As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's make a [chat]wich.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    oh yeah by the way my room mate is the new spokesperson for Pricerunner.com

Kusuguttai on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    LaOs wrote:
    But cats are so stupid.
    Cats are independent.
    Cats are dumber than a sack of bricks. The only reason they're "independent" is because they're small enough to find prey in urban areas and they don't run down to the countryside to kill a goat when they get hungry.
    And they're cute, and they bury their poop.

They're soft, they smell good, and they're rarely loud. Their privates don't hang out all over the place, they're affectionate, and easy to care for.

Dogs are almost hilariously dumb.

Don't male cats have a penis? What?

They store it like landing gear.
    They've also armed it with a series of barbs.

electricitylikesme on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    LaOs wrote:
    But cats are so stupid.
    Cats are independent.
    Cats are dumber than a sack of bricks. The only reason they're "independent" is because they're small enough to find prey in urban areas and they don't run down to the countryside to kill a goat when they get hungry.

They're soft, they smell good, and they're rarely loud. Their privates don't hang out all over the place, they're affectionate, and easy to care for.

Don't male cats have a penis? What?

They store it like landing gear.

Interesting.

LaOs on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    But cats are so stupid.
    Cats are independent.

They're significantly less affectionate, less intelligent, less playful, much less loyal, they can barely be trained to shit in a litterbox, they communicate somewhat less effectively, and they haven't had tens of millennia of association with humans to mesh with us. They're a nice animal, and there are many situations where a cat would be a wiser choice for a pet than a dog, but dogs are the superior animal as surely as humans are superior to gibbons.

Edit: And barbed penises? Hooks on the tongue?

Aroused Bull on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Debate over.

P.S. Turn up your sound and you'll catch its adorable mewling.

god, i miss my cats so much now.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh god. It's the PSP ad all over again with the cute factor turned way up.

LaOs on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    zeusandme002.jpg

EDIT: No, I'm not ripping off his ear; I'm petting him.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    I love that picture.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    edited February 2007
    But cats are so stupid.
    Cats are independent.

They're significantly less affectionate, less intelligent, less playful, much less loyal, they can barely be trained to shit in a litterbox, they communicate somewhat less effectively, and they haven't had tens of millennia of association with humans to mesh with us. They're a nice animal, and there are many situations where a cat would be a wiser choice for a pet than a dog, but dogs are the superior animal as surely as humans are superior to gibbons.

They're more affectionate because it actually means something when they're affectionate. Less playful is subjective. I don't consider "fetch" to be playful. It's more of a glitchy, annoying computer program. Cats are superior to dogs as surely as Roosevelt was superior to Hitler.

"Barbed" insofar as the cat will destroy you if you touch them the wrong way.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacks, you have hair!

Thanatos on
    edited February 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg
    I'll see your blackface, and raise you adorable puffy dog.

zeustreat003.jpg

Hacksaw on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg

[dog picture]

Dude, your dog is nice and all, but it can't beat a kitten crawling out of a shoe, mewling pitifully and stumbling around confusedly.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg

zeustreat003.jpg

I will link to sleepykitten.

http://rustyspork.net/files/PA/kitten1.gif

Sheri on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg

zeustreat003.jpg

Dude, your dog is nice and all, but it can't beat a kitten crawling out of a shoe, mewling pitifully and stumbling around confusedly.
    The hell he can't. My dog could kick the shit out of any kitten he came across, cuteness factor irrelevant.

Hacksaw on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dogs are more work, but you also get more activity out of them. You can't really play the same awesome games with a cat like you can with a big fucking husky.

However, cats are less work and are often more amusing than dogs when left to their own devices. You can play with a cat but it is often much more fun to set up situations in which they will independently generate hilarity.

I think the best pet ever, if they could be domesticated, would be a big fucking cat. Except for the fact that they are natural primate predators, and all that. But man, having a lynx or a panther as a pet, if you have a nice country place? That would be awesome.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited February 2007
    Am I the only one who likes cats and dogs?

Thanatos on
    edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacks, you have hair!
    So do you! But most of yours is on your face, I suspect.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    THE SHOE BEATS THE DOG.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote:

I think dogs are really cute but I'm also afraid of them ever since I was chased and bit by one.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacks, you have hair!
    So do you! But most of yours is on your face, I suspect.
    Hey! A lot of it is on my back, too!

:cry:

Thanatos on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Some people have hair on their feet :D So they are cute Hobbits.

edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote:

I think dogs are really cute but I'm also afraid of them ever since I was chased and bit by one.
    zeusandme003.jpg

How could you fear this face, Cass? How could you?

Hacksaw on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg
    [dog picture]

The hell he can't. My dog could kick the shit out of any kitten he came across, cuteness factor irrelevant.

The debate here is cuteness. It is the ONLY relevant factor. And your dog loses to shoe kitten and sleepy kitten.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote:

If a cat bites you, it's that much cuter.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    i can imagine hacksaw in his deep thunderous zeus-voice all baby-talking his dog

Kusuguttai on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg
    [dog picture]

The debate here is cuteness. It is the ONLY relevant factor. And your dog loses to shoe kitten and sleepy kitten.
    Says you. But your avatar is a cat, so I think we all know whom you are biased in favor of.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

zeusandme003.jpg

I probably would not be able to cuddle it like I would a cat.

• ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    that dog looks like it would be one of those high pitched yelpers that never shut up.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited February 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    i can imagine hacksaw in his deep thunderous zeus-voice all baby-talking his dog
    My dog's name is Zeus. Coincidence? I think not!

Hacksaw on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    But cats are so stupid.
    Cats are independent.

They're significantly less affectionate,

This explains our cats body-slamming the doors if we lock them out of a room, one of them that -bites you- if you do not give love, a late cat that was never happy unless you were cuddling with'em so he could drool all over you... whereas we've had dogs that would try to kill you over food, would ignore you to sneak off to find trash despite dog treats and meat scraps...
    less intelligent,

Even the actually mentally-retarded cat next door is smarter than both of our dogs (Purebred lab and a pincher) put together, COMBINED with the dog we had before; though I've had a rather clever dog before.
    less playful,

YOU'RE INSANE

Dogs spend most of their time trying to eat things. Cats will run around in circles after socks for hours on end.
    much less loyal,

I've had a cat come running from half a mile away at my call, mewing to announce itself so I wouldn't close the door. Our dogs, well, we've had to put shock collars on them because they'd just ignore everyone.
    they can barely be trained to shit in a litterbox,

!? You ARE insane.

I've never had a cat that didn't figure this out on their own, and we've had -feral- kittens.
    they communicate somewhat less effectively,

And I'm the queen of Spain.
    and they haven't had tens of millennia of association with humans to mesh with us.

And yet they've adapted quickly enough that even gorillas love them.
    They're a nice animal, and there are many situations where a cat would be a wiser choice for a pet than a dog, but dogs are the superior animal as surely as humans are superior to gibbons.

I think a gibbon would be better equipped to compare the species.

Barbs supposedly stimulate eggs in the female; natural Sadomasochistic reproduction. Pigs have a natural rape-fetish in their paralytic saliva. Dogs ass-rape each other, and anything they can get up on, even cats if they're small enough. Welcome to nature.

Hooks on the tongue are for combing; cats can sure keep sideburns tidy.

Incenjucar on
    edited February 2007
    I think the best pet ever, if they could be domesticated, would be a big fucking cat. Except for the fact that they are natural primate predators, and all that. But man, having a lynx or a panther as a pet, if you have a nice country place? That would be awesome.
    I would still prefer a dog. You've basically taken a wolf, which is similar to a big cat but smaller and smarter, and subjected it to tens of thousands of years of breeding and partnership with humans.
    I don't think I'd want to risk playing with a big cat. They are fucking strong.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg
    [dog picture]

Says you. But your avatar is a cat, so I think we all know whom you are biased in favor of.

Says the dog owner.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

zeusandme003.jpg

I probably would not be able to cuddle it like I would a cat.
    zeustreat002.jpg

He wants to cuddle with you, Cass. See how he looks so hopeful that you'll wrap your arms around him and cuddle him into oblivion?

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote:

My friends get creeped out at how much nicer I am to cats than I am to any human. My voice raises by an octave or so, also.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg
    [dog picture]

Says the dog owner.
    I would've liked to own cats growning up, but my dad is deathly allergic to them. :cry:

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    I would've liked to own cats growning up, but my dad is deathly allergic to them. :cry:

your secret shame.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    interracial.jpg
    [dog picture]

Says the dog owner.
    See, your unnatural nonrecognition of the overbearing cuteness of cats, specifically kittens, stems from childhood trauma.

I think we all know who's REALLy biased here.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    cats all the way.

katie1.jpg

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
This discussion has been closed.