As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Button exchange website, can't remember...

SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in PAX Archive
so I'm thinking about getting some buttons done (about 100 maybe) for something soon and remembered liking the site that was used for the PAX Button Exchange, I just can't remember what it is...Forums have been cleaned out so can't search for it. Will someone please remind me? thank ya thank ya.

and of course, if you have any suggestions that'd be just dandy too

I read arrows
Smidget on

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Smidget wrote: »
    so I'm thinking about getting some buttons done (about 100 maybe) for something soon and remembered liking the site that was used for the PAX Button Exchange, I just can't remember what it is...Forums have been cleaned out so can't search for it. Will someone please remind me? thank ya thank ya.

and of course, if you have any suggestions that'd be just dandy too

www.purebuttons.com

MetaverseNomad on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    The forums haven't been cleaned out. The default forum settings don't display threads past a certain age. You can find these threads either through the search function or by changing your options via the control panel to show older threads.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    well gee willickers, that is in fact something I've never encountered before in all my days of forums. Didn't search since I thought they were gone. Thanks for the reply, both of ya's.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That reminds me. I should get on that again...

*starts plotting buttoneering 09*

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shh. My opinion, don't bring this up until after all has paid off their Holiday bills in January. Totally easier to max out the cards when they are free and clear.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think Zealous One and I may be able to claim the last 2008 button trade. He wanted mine and through many postal blunders we finally sealed the deal yesterday when his mangled envelope arrived at my door. Just a note a paper envelope does NOT work well for sending buttons. My first to him dissappeared for ever and my second which was wrapped in a dozen layers of tape came through mangled. Anyway 2009 button exchange Woo Hoo!!

sum10fishy on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yay! =) I'm excited for it. I think I'll make bonus buttons as well this coming year.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MissDizzyBee and I have yet to exchange buttons... though we still plan to...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2008
    Man, I need to come up with some new button ideas.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have to figure out what I want to do for buttons too. I had none to trade this year, so this year I gotta come up with something awesome. What do you guys think is a reasonable quantity to get?

MeeOk on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MeeOk wrote: »
    I have to figure out what I want to do for buttons too. I had none to trade this year, so this year I gotta come up with something awesome. What do you guys think is a reasonable quantity to get?

I went through my 100 pretty quickly. We'll have to see how exponentially the number of participants grows this year.

eye-shuh on
    edited December 2008
    Aye, I think I'm going to get 100 + 50 bonus. It probably won't be able to cover nearly everyone, but at least a good amount of people. =)

As for the new button designs... I'm going to keep with FF3 "fantasy scenarios". I'd like to have one of Cyan dangling Kefka over a cliff while everyone's standing around laughing... but I don't know how well that'll come across with the limited FF3 sprites. =)

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    I was thinking of doing an image of a towel, with the number 42 on it.. ^^;; I was thinking an order of 250, just so I had enough, but... bonus buttons for what?

MeeOk on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oy, whatever happened to the IRC CCG?

Twinkie on
    edited December 2008
    OH! CRAP!

I forgot about the CCG!

Jeez... when I moved, I totally forgot that we'd been working about that. I have to talk to Moe and get back into that. My drive across the country apparently wiped my brain about everything I was planning on doing before that. =)

VThornheart on
  • AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I lost like half my buttons after showing them off to my fam. *pout* but I have most of the ones I REALLY wanted. Must think of a way to display them.

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Its a bit early but someone who is good at photoshop or image creation has to help me make another awesome button.

The_Reflection on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Its a bit early but someone who is good at photoshop or image creation has to help me make another awesome button.

Dude. The Shark in Vietnam is epic. ...We all must collaborate to get another epic for you.

CaptainTapole on
    edited January 2009
    It was pretty awesome =)

Maybe this year you could do someone jumping over the shark or something. Same shark, just someone's head photoshopped onto an olympic hurdler's body that's then placed over the shark. Just brainstorming. =) How funny it is would probably depend on the timeliness of the choice for whose head to use. =)

VThornheart on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This year I am forgoing the son of man reference with my button and going for....

*drumroll*
    Waldo refrence button.

I know. Shocking.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    VT

i think it's time for you to start a new button exchange thread with all teh infoz

I"m gonna actually get buttons this year instead of begging for buttons :P

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited January 2009
    lol Qs =)

Oh, but the button exchange thread isn't my bag: RedHalo is the fearless leader of all that is button goodness!

Where are you Red? I haven't seen you on in a while! We miss you! =( =(

Though I am a co-organizer of the Magical Mystery Tour, which I'll be starting a thread on for this year soon! MetaverseNomad will be the official Fearless Leader of the MMT itself however this year, as I'll be on the Cross-Country Supertrip at the time. =)

VThornheart on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It was pretty awesome =)

Maybe this year you could do someone jumping over the shark or something. Same shark, just someone's head photoshopped onto an olympic hurdler's body that's then placed over the shark. Just brainstorming. =) How funny it is would probably depend on the timeliness of the choice for whose head to use. =)

heeeheheheheee :P

I'm still trying to come up with a good idea... I think I'll have to make 2 sets of buttons, but I don't know what I want to do yet!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited January 2009
    It was pretty awesome =)

heeeheheheheee :P

You, Nomad my Dear, have officially killed me. I SHOULD be doing homework which is due three hours from the point of time of posting this; but I have been cracking up for like five minutes.

Also! <.< >.> As soon as Redy comes alive again, he and I will have a good conversation--he'll need a co-hort for this year's buttoneering since it was FRACKING INSANE last year.

CaptainTapole on
    edited January 2009
    LOL! You crack me up Nomad! =)=) rofl =)

VThornheart on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Heh, I feel that I made my buttons _too_ awesome for 08.... how am I going to top the Soviet British Columbia flag button? xD

Well... maybe a g'kar button.... but there must be something else I can do...

Theros on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If RedHalo doesn't want to run the button trading again, I'll step up for that. But only if he doesn't wish to do it.

I still want to know what PureButtons has on tap for next year.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Last year I put together a "challenge" button I didn't have time to have made.

huuuuugsjl0.th.jpg

It was just going to be a simple button for hug swap. Although I'm not sure if I don't want to do something equally silly featuring The Professor Brothers from the JFK History Lesson song.

brograbszq0.th.png

Perhaps different buttons, depending on which day you hug me. :)

edit: I guess I should link the references, huh?

Hugs

JFK - Fuckers censored it. :P

Blain on
    edited January 2009
    You just gave me the idea for fist pound buttons

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2009
    After a hard day of murdering hundreds and hundreds of people. :)
    20080307.jpg

Blain on
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am super excited for this year's button exchange! I already have my design (I think). :D

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
    edited January 2009
    I wonder... will CuZZa be able to find a sash large enough to store all the buttons this year? That was such a good idea. =) Maybe two sashes?

The logistics of having so many buttons is going to be difficult. =)

VThornheart on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Remember... No repeat buttons of last year.

parabola on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    Remember... No repeat buttons of last year.

Damnit, I've got like another 100 buttons to give away from last year.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited January 2009
    Ooh! I can't remember if I got one from you Qs23, so if you feel so inclined please bring me one ^_^ Maybe I should figure out what I want on mine, for sure.. Heh

MeeOk on
    edited January 2009
    Maybe buttons from last year can be cycled in as bonus buttons if you have any left?

VThornheart on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey VT are you coming for sure this year?

I don't think Bioware will bring you twice.

parabola on
    edited January 2009
    lol, that is true =) I'm definitely coming this year though. My wife and I are saving for it, we got ourselves safely to New Hampshire, and though I'm still with the same employer I'm now in a position where I can look for a new job a little more safely.

In truth, I should've left my job after I got back from PAX. I... well... I didn't have the cahones to man up and quit. (I know... I'm weak =( ) Instead, I gave them an ultimatum: give me the healthcare and salary promised when I signed on, or I find a new job at the start of the year. (which basically translates to "make this business work now, or it's never going to work")

The business is still alive (and I still don't know how, we've still gotten no loan to keep us going), but now that I'm in New Hampshire and where I want to live I'm jumping ship unless some miracle happens and we succeed while I'm job hunting.

I started the job hunt January 1st, after my final ultimatum expired. Ironically, just today they told me that they have "new prospects" for places to get the SBA loan, but I'm done with the pipe dream that this business is going to survive on 6 customers. I don't know where his money is coming from, and I don't know why the business hasn't collapsed yet... but either way I'm done.

But I'm trying to save up money so that the actual act of getting a new job won't hurt the PAX situation.

(Leaving people is really, really hard for me. Yikes. I've got some severe codependency issues I need to resolve... I think that's what I'm really taking away from this experience. I'm kicking myself for not having the balls to just leave when I got back from PAX. Oy.)

VThornheart on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I wasn't a part of this last year, but I was approached once or twice about it because I had some buttons pimping a friend's site.

I'm thinking of doing it this year though.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    edited January 2009
    It's a nice way to break the ice. And it's cool to sift through them and be reminded of cool people and events.

Blain on
This discussion has been closed.