As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free VG orchestra concert. Dec 4, College Park MD

NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
The University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra will hold its FREE Winter Concert on Thursday December 4th at 8PM in the Memorial Chapel on the UMD Campus. The GSO is the only college orchestra dedicated to playing orchestral arrangements of video game music. The groups consists of 100 musicians and staff, with both instrumentalists and a chorus. Last May the concert filled the Kay Theater in the CSPAC with over 600 people!

The concert will feature music from Xenosaga, The Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, and more! Come meet the GSO and share in our mission to spread appreciation for video game music as a genre! Mark your calendars and please help spread the word. For more information, see our website at www.umd.gamersymphony.org. For any specific questions or to sign up for our email newsletter, send an email to umdgso@gmail.com.

Again, the specifics are:
Who: The University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra
What: Winter Concert 2009
When: Thursday December 4th, 8-9:30PM
Where: Memorial Chapel, UMD Campus
Why: FREE VGM Concert!
Web: www.umd.gamersymphony.org
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter!

Representatives from The Music and Gaming Festival (MAGFest) will also be there.
Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

NickTheNewbie on

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn free awesome things that aren't in my general area!

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Just a reminder that this is coming up this thursday. If you're in the area, drop by for a free concert!

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This is tonight at 8pm in memorial chapel at University of Maryland. Hope to see you there! I'll be at the magfest table wearing a magfest shirt, so drop by and say hi.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Missed this until now. If it wasn't such a busy week I'd consider dropping by.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Record and host online or I will murder you all!

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png