As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Magic Sword Kings [Elemenstor Mini-Phalla] - GAME OVER - Evil wins!

weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Critical Failures
Elemenstor Saga Phalla
Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings

Setting
The year is 35 TMSK. It is a time of great change for Battal. United as one for the first time in human memory, all the lands are under the reign of King Ronard. The engines of wealth and power are turning, and great works are under way, but not all is at peace in the lands. The mighty twelve realms of Battal, allied under King Ronard, are at constant odds with one another as they vie for power and influence within the new world order. Espionage, trade disputes, minor military skirmishes and assassinations are all too common. It is the Kings Council, the council of each of the Magic Sword Kings of the individual twelve realms, that must resolve these disputes; holding together the patchwork alliances that maintain the fragile peace.

The Story
One of the great public works commissioned by King Ronard is the exploration and mapping of the FaeriWraithe Lands, a recently discovered plane of Battal with potentially vast untapped riches and natural resources. A meeting of the Kings Council has been called in order to decide on the details of funding and organizing such an expedition. Each of the kings of the twelve realms arrives in Mandleclang with their retinue in tow and the council of kings begins to meet immediately in the Chamber of the Kings.

It soon becomes apparent that someone or something would like this undertaking to fail. After a delegate from Blee turned up dead, it was thought to be a spot of bad luck. When a representative from the Kingdom of Parsonya was found dead in his chambers, it was an eerie coincidence. By the time all of the delegates from Morlond's Field had been slipped poison in their soup (although they may have done this to themselves). Slowly the delegates were whittled away, and the local Mandleclang authorities were unable to discover the culprits. By the time there were only two delegates remaining from each of the realms, they were unable to wait any longer and ready to take matters into their own hands. Suspicions run high, as well as nationalistic pride and xenophobic prejudice. Alliances form and tonight, vigilante justice would be dispensed.

Map
BattalPresunder.jpg

Phalla Rules
Standard rules apply that are better enumerated elsewhere.
Vote closes at 6:00 pm (pacific)

There can be delegates from each of the realms (and also Portund).

Each night the delegates will vote on which one of their number is an assassin and they will execute him/her. The assassins will also pick a delegate to assassinate.

Hidden among the delegates:
* 1 traditional seer
* 1 guardian
* some assassins advancing the agenda of Evil

Additional Votes
Additionally, every delegate has a certain amount of sway with their King, who in turn has a certain amount of sway over all the delegates. Once per game, each delegate can use their influence with their king to have the king cast a vote for the assassination... essentially giving the player two votes for that day. A king may only cast one vote per day, determined randomly from the votes from players that are of that king's faction. Make your king vote like this: !King Vote <name>
In addition to the king vote, delegates from certain kingdoms have vote manipulation abilities as well.

Other Goodies
Many delegates brought large trade caravans with them so expect items to surface and to be traded amongst delegates. These items may also manipulate the vote. All vote manipulation happens publicly through nightly narration, so must be used carefully.

Victory Conditions
Good: In the end, as long as at least one delegate remains, the council will continue to meet, ultimately resulting in a band of explorers being send to the Faeriwraithe Lands.
Evil: If only evil delegates (assassins disguised as delegates) remain, the evil delegates will have the sole ear of the kings and they will convince the kings that the venture is cursed. Whatever nefarious forces have set this plot into motion will be successful.

Kingdoms

Rich and Pastural Blee
A fertile grassland realm on the eastern coast. Although consisting largely of sparsely populated plains, Blee has become quite wealthy from its port cities. Primarily ruled from the capital city of Flongstake, the region on its western frontiers surrounding Mount Wang largely self-governs. read more

Deadly Graha
The land of assassins. The entire population of this land are highly trained assassins, adept in the trades of secrecy, stealth, and subterfuge in addition to whatever other occupation they may have. read more

Backwards Ithbarg
A kingdom founded on the 100th anniversary of Ithbarg II's founding. A northwestern coastal realm in the shadow of the Beutrafficade Mountains, it is largely uninhabited but for coastal fishing villages and a few hermit colonies in the swampy interior. read more

Drunken Ithbarg II
The first nation of Ithbarg, often confused for the second nation of Ithbarg by those not familiar with the counter-phonetic language of Sudkon Vuf. A northwestern land referred to as the ''Land of Dwarven Brew''. read more

Mercantile K'th'ith'h
A mountainous inland realm, largely dominated by the Ap'str'ph' Mountains with an economy based largely on the semi-precious ore, Apostrophine, mined in said mountains. The two dominant races in the land are K'thians and Sw'ftfl'woots. read more

Hearty Kelembad
A mountainous and hazard-filled landscape dominated by the range of the Howling Mountains, the Kelembadians were a fierce, hard, yet musical people. Surviving in the harsh climate of their volcano-rich lands quickly killed any but the hardiest, or most rhythmic. read more

Industrious Mandleclang
The heartland realm, a wide verdant green valley land west of the Wang Mountains. The capital of Middleclang is the seat of power for King Ronard, and the council chambers where the [Kings Council] meets. read more

Zany Morlond's Field
A pleasant grassland realm where all the residents are lunatics. The kingdom is ruled, as best as can be expected, from the shadows by the mysterious ''Eyuda'' (the shadowy cabal, not the spice). read more

Mysterious Shadia
A small landlocked sylvan nation, ringed entirely by a stand of tremendously large Evergrowth Trees. Home of the Witch-Elves, who largely speak the little known language of Glikty. read more

The Gloomy Kingdom of Parsonya
A southern kingdom that lies uncomfortably close to both the ''Chasm of Eternal Sorrow'' and ''The Vampyre Kingdom''. This unenviable proximity to such an evil and foreboding place has influenced the character of the entire land. read more

The Irrelevant Kingdom of Yymp
This western coastal kingdom is almost entirely shrouded in a thick fog which conceals a brutal civil war. Only the small northern region outside of the so-called ''Mist Sea'' has contact with the other kingdoms of Battal. The royal line has likely been extinguished, and the kingdom is run by a rather weak line of Steward-Earls. read more

The Inscrutable Land of Thrown Fish
A kingdom fever-dreamed from the future after the result of a critically fumbled poison foe spell cast by a Wasted Elemenstor. None of the laws of logic of physics apply here, and the residents are either cracked or permanently hardened against the strange. read more

Other Less Notable Lands
Provincial Portund
A provincial lowland desert fiefdom settled just east of the towering Beutrafficades Mountain Range. Portund continually applies for, but is denied, membership in the twelve realms. read more

Signup
!signup with the name the kingdom you'd like to be a delegate from.

Vote
!vote for the name of the person you'd like to see executed by the mob that day. (your vote can be changed, retractions not requested)

Days
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

"Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
weatheredclown on

• weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Player List
    1. vertroue - seer - The Kingdom of Parsonya - died by the sword
    2. The_Reflection - The Land of Thrown Fish - "voted out"
    3. Hellbunny - Shadia - killed by evil
    4. Wildcat - K'th'ith'h
    5. jackisreal - Morlond's Field
    6. abotkin - Morlond's Field
    7. delroland - Portund
    8. KrataLightblade - Graha - consumed by something evil
    9. lonelyahava - something evil - not really from Ithbarg - died by the mob
    10. TheLawinator - The Land of Thrown Fish - something tore him to bits
    11. Rebel_Blade - Graha assassin - killed by the evil
    12. kime - Shadia
    13. kuhlmeye - Ithbarg II
    14. The Dagon - The Land of Thrown Fish
    15. Darkewolfe - Kelembad - voted out
    16. MagicMan - The Kingdom of Yymp
    17. Malkor - K'th'ith'h - voted out

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Original background, or is it from something?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited December 2008
    delroland wrote: »

haha.. that's actually a matter of opinion. :)

weatheredclown on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

*cough*

Thetheroo on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am game !Sign Me up!!

Although I am slightly confused... lol

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is a must for me, as I used to contribute to the elemenstor wiki a lot back in the day.

The_Reflection on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !sign up for Mysterious Shadia

If your king vote gets RNGed to someone else from your faction, does that still count as your one-time influence?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well I can't miss out on ELotH:TES Magic Sword Kings.

Seriously.

!Ambulatory Furniture Up in the Inscrutable Kingdom of Thrown Fish!
    God I loved that wiki to death. It was the best thing to read when I was bored.

Rainfall on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign up for Zany Morlond's Field

Awesome :D

jackisreal on
    edited December 2008
    The Gloomy Kingdom of Parsonya

please

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    edited December 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »

*cough*

Ah.

delroland on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Zany Morlond's Field is a cat!

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited December 2008
    kime wrote: »
    !sign up for Mysterious Shadia

If your king vote gets RNGed to someone else from your faction, does that still count as your one-time influence?

nope.. if your king rejects your proposal, you can always try again, but he (or she) will only ever grant you one favor.

weatheredclown on
    edited December 2008
    Oh, what the hell. !Provincial Portund, it is.

delroland on
    edited December 2008
    Can I be a Mortician? Lol that is going to be my job after college..well ish.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    edited December 2008
    vertroue wrote: »
    Can I be a Mortician? Lol that is going to be my job after college..well ish.

Just about everybody from Parsonya is at least a part time mortician.

weatheredclown on
    edited December 2008
    Woot lol *finds scalpel* Want to play with me?

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, a reminiscence of the concept of the Walrus that was held in primitive times seems to underlie the evaluation of the Walrus which was current among the peoples of classical antiquity. They took it for granted that Walruses were related to the world of the supernatural beings in whom they believed, and that they brought inspirations from the gods and demons.

Moreover, it appeared to them that Walruses must serve a special purpose in respect of the Walrus-Father. The extraordinary variations in the content of Walruses, and in the impressions which they produced on the Walrus-Father, made it, of course, very difficult to formulate a coherent conception of them, and necessitated manifold differentiations and group-formations, according to their value and reliability.

The valuation of Walruses by the individual philosophers of antiquity naturally depended on the importance which they were prepared to attribute to romanticism in general.

jackisreal on
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What the hell.

!Signup Graha.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Signup Backwards Ithgrab

lonelyahava on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign up for the Inscrutable Land of Thrown Fish

Surely no other nation is as awesome.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Rebel_BladeRebel_Blade Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Signup Deadly Graha

What? Just 'cause I come from the land of assassins doesn't mean I am an assassin. That's just a stereotype

>.>

<.<

Rebel_Blade on
  • HellbunnyHellbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Signup with Shadia

Yeah, I think that'll do it. Yup, I'll go with it.

Hellbunny on
    Zombie-a-Day! I'm open for suggestions!
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign up from the noble land of Drunken Ithbarg II

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh why not.

!The Inscrutable Land of Thrown Fish

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
    edited December 2008
    A quick update on the kingdoms and their populations:
    8. KrataLightblade - Graha
    11. Rebel_Blade - Graha
    9. lonelyahava - Ithbarg
    13. kuhlmeye - Ithbard II
    5. jackisreal - Morlond's Field
    6. abotkin - Morlond's Field
    3. kime - Shadia
    12. Hellbunny - Shadia
    1. vertroue - The Kingdom of Parsonya
    2. The_Reflection - The Land of Thrown Fish
    4. Rainfall - The Land of Thrown Fish
    10. TheLawinator - The Land of Thrown Fish
    14. The Dagon - The Land of Thrown Fish
    7. delroland - Portund

weatheredclown on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If vote close is at 9pm EST, I might not be able to play, since i don't get out of work until that time every night enxt week.

lonelyahava on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Signup Hearty Kelembad (Was going to go thrown fish, but apparently people are all-up-ins.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited December 2008
    Finally! I can enact my revenge!

Die, Darkewolfe! Die!!

lonelyahava on
    edited December 2008
    It is to be sure,
    Our people are pure.
    Many kingdoms are empty,
    Of all sorts of gentry.

Weatheredclown did well,
    The signups to tell.
    No liege should lack for crew,
    So here are the empty countries for you to view.

Rich and Pastural Blee 0
    Deadly Graha 2
    Backwards Ithbarg 1
    Drunken Ithbard II 2
    Mercantile K’th’ith’h 1
    Hearty Kelembad 1
    Industrious Mandleclang 0
    Zany Morlond’s Field 2
    Mysterious Shadia 2
    The Gloomy Kingdom of Parsonya 1
    The Irrelevant Kingdom of Yymp 1
    The Inscrutable Land of Thrown Fish 3
    Provincial Portund 1

Edited to reflect the ch-ch-changes! Turn and face the rain!

Darkewolfe on
    edited December 2008
    yllaniF!! I nac tcane ym egnever!!!

eid, eflowekrad!! EID!!!!!!

My fairest Hava, as I'm sure you can see,
    The victims before were both you AND me.
    Allow me to prove my love, in both battle and song,
    Don't vote to kill me all game long.

Darkewolfe on
    edited December 2008
    Oh no you don't!!!

there will be no singing in order to soften my heart!!!

I have fantastic and delicious revenge to exact!!!

You cannot sway me with your declarations of love!!

I can not be swayed!!!

lonelyahava on
    edited December 2008
    *sighs* Our country is still feeling the loss of income over that whole Invisigoth fiasco.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • MagicManMagicMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign up for The Irrelevant Kingdom of Yymp

MagicMan on
    edited December 2008
    Ho on uoy t'nod!!!

ereht lliw eb on gingnis ni redro ot netfos ym traeh!!!

I evah citsatnaf dna suoiciled egnever ot tcaxe!!!

ouy tonnac yaws em hitw ruoy snoitaralced fo evol!!!

I nac ton eb deyaws!!!

Wolves cry out "betrayed!"
    The storm crashes upon seas.
    Hava, don't kill me?

Darkewolfe on
    edited December 2008
    fI etov esolc si ta 9mp TSE, i thgim ton eb elba ot yalp, ecnis i t'nod teg tuo fo krow litnu taht emit yreve thgin txen keew.

hem... gnieb dnuora rof etov esolc si detarrevo...

weatheredclown on
    edited December 2008
    In that case, I am here to stay!!!

Darkewolfe, I promise nothing! As the others about my grudge against Toxic Toys.

And This is alot easier than it seems it should be.

I give credit to anyone that is taking the time to figure out what I am saying.

Kudos.

lonelyahava on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mercantile K’th’ith’h be me.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ni taht esac, i ma ereh ot yats!!!

eflowekrad, i esimorp gnihton! ksa eht srehto tuoba ym egdurg tsniaga cixot syot.

dna siht si tola reisae naht ti smees ti dluohs eb.

i evig tiderc ot enoyna taht si gnikat eht emit ot erugif tuo tahw i ma ginyas.

soduk.

I love you.

I also hate you.

Simultaneously.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is it bad that I can not only read what she is writing, but I can also see the spelling and grammar errors?

Not that are that many, only two I think, but still.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon