As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's make a [chat]wich.

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The story of the flood is a true story, described in the literature of many nations. Noah survived it, and tiny handsful of others apparently did as well, but not many. Whether or not the flood and the events surrounding it were visited upon the Earth as punishment for sin I don't have an opinion. The one thing it might plausibly have been a punishment for to my thinking would have been man himself beginning to learn how to re-engineer living forms and misusing the skill to devise things like chiggers, ticks, and biting flies. There is no reasonable way to believe that a loving God created those kinds of things. But that's just a guess, I wasn't there.

almost half of americans voted for W twice.

twice!

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Thats your happy face?
    That's my fucking ecstatic face. I'm breakin' out the booze and the bitches, people.

I'd post mine but it would break the camera.
    I'd smile wider but it would break the internet. I think everyone here can agree that wouldn't be a good thing.

Hacksaw on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    redx wrote:
    The story of the flood is a true story, described in the literature of many nations. Noah survived it, and tiny handsful of others apparently did as well, but not many. Whether or not the flood and the events surrounding it were visited upon the Earth as punishment for sin I don't have an opinion. The one thing it might plausibly have been a punishment for to my thinking would have been man himself beginning to learn how to re-engineer living forms and misusing the skill to devise things like chiggers, ticks, and biting flies. There is no reasonable way to believe that a loving God created those kinds of things. But that's just a guess, I wasn't there.

almost half of americans voted for W twice.

twice!

You can't make some of this shit up. They're raising the bar so high... can't even reach it to make fun of them...

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I accidently sacked Choco today :(

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

That's some crude sexual euphemism, right?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You tackled him for a loss on a passing play? And how was that accidental?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gim wrote:
    Which reminds me.
    Elendil, should you come back online at some point tonight, I am compiling a list of appropriate classical songs for SAD. So far I've got Adagio and Moonlight Sonata (first movement). Can you think of any other worthy additions? Grazie.
    Than recommended Peer Gynt. Asa's Death seemed to fit nicely.
    SAD?

Elendil on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is that like teabagging?

Aroused Bull on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Perhaps her her depth perception was off and she misjudged her downstroke?

LaOs on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I accidently elbowed Choco in the balls today. We were playing Soul Calibur and I got frustrated at Voldo. I was flailing and Choco got hit.

• flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So my psych teacher had sort of a creepy semi-breakdown in class today.

We were talking about the "reminiscence bump" which is the idea that when looking back on your life, the majority of your memories are from 13-30 and from the past few years. This is because 13-30 has the most going on and all types of big life shifts and moments going on and after that your life kind of normalizes, so you don't remember as much; it's all kind of a blur.

So some people remarked that that was kind of a depressing thought, and the teacher said it shouldn't be depressing for us because we still have a good deal of that ahead of us, and he is 27 (grad student) so for him it is kind of depressing and how his life was already beginning to normalize at least in terms of a career/vocation in psychology, and he started rambling about how maybe that wasn't his passion or anything, he just kind of went with the flow and did what he was good at but it wasn't like his life dream and now he's already entrenched in the world of psychology and he can't just start over without going back to school and starting completely from scratch and how he doesn't see anything exciting happening in his life in the "3 years he has left" (when he turns 30 and theoretically his life becomes less memorable) and how his career life is pretty much set on a track now and blah blah blah

God I was just expecting him to flip over the table and start yelling I NEVER WANTED TO BE A PSYCHOLOGIST! I WANTED TO BE AN ACTOR! FUCK THIS CLASS AND FUCK YOU ALL!

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
    edited February 2007
    I accidently elbowed Choco in the balls today. We were playing Soul Calibur and I got frustrated at Voldo. I was flailing and Choco got hit.
    You seem to hit Choco an awful lot.

Aroused Bull on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Every chat thread has a few posts like this. I think Choco has battered wife syndrome.

Evil Multifarious on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Which reminds me.
    Elendil, should you come back online at some point tonight, I am compiling a list of appropriate classical songs for SAD. So far I've got Adagio and Moonlight Sonata (first movement). Can you think of any other worthy additions? Grazie.
    SAD?
    Single Awareness Day, the bitter person's acronym for Valentine's Day.

I should note that the Adagio mentioned is 'Adagio for Strings'.

Gim on
    edited February 2007
    You seem to hit Choco an awful lot.

No.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

Every chat thread has a few posts like this. I think Choco has battered wife syndrome.

No. I love Cass. She is excellent. With not hitting me. Because she doesn't hit me.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I FELL DOWN THE STAIRS!

And yes Gim I plan on spending my valentines day curled up with my significant other(a bottle of cheap vodka)

nexuscrawler on
    edited February 2007
    Okay! Okay! No need to get violent.

Aroused Bull on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

again?

god damn, you are cute and all, and I will contiue to make comments to that effect on the internet, but if I ever meet you in real life you are never getting anywhere near my nuts.

Hur hur hur... right obvious one liner for you to respond with.

Fuck that. I'd be afraid to shake your hand.

hur hur... another obvious one liner, but I'm not really that repulsive in person.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

Cass is very calm. I am glad she is calm, because it means that she does not hit me.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited February 2007

No. I love Cass. She is excellent. With not hitting me. Because she doesn't hit me.

Oh. Okay.

RUN WHILE YOU CAN

DO NOT SURRENDER TO THE VAGINAL TYRRANY

Evil Multifarious on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fucking man up and smack that bitch back already Choco.

edited February 2007
    Gim wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Which reminds me.
    SAD?
    Singles Awareness Day, the bitter person's acronym for Valentine's Day.

Ah. I thought you were asking for music for Seaonal Affective Disorder.

Shostakovich is good for depressing shit. I like the first movement of the 5th symphony. Second movement of Beethoven 7 is a must. A number of the minor key stuff in Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier (the B minor fugue of book 1 especially).

Elendil on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    God I was just expecting him to flip over the table and start yelling I NEVER WANTED TO BE A PSYCHOLOGIST! I WANTED TO BE AN ACTOR! FUCK THIS CLASS AND FUCK YOU ALL!

that would have been legendary.

especially if he started rambling about how his father pushed him into it, etc.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited February 2007
    I recommend no classical music at all because it sucks.

edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Fucking man up and smack that bitch back already Choco.

Sean Connery couldn't have said it better

Evil Multifarious on
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Which reminds me.
    SAD?
    Singles Awareness Day, the bitter person's acronym for Valentine's Day.

Ah. I thought you were asking for music for Seaonal Affective Disorder.

Shostakovich is good for depressing shit. I like the first movement of the 5th symphony. Second movement of Beethoven 7 is a must. A number of the minor key stuff in Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier (the B minor fugue of book 1 especially).
    Many thanks, sir. I shall dedicate a swig of whatever alcohol I am drinking that day to your knowledge and honor.

Gim on
    edited February 2007
    I wanted to write "She is excellent in bed!" as a joke but she was watching me type and I fear for my life.

She's in the bathroom now.

Send help.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited February 2007

Cass is very calm. I am glad she is calm, because it means that she does not hit me.
    Choco, if you ever need to just talk let me know. Don't be afraid to let loose.

You don't need to go through this alone.

Elendil on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gim don't worry I"ll give you some pity sex on valentines day

nexuscrawler on
    edited February 2007
    I don't think this is Choco at all. I think Choco is lying on the ground bleeding to death and Cass is trying to cover up.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    There is no standard under which the B minor fugue can be said to suck.

Elendil on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I wanted to write "She is excellent in bed!" as a joke but she was watching me type and I fear for my life.

She's in the bathroom now.

Send help.

180px-Protective_cup.jpg

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited February 2007
    I don't think this is Choco at all. I think Choco is lying on the ground bleeding to death and Cass is trying to cover up.
    Meh -- he had it coming.

edited February 2007
    Gim don't worry I"ll give you some pity sex on valentines day
    Ooo, Yorker pity sex. I bet I get hit a lot.

Like Choco.

Gim on
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    There is no standard under which the B minor fugue can be said to suck.
    WRONG

"Fugue" is an ugly word.

NEXT

edited February 2007
    Cats are approximately 9000 times cuter than dogs.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm amazed Cass's "Jailbait Girl" hasn't used her elbows of doom yet.

She could have one-shotted that robot.

Incenjucar on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    you are approximately wrong

Senjutsu on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

LIES

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.