As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How cheesy will the 00's look?

12345679»

• Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    But in this case I've never seen anyone from any music scene that did not look like a moron.

Fixed that for ya, I think. Emos don't look any more ridiculous than punks (mohawks? really?), goths (black? really?), hip hoppers (stupid ballcaps? really?), rockers (leather pants? really?), or choirboys (robes? really?).

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    But in this case I've never seen anyone from any music scene that did not look like a moron.

Fixed that for ya, I think. Emos don't look any more ridiculous than punks (mohawks? really?), goths (black? really?), hip hoppers (stupid ballcaps? really?), rockers (leather pants? really?), or choirboys (robes? really?).

Well they do to me. Which is all I can offer, my opinion.

Also choirboys must look hot to someone because they sure get molested a lot.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When did the back windows of vehicles become mobile epitaphs, is that a 00's thing?

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

At least the 90's were more eye-friendly

Pair of ripped jeans / baggy jeans and a flannel shirt and t-shirt is way better than seeing dudes in skin tight jeans and butch lesbian haircuts

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Indie and Hipsters don't really dress too badly.

But I like flannel.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    When did the back windows of vehicles become mobile epitaphs, is that a 00's thing?

I really think of window decals as more of an 80s/90s thing. For instance, fake Calvin pissing on a Ford logo, or a large "CAMARO" sticker on your Camaro to let everyone know it's a Camaro.

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Octoparrot wrote: »

I really think of window decals as more of an 80s/90s thing. For instance, fake Calvin pissing on a Ford logo, or a large "CAMARO" sticker on your Camaro to let everyone know it's a Camaro.

Well those you can buy at any auto store or Wal-mart. Everywhere now I see gigantic custom ones: "RIP Susan Douche, died in a car accident*, 1988-2007, You were loved by everyone"

*Or other unintentional irony.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    arod_77 wrote: »

But I like flannel.

I've always thought of it as the materiel of choice for the greater rednecked yeti, as opposed to the lesser rednecked yeti, which favors $150000 of free Neiman Marcus.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Scalfin wrote: »
    arod_77 wrote: »

But I like flannel.

I've always thought of it as the materiel of choice for the greater rednecked yeti, as opposed to the lesser rednecked yeti, which favors $150000 of free Neiman Marcus.

It's comfy. And warm.

moniker on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's the material of lumberjacks and lesbians.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And Civil War underwear.

Bitstream on