As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] UI Thread! Great Tweaks inside!

Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
A functional UI is a happy UI. The default in WAR is a good Default, but could use some tweaks. In this thread, show us your UI and some addons to make it awesome. I suppose I can start and lead by example. It really is impressive at how big of a difference such simple tweaks can make!

Here are some I use. These are very light mods, nothing heavy duty and they are easy to install, especially with the curse client. If I were you guys, I'd check these out. These are great little tweaks to get you started!

+ Libslash - Makes way for custom /commands. Pretty much necessary for any decent modding.
+ Buff Throttle - A must have for anyone stepping out into RvR lands.
+ Sticky Gear Settings - Makes it so that cloak and helm settings stick and don't need resetting upon respawning or zoning.
+ Peace Out - A small modest mod. Instead of doing those stupid 4 lines of text where it says "You are 10 seconds from being logged out" it instead comes up with a pop up box and a timer is embedded in that. A nice tweak to make the game feel a bit more polished up.
+ Killing Blow - Killing someone in RvR will put their name and point values in the big red font in the screen. It's just good feedback I think since it says how many RPs you got etc.
+ zMini Map - The square map. Simpler, cleaner, and you can scale it up larger without it taking up half the screen like the default. Zoom settings also stick and are controlled with Mousewheel.
+ Colortips and nRarity - These two mods kinda go hand in hand. One changes the color of the icons border in your inventory. (Green items get a green border, blue get blue, etc) while the other one changes the color of the tool tip border. (Green items get green tooltip border). It just looks better and makes it easier to organize I think.
+ ActionBarColor - This Addon shades in unuseable abilities in red. For example, I've got a slayer targetted, but he is waaay too far away to use most of my abilities on, hence they turn red.

And here is what it looks like for the moment. I still have some tweaking I'd like to do but so far it is very functional, clean and easy to work with! :D

uberui1.jpg

So as you can see, with a bit of scaling things down a bit, moving stuff around, and taking out some bits of the UI and replacing them, you can get a very functional product that won't clutter your screen or eat up massive amounts of ram! Now your turn! Show me your UIs and what you like about them, how they work for you and all that!

Lucky Cynic on

• Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    27yux5k.png

1.06, click for full (sort of) size.

The primary mods you see are Squared, xPanels, zMiniMap, and Vertigo.

I'd like to switch to SNT Panels, since it can do rounded corners and is a bit more configurable, but it resets the position of its frames every time you relog, and I don't feel like fighting it anymore.

Also, I've yet to find an existing unit frame mod that's worth a damn. Holding out for a good one. Sticking to the default, in the mean time. Other mods that probably aren't so obvious at first glance are Chatty Cathy, CDown, vertical morale & tactics, nhideGCD, Moth, IS HealBot, WSCT, smartbar, and buffthrottle.

And to pre-empt the question, yes, I do use more than one action bar. However, I keep action bars 1-3 hidden. All of my attacks and heals are on those. The one that's showing is where I put all the abilities I click, plus some other junk just for the sake of filling up the bar on my lowbie zealot.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh come on, people. Post! The default UI is pretty terrible... there's gotta be more people working on it!

I've updated mine a bit. Click for full size.

Out of Combat / Solo

wrde6c.jpg

In Combat / Grouped

1oxbo7.jpg

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm waiting for a cool health bar setting one. The default bars above people's heads are kinda dull. Something like AoC's health bar would be nifty and cool.

Edit: Er, it is AoC that has the sort of arc trailing up the player's character right?

Like instead of a box, it is an arc that runs up and down.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm waiting for a cool health bar setting one. The default bars above people's heads are kinda dull. Something like AoC's health bar would be nifty and cool.

You mean something like PsiStatus?

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    s3rial one wrote: »

You mean something like PsiStatus?

That's nifty actually, but no I meant more of an artsy one. I mean a small box is kinda small, but a big arc that looks classy instead of a two toned box would definitely be cool to have.

Lucky Cynic on