect will be posted shortly on the Herald/patcher. And yes, this is the change we talked about last week. :)

Enjoy!

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mythic seems to not want me to patch. Anyone else having this problem?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    damn night shift. won't be able to fully test this out till probably thursday. Keep sieges at more than 10fps sounds like fun...

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    "Your game client is missing a large number of files. Please re-install from the game disc."

WTF?! I haven't even played in like 2 weeks.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    "Your game client is missing a large number of files. Please re-install from the game disc."

have you tried the full file scan yet?

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    WolveSight wrote: »

have you tried the full file scan yet?

Yeah that first message I posted was what the full file scan told me.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hm, patching on my other computer seems to be working OK. I'll just copy the whole directory when it's done.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh hey I found the problem... There was a WAR.exe running in the background that never successfully terminated. Huh, I wonder how long that had been running. o_O

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh hey I found the problem... There was a WAR.exe running in the background that never successfully terminated. Huh, I wonder how long that had been running. o_O

skynet has begun...

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    WolveSight wrote: »

skynet has begun...

And based off WAR, no less. It all makes so much sense now.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.