As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Free Trials, ask for one in the thread.

MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock EngineerSeattleRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
Free Trials: People with active subscriptions have a few free trials they can e-mail to a friend. If that friend ends up buying Warhammer after their trial the player who sent them a trial gets a free month. To send a free trial go to mythicentertainment.com, go to your account, and click refer-a-friend. If you want a trial ask for it in the thread! If you want to give someone a free trial I recommend PMing them a request for their e-mail, it'll all go faster.
WARHAMMER ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONING

Penny Arcade currently has a number of guilds:

Candymancers on Order, an organization of Holy Servants of Sigmar, short drunken men and Wise, Ancient Masters of War. ON BADLANDS (Not Averheim)
The Six Mouths on Destruction, a useless mob of ne'er-do-wells and vile miscreants. ON RED EYE MOUNTAIN (Not Ulthuan)

/who candymancers or /who the six mouths to find a member and ask to join or /chan candymancers or /chan TSM and a guild representative will be right with you!

Obsidian Spur: an EU Destruction guild on Karak Eight Peaks.

Limed for European awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY
That should be all we need in way of introduction, at this point.

Information and Random Cool Stuff

For more information, watch the podcasts.
More podcasts:
WARP Podcast
The Warpath (No new episodes since the 9th, though...)
Stonetroll Certified

For PA impressions, and whatnot, check out the WAR FAQ thread.

Great webpage with Maps.

Adding this by request, and because it's generally kickass and useful.
Akira wrote: »
Alright since this seems to bring up a lot of questions I have compiled an FAQ and location guide for the first two tiers of Renown gear.

Renown Gear and You: What is it and where do I get it?

"Renown Gear" is armor and weapons you can buy from certain vendors that has both a level and Renown rank requirement, usually the Renown rank requirement is about 2/3rds of your actual level (so it would take level 9 and Renown rank 6 for example). Also, as of September 7th, some T2 Renown gear has the wrong stats (the Magus at least) and this will presumably be fixed in the future (hopefully soon). The 10/6 gear from the last preview weekend is gone, it was intended for use in an old test phase and was left in accidentally. Similar gear is available now from 11/7 to 16/11

Where to get it:

The first number refers to level requirement, the second is Renown rank requirement (i.e. 11/7 means you need level 11 and Renown rank 7). The "sets" aren't really sets and don't have bonuses or anything but they represent a loose tiering of gear. Common is "white" gear, Uncommon is "green" gear.

T1 Zones
the first "set" is sold in both the starter quest hub area and the Warcamp, while the second set is sold only at the Warcamp.

First "set"

2/1: Boots (Common)

3/2: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Common)

4/2: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Common)

5/3: Body and Accessory 3 (Common)

Second "set"

6/4: Boots (Uncommon)

7/4: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

8/5: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

9/6: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

T2 Zones
bought at the top floor of PvP area Keeps.

First "set"

11/7: Boots (Uncommon)

12/8: Gloves and Belt (Uncommon)

13/9: Shoulders and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

14/9: Body, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

15/10: Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

16/11: Helm (Common)

Second "set"

16/11: Boots (Uncommon)

17/11: Gloves and Belt(Uncommon)

18/12: Shoulder and Accessory 1(Uncommon)

19/13: Helm, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

20/14: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

21/14: Cloak (Common)

Improve FPS and General Performance with These Hax.

HELPFUL ADDONS THAT ARE HELPFUL!
BuffThrottle - This improves performance in RvR, just get it. STARSA+++++WILLD/LAGAIN!

ActionBarColor - For those who think a little red number is dumb this colors the WHOLE ability icon.

Squared - Because the default team health is crappy. Plus this shows everyone's health in scenarios.

BlackBook - Revenge is a glorious thing. A must, especially for Dwarfs since it is essentially a personal grudge book.

SNT Bar - Super sleek and sexy bar of information to replace EXP bar. Shows renown, exp, money, friends, fps, etc. Check out the screenshot.

Tome Titan- This thing, man, in-game encyclopedia for rare mobs, tactic/cloak/title unlocks by zone. Updated frequently. Put it into SNT Bar!

AutoDismount - Now clicking an attack dismounts you, so smooooth.

GoblinCloset - It protects the sanctity of marriage by keeping the goblins in the closet. Made by a PAer, lets you switch outfits.

NERD STUFF

Start here for Warhammer Lore

A guide to Warhammer books
And now for something completely different...
bearded-gobbo.jpg

snm_sig.jpg
Morskittar on

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So yeah, just the other night someone yelled "hey lowbies, who can't use fligth points to high level zones! Spend a fucking hour corpse running across multiple zones en mass to crash a server and prevent Destro from taking a zone!" and everyone did it!

Oh no, wait. That didn't happen because it's retarded.

Glal on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Stupid Order forcing crashes.

DarkPrimus on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes yes, we all know this. Don't drag stupid shit into this thread. Leave it alone.

(And I shouldn't have said what I said, btw re banning, and retract it. I was grumpy from lack of afternoon coffee and not thinking things through.)

Although I totally stand by my stay the fuck out of higher level zones anyway comment.

Oh and that reminds me.

The Dok sacrifice tree changes are fucking MASSIVE.

Previously, the heal on hit passive buff was doing 50 base, now 70. The consume essence was not changed in base damage, but now heals for 100% of damage instead of 50%, and with points in sacrifice tree it goes up so much more. In fact, with the points I have now, it's the same ap, soul essence and damage as the torture attack. Except it also heals on hit.

And the points boosted the passive heal on hit to 100. !

So I threw the torture one off my toolbar with this build.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I cant decide between greatsword or sword and shield for my kotbs.

Fuuuuuck

Inx on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I vote the new thread title be changed to.

"[WAR] I wish I could CHAT you to death!"

Tyberius on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    rather hate Chosen and their stupid anti-melee aura.

you know the one.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
    edited December 2008
    What's this fix/improvement to Pounce someone mentioned? How did the functionality change? Does it perhaps hit targets not sitting still too, now?

Glal on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kagnaros wrote: »

you know the one.

Str or toughness?

Or do you mean both? :P

Seriously though, fuck IBs.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited December 2008

you know the one.

Str or toughness?

no no no.

the aura that makes all abilites gain .5 build time.

seriously. so damn annoying.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
    edited December 2008

you know the one.

Str or toughness?

no no no.

Indeed! :3

Lucky Cynic on
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What's more important for a KOTBS? Str, wounds, toughness? Weapon skill? I don't play many tanks but as soon as I saw my sword catch fire I was hooked. Also, the chapter 2 Influence armor is AWESOME looking.

Inx on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

you know the one.

Str or toughness?

no no no.

Indeed! :3

Are you joking me.

Chosen get an aura like that?

I'm making one, fuck all the rest of the classes.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

you know the one.

Str or toughness?

no no no.

Are you for serious? As a Chosen I've always looked at that skill as a tiny annoyance at best.

Trevor Goodchild on
    edited December 2008
    How does it work? Is it like a cast bar, and you mustn't move, or basically 0.5s added to global cooldown (well, just on the other end of the ability)?

Glal on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    How does it work? Is it like a cast bar, and you mustn't move, or basically 0.5s added to global cooldown (well, just on the other end of the ability)?

It's a cast bar. I don't quite remember if moving breaks it though.

aunsoph on
    edited December 2008
    It would be ridiculously broken if it did. It'd essentially root all MDPS if they cared to do anything.

Glal on
    edited December 2008
    it makes all your instant casts turn into .5 casts. your cast bar pops up and you have to wait for it, and you can be pushed back, i do believe.

so yeah, as an ironbreaker, it is not fun. i like my instant casts. :(

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moving doesn't break it but it's still hella annoying. And it stacks with other such abilities. Once, it took me 3 seconds just to Eeek, thanks to three cast time debuffs coupled with copious pushbacks from the jerkface swordmasters wailing on me.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    It doesn't stack with itself (ie, multiple Chosen with the same aura) I hope? Otherwise just two Chosen could almost halve the ability damage of all MDPS around them.

Glal on
    edited December 2008
    I didn't train into it atm, but at RR40 I will get my next mastery point and put it in.

Lucky Cynic on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

you know the one.

Str or toughness?

no no no.

Are you for serious? As a Chosen I've always looked at that skill as a tiny annoyance at best.

People totally underestimate the button mashing the goes on in large RvR. That half-second is huge when there's tons of people around going all out.

edit: Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't stack...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Thanks to their decision that proper command queuing is Not In The Spirit Of The Game, having ~10 damage abilities whose biggest difference is what sort of minimal debuff they apply when used from side/behind and all ability animations looking like one of my two axe swings I pretty much always mash attacks. I have my opener and follow-up abilities, and if someone is harassing healers I'll debuff their STR, but the rest are just mashed.

[edit] Also, don't ignore the lag. The delay is effectively 0.5s+latency.

Glal on
    edited December 2008
    Hey.

I never knew chosen could keep up 3 curses at once.

Two is completely effortless too.

I'm so getting that skill. It doesn't just work for melee.

It makes healer instant casts not.

Speaking as a dok this is a fucking bitch.

Morninglord on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It doesn't stack with itself (ie, multiple Chosen with the same aura) I hope? Otherwise just two Chosen could almost halve the ability damage of all MDPS around them.

Chosen can never stack the same aura. If two Chosen have the same aura up, only the more powerful version (ie the one on the higher level Chosen) will be in effect.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2008
    Putting up the three auras is a little easier now that the price has been decreased. Now I can attack a few times before running out of AP.

I can't wait till I get 'Power from the Gods'.

<3

Malkor on
    edited December 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Chosen can never stack the same aura. If two Chosen have the same aura up, only the more powerful version (ie the one on the higher level Chosen) will be in effect.
    Ah crap, you changed your avatar/sig again, and I have sigs turned off... now I have to enable them, look at your sig, then disable it again. Thanks. I hope you are happy.

[edit] Totally worth it.

Glal on
  • ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The OP wrote:
    The Warpath (No new episodes since the 9th, though...)

They just had a new episode come out on the 29th after having some ftp problems (or something).

Edit: Also, new WARP podcast out today. "Lava Golfing for Tor Anroc"

Screamline on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Its actually extremely easy to get low levels in to defend a fortress seige.

Just send them to the Capital city, and have them walk out the exit of the city instead of taking a flight path.

That will drop them into the Fortress zone.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    edited December 2008
    How much damage can a T1-T2 character do to a T4 character?

Hell, I'd wager that for the majority of T3 it would be like gnats on a large animal that is used to gnats.

I remember riding to one T4 zone @ rank ~28 and practically being one-shotted by everything in red.

Malkor on
    edited December 2008
    When I took my T3 to a T4 area to experience some world RVR (it was the daily task, they hadn't yet unlocked all the tasks for the entire duration of the event and all T3 RVR zones were dead) I was just free points to the Destruction players. They killed me ridiculously fast.

Glal on
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I took Jaek to defend the Destruction keep at one point, my heals were pitiful... but I could focus on rezing people and let the effective healers spend their time healing. I did NOT feel as though my contribution to for that was useless.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fortress zones need to be instanced and restricted to rank 40s.

Constrictor on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2008
    so we killed 6 bosses in lost vale last night and got 1 piece of loot that wasnt salvaged.

Unknown User on
    edited December 2008
    A-Puck wrote: »
    I took Jaek to defend the Destruction keep at one point, my heals were pitiful... but I could focus on rezing people and let the effective healers spend their time healing. I did NOT feel as though my contribution to for that was useless.

You were causing lag.

Well done lag causer.

Shun the lag causer.

Shuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Morninglord on
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    *shrug*
    We successfully defended the keep lord and the zone didn't crash so...

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    playing a sorc in Siege battles has to be one of the most rewarding experiences. We get to put out massive AoE damage as well as (with a tactic) intense CC. You can punt away an entire enemy warband as they are clustering together, and you can do it over and over. It is glorious

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm enjoying my now-10 Magus so far after the patch (just resubscribed yesterday), but I don't know if that's placebo talking or if my abilities are really that much stronger

Either way, I'm happy :)

Ledneh on
    edited December 2008
    *shrug*

The shunned one got lucky!

Listen not to his foul lies!

Being totally serious:

Your amazing ingeniousness and willingness to sit there and res people aside, and make no mistake I find this a worthwhile personal attribute to have, that's just something that a proper fix would have to sacrifice for better lag free in all situations, not just one you got lucky in.

Okay.

Yes you did well. No it's not good enough.

Morninglord on
    edited December 2008
    *shrug*
    I don't have a problem with lower tiers coming to defend higher tiers. One more lower tiered char on my side means that one less Order character targeting me. Hopefully the game will progress to a point that performance won't suffer because so many people are in a zone fighting. That probably won't happen for a long time though, because it'll be a combination of server/client upgrades and hardware updates across the board.

Having hundreds of dudes on each side seems to be what this game was made for.

Malkor on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Played my BG a bit last night, man, lots of them. Order had healers, we didn't, so RVR kinda sucked. But I did discover if you run past the idiot KOTBS and attack the Runepriests they tend to freak right the fuck on out. :)

Seriously, it was like "Ooo, squishy idiot in a dress!" And the entire order side goes "Oh shits!" and freaks out. I didn't have my snare (I queued up immediately upon first logon) so I couldn't chase him down as well as I would have liked, but, man, that was fun. :)

KiTA on
This discussion has been closed.