As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2071! (A Shadowrun Phalla) GAME OVER. Runners win!

• Mr. JohnsonMr. Johnson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Extermination

The Insects had taken Chicago. When they were forcefully removed, they had to find new territory. Shamans who had successfully escaped the purging afterward went in search of greener pastures. Maximus was one such shaman. He had come to Seattle a few years ago to try and spread the glorious message of the hivemind to what he thought were weak-minded fools. He was wrong. Yes, a few of them came to him willingly. So jaded and twisted to begin with, the transition to full-blown madness was simple. More often than not though, Maximus had to resort to brutal conversions. Sportzboytjw was one such follower. Converted nearly a year ago he had served the hivemind faithfully, although not willingly.
    Maybe that is why when the gang of angry runners broke into his home he did not fight them. He did not run, or scream. The death of his former master had allowed him limited access to his memories. Even a small bit of free will. When the group found him lying in his bed they saw that even though their target was not asleep, his breathing was steady and a slight grin could be seen on his face. They shot him in the head and burned his apartment.
    Crownaxe was waiting on the roof of a large Novatech office building. After a few minutes a tall, rather fat human stepped out from the stairwell. His appearance was deeply disturbing. Where eyes should have been, hundreds of maggots writhed and wriggled out of his sockets. A grotesque set of misshapen fly wings stemmed from his chest, and his feet were composed of a host of millipedes and cockroaches. "Weee seeee, you havvve arrived then..."
    silk worms crawled from his mouth, dangling by their threads from his lips. Crownaxe backed toward the edge of the building, drawing his weapon. "Look, I don't know what you are, but I'm gonna kill you where you stand unless you tell me what you've done with abotkin."
    He was doing his best to remain calm, but continued to edge away from the abomination.
    "Fool!" The thing barked, a few mosquitos escaping from his cavernous mouth. "I am abotkin! Theeee hivvvvemind has granted uss with so many gifffts, even old friends do not remember usss."
    Abotkin continued to close the gap but stopped when he heard footsteps coming up the stairwell. "Ahh, weee havve a guest"
    Gumpy burst through the doorway, his arm outstretched with a shotgun barrel sticking out the palm of his hand. Abotkin's head exploded in a shower of chitin and slime. Gumpy popped his elbow down, expelling the used shells and loaded two more into his arm. "He infect you?" he said, motioning to crownaxe.
    "No, he was my friend." Crownaxe looked down at the body.
    "I think he wanted me to help him. He seemed to b-" The sentence was cut short when gumpy fired again. This time into crownaxe's chest. The cop was knocked off his feet from the blast and fell over the guardrail. Gumpy chuckled. "Fraggin pigs, so easily distracted."
    He knelt down and inspected the swarm of critters in front of him. "I've been following you fuckers a long time. Ever since I got wind of you back about a year ago. I must say though, never met one quite as easy to kill as you though." It was at this point that gumpy noticed a strange feeling on his shin. He looked down just in time to see something burrowing into his leg. The pain was crippling, as toxins from the worm ate away at his leg. He fell to his knees, desperately clawing at the thing as it moved toward his skull. He knew what fate awaited him if he let this happen. He held his palm to his forehead, and willed it to fire.
    The Greyhound bus pulled out of the station. It lumbered slowly toward the edge of town, headed for a security checkpoint about a mile out of city limits. When it arrived a team of scanner drones and astral detectors swept it. El Skid was calm though. He had masked his records, gotten a fake SIN, and was eagerly awaiting his freedom. Nothing ever goes to plan though. A flashing red message came up on his commlink. PLEASE EXIT THE BUS FOR IDENTIFICATION He rose, deciding it better to comply than arouse any more suspicion. When he got off the bus he was greeted with assault rifles and riot gear. The officers took him into custody, His SIN number an obvious fake. In his bag they found mason jars. Filled with the eggs of a multitude of insects.

Gumpy, Fence-Chose the better option
    Crownaxe, Lackey-Double dead
    abotkin, Insect Minion-Lacking a head
    Sportzboytjw, Insect Thrall-Unpopular
    El Skid, Insect Thrall-Bad papers
    Frostmist, Specops-fired
    Rainfall, Moodchip burnout-fired
    Gorilla Salad, Face-fired
    MrMonroe, Veteran-retired
    BobCesca, Veteran-retired
    Kuhlmeye was incapacitated!

THE INSECTS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE GAME

PMs will be going out shortly. The end is neigh.

Mr. Johnson on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ha ha!

edit: Ouch, bye Gumpy.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited December 2008
    Okay, good night folks.

Drez on
  • Mr. JohnsonMr. Johnson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    PMs Have been sent! g'night.

Mr. Johnson on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ha ha! insects better step the fuck back!

Now, who is or are the last remnants of Lonestar?

The_Reflection on
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well that sucks :(

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Can we get an update of the OP tomorrow?

The_Reflection on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Quick and dirty (read: inaccurate) check of living players:

Egos
    Darian
    Exarch
    TrueNeverborn
    The_Reflection
    Jobastion
    Grundlterror
    FreeAgent
    VThornheart
    Doxa
    Kuhlmeye
    vertroue
    Drez
    CodograzanWard
    Frosteey
    Dac Vin
    piL

8 Insects dead, 7 Lonestar. Logically we'd have 1 left. That's a bunch of baddies, I'm surprised we did as well as we did.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am the furious neutral

Watch as insects and cops fall at my feet!

Gumpy on
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy just gotta say...

YOU THE FRAGGIN MAN CHUMMER!
    [FreeAgent] can fall from his high Lonestar Corporate horse!

I said bad things shall happen

Offer stands, Can you give me nuyen for protection?

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My list (V1.10) matches your Exarch.

I'm gonna just jump on this bandwagon. No proof. No nuttin. Just faith. Faith that Gumpy, even with his sacrifice, knew what the heck he was going on. That, btw, means FreeAgent, gotta go.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    sorry.

BobCesca on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »
    sorry.
    Old man, it's bout time you finally retired and left the runnin to us young folks.
    :P

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited December 2008
    What makes a man turn Neutral?
    Lust for power? Gold?
    Or were you born with a heart full of neutrality?

Exarch on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Your senseless bandwagon disappoints me. As Gumpy requested, I had contacted him today in hopes that we could discuss things. However, he never got back to me, so we never had a chance to talk. And no, I have neither the Nuyen, New Yen, or Nguyen that you're looking for.

Since I'm not inclined to blindly follow TrueNeverborn on his baseless crusade, I'm going to continue looking for actual targets. I've been going over the records, and it looks like all but 2 of the Lonestars were human. Probably not the best lead we've had, but I'll be looking over our remaining human populace for now.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Your senseless bandwagon disappoints me. As Gumpy requested, I had contacted him today in hopes that we could discuss things. However, he never got back to me, so we never had a chance to talk. And no, I have neither the Nuyen, New Yen, or Nguyen that you're looking for.

Since I'm not inclined to blindly follow TrueNeverborn on his baseless crusade, I'm going to continue looking for actual targets. I've been going over the records, and it looks like all but 2 of the Lonestars were human. Probably not the best lead we've had, but I'll be looking over our remaining human populace for now.

Well, could you explain to us just what the odd ability you used on Gumpy was, then?

That all but 2 human thing sounds like a red herring to me; the Lonestar Chief was an Orc.

Darian on
    edited December 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

Yes, it's quite convenient for a certain someone that Gumpy is dead today, isn't it?

Let's be blunt, since it's nearing the end of the game.

You are dead tonight unless you provide a plausible explanation as to what this "odd ability" entailed and why you targeted Gumpy with it. What IS your ability, exactly? Reminder: This is not me trying to "direct the village." I can kill you myself. So unless you fess up to exactly what happened the night before last, even if you squirm out of the village vote, you are still dead.

The fact that you didn't immediately do this, and instead offered some fluffy speech about this being a "senseless bandwagon" which is quite the opposite of senseless from a runner perspective (Gumpy managed to root out damn near all the insects and suspected you yesterday as well while you have not provided an explanation, making this quite sensible) is either telling or just silly on your part.

So, to sum up, this is what we know:

a) Gumpy was working for the runners, regardless of him being neutral.
    b) You targeted Gumpy with an "odd" ability two nights ago.
    c) Gumpy is dead and can't corroborate or refute anything you supposedly said to him yesterday.
    d) You have not provided an explanation and are trying to sidestep this bandwagon without doing so.
    e) You are calling a rather sensible bandwagon "senseless" - again without explaining why you think so. To a runner it seems quite sensible.

And if you really aren't a neutral helping the last lonestar (or the last lonestar himself) then, of course, you'd want to provide all the information you can to the runners to help us decide on the best target, right? I mean "I'm going to look for other suspicious folk" when you have a heavy suspicion against you doesn't seem to be the correct response here.

I hope I'm not coming off as rude here. Just matter of fact. I'm just laying out what the village knows, what this information tends to indicate to a runner, and what kind of information the village needs to clear your name...IF your name is clearable.

If you are on the level then help us as we need to be helped.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    Guys with info: I'm cleaning out my inbox again. Please send me whatever you've sussed out last night when possible.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    !FreeAgent, since it's hard to post BBCODE from my Kindle from work, until we hear from him.

Drez on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No Gumpy! I will go on an astral quest to ensure your safe passage. You died doing what's right, man.

piL on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It looks like Drez is trying to piece everything together and I really don't have anything intelligent to add so I'm gonna sit and wait.

the narration made Gumpy look like such a badass. That tickled me. Was very :^:

Doxa on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZ

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kidzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzZZZZZzzzzZZZzzzt

El Skid on
    edited December 2008
    I cannot wait to read both baddie proboards. Still waiting on data and FreeAgent's response as far as the phalla goes.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    Freeagent, as I said you are mine. Why are you mine? Because I am Oyabun Leown, leader and creator of Yakuza SINless Wizworm. We have been since day 1 and we have lost very few. Gumpy and I began as well and without him I shall continue. Only one problem, for you. I am a burnout, addicted to Zen. It is why ALL my votes have been [] not red. I am the one that prevented you from using your power last night. I shall continue to prevent you from using it as long as both of us live and you do not present a valid excuse. How you may ask... Well let me just quote myself.
    Can you give me nuyen for protection?

If I ask, you are stopped. Simple as tha
    t, no chances. You are lonestar, and in my nuetral brother's honor I will remove your stain from the shadows, drek! You were offered enterance into a day one alliance, no strings. You refused (it's stands to note even Darke joined our ranks later) therefore, strike 1. Once the dust settled from role pms you basically fell below the radar posting a minium (as I did due to me post requirements would make me stand out and get voted early when few targets were available) Strike 2. You did not respond to gumpy when we called all good or nuetral specials to report day 6, Strik 3. THEN you tried to use your power on him Day 7, THE VERY NEXT DAY. Strike 4. Now you are calling my allegations unfounded!? die you Lonestar pig! May Gumpy piss on your pathetic soul as you pass him on your way to hell.

EDIT: had to fix a minor BBCode screwup

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    YSINW for life! Elves of the world unite, and put this guy down for good!

!FreeAgent

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited December 2008
    I guess I can tick TNB off my list of suspicious people then. So is that a wrap, FA? Do you want to speed the game up and end it now or do you want to squirm around for the next 12 hours and 20 minutes.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    !FreeAgent indeed.

Exarch on
    edited December 2008
    Wait a second, we should consider something here. Not that this means FreeAgent is okay by any stretch, but...

Gumpy told me just yesterday that he had someone who could protect him. I think it was yesterday at least, I'm pretty sure.

So who was protecting him, and why didn't they protect him last night?

There may be more than just FreeAgent left, unless he has the ability to stop a guard ability or something.

VThornheart on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks like we can end it here.

!FreeAgent.

Dac Vin on
    edited December 2008
    My guess is that the Insects put in a conversion attempt, and Gumpy chose to die rather than be converted, making the noble sacrifice.

Just a guess though, but it makes sense with the narration.

Darian on
    edited December 2008
    Oh, and Freeagent? Time to die.

Darian on
    edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    My guess is that the Insects put in a conversion attempt, and Gumpy chose to die rather than be converted, making the noble sacrifice.

Just a guess though, but it makes sense with the narration.

If that's actually the case mechanically and not just a narration thing, that's 1000x more badass.

Exarch on
    edited December 2008
    Okay, that is a good point, true.

Then, we have to settle this issue of incapacitations == conversions

Crownaxe -> Johnny Law
    Abotkin -> Insect
    Sportsboyjw -> Insect

Egos -> ??? (STILL ALIVE)

And just today...

kuhlmeye -> ??? (STILL ALIVE)

So, can someone tell us if these incapacitations are being done by good guys or bad guys? Because thus far, everyone who's been incapacitated who's later been killed has turned out to either be an insect or a Lawman.

Keep voting for FreeAgent, but I think if we have a vig left, they should take out Egos and kuhlmeye as well given this information. Possibly.

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    Nevermind, I've been informed that we're okay.

VThornheart on
  • CodograzanWardCodograzanWard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Insects have been removed, says the narration, so conversions are not in play I believe.

CodograzanWard on
    edited December 2008
    Aye, we should be okay from that standpoint... unless the lawmen are able to convert.

But I've been told that the incapacitation power has actually been ours all along. So we're doing okay. =)

VThornheart on
  • CodograzanWardCodograzanWard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    whoever does the incapacitation gets a :^: for nailing the baddies very accurately

!FreeAgent because that is some shady shit

CodograzanWard on
    edited December 2008
    Seriously! Everyone, it seems, has been insanely accurate this game. We roll 20's. =)

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    Sorry about not telling you sooner VT, figured if you kept questioning everyone would keep questioning. Strategic move, and I apoligize for not being completly honest with you from the begining.

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Oh no, that's okay!

In truth, though I am a fellow Wizworm, I've not been a very good one. I've kind of forgotten to check our Proboard since... when was that? Probably day 3. =( If I'd been paying attention more, I'd probably be a little more in the loop. I blame a horrible afflication of the Asheron's Call variety. =)

VThornheart on