As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2071! (A Shadowrun Phalla) GAME OVER. Runners win!

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    True too.

If the game doesn't end tonight, we'll know there's a purple in our midst I imagine =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Jobastion wrote: »
    I have a feeling we're dealing with two bad guys.

One is a Lonestar. One is a Squibbly/Toob dude.

Is there anything I missed to suggest that the purple faction is completely kaput?

I think DUE's victory was taking out the purple faction. That doesn't leave out the possibility of a muave faction.

Was that clear, though? There may be three people in the PURPLE faction and DUE's victory hinged on finding a specific one of them (or any one of them). Of course, you could be right.

It's not specifically stated in narration that the purple faction was eliminated. However, like Jobastion said, it looks like their deaths allowed DUE to win.

Unless he was only supposed to find the minions, and as VThorn suggested, there is some ringleader still at large. I'm not sure how plausible that is though. And sorry VThorn, I generally try to stray away from Epic Reveals. They leave a bad taste in my mouth.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aww, but you promised something that would ring out the bells of justice or something like that!

Do not go quiet into that good night! Rage, rage against the dying of your evil lawman faction...

... er, I mean the light. =)

<3=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ooh, or maybe the last of the purples was converted, and because it would've spoiled the game mechanic to reveal that the last one was no more?

Eh, either way, we'll see. If the game goes on tonight, the purple hunt is on!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I was really just describing the signs you would see when I actually did make a speech. Not that I would necessarily make a speech at any point.

And not to disappoint, but killing me isn't going to stop the Lonestar threat, though you seem to be quite taken with the idea. I appreciate the poem though, as I myself have used it quite a number of times.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Alright, I'm leaving for work now, so there's not much more I can say to convince you not to vote for me.

I'll go ahead and !vote TrueNeverborn, solely on the basis that he claims to have stopped my ability last night, which is not the case.

However, I'll leave the final decision in your hands, though it appears that most of you have already made up your minds. I've said my piece to those that need to hear it, and that's really all that I can do.

I'll see you after narration, one way, or another.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Alright, I'm leaving for work now, so there's not much more I can say to convince you not to vote for me.

I'll go ahead and !vote TrueNeverborn, solely on the basis that he claims to have stopped my ability last night, which is not the case.

However, I'll leave the final decision in your hands, though it appears that most of you have already made up your minds. I've said my piece to those that need to hear it, and that's really all that I can do.

Hey Drez. Did he actually get around to saying his piece to you?

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

Hey Drez. Did he actually get around to saying his piece to you?

Yes, and he may or may not be lying.

At this point I'm not really interested in a neutral meeting his personal victory conditions so uh I'm willing to let the bullets fall where they may.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh, neutral then?

Do we have any leads on the lawman if he wasn't it?

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm still working that out right now.

Drez on
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok so I found out what was worng with my computer...The mother board crashed on me. The part is on its way and should be up and running on monday. I am currently on a work computer and should be able to semi keep up...

I am sorry for that inconvenience. But I do believe that !free agent should go.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Congratulations, but i have a question.

Who are you? I havent seen you post once.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oooOooOooOOoOOooOoOoOoOOoOoo

He's an elf, they're sneaky like that.

ooOOoOOoOOoOoOOOoOOoOooOooOo

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    dude im an elf, We had our own boards, and I have yet to see this guy do anything

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Congratulations, but i have a question.

Who are you? I havent seen you post once.

So this got me thinking. Post counts. Just how hard would it be to do. By day. Hell no, don't have that much time. If I'd started back when I started, maybe. But now, no. But total posts since the beginning of the game (which is to say, all posts after initial narration), not that hard.

I've added it to the Day 10 sheet in Ver 1.10a, which, swear to god, contains absolutely no key logging software whatsoever. Cause its a spreadsheet. And I'm not that good with hacking the OpenOffice V44.
    Don't get me wrong. If I were a wiz with these decks, I'd totally do that. I'm sure runners have secrets, just like everyone else, and I could probably sell them to someone somewhere. But I can barely pull the Google out of the matrix, much less implement a datalogger via spreadsheet that would bypass even a year 2008 antispyware system, much less the defensive mechanisms of todays cyberware

Funny thing I found while doing it (I started from the bottom). The post counts start 33, 17, 31, 15, 157... WHAT THE... Oh. Drez.

Also, Please, someone explain how Kuhlmeye is still here. 6 posts. Total. In 9 days. (Incapacitated today, so I'll give him that pass) What the hell. What. The. Hell.

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Knock 'em out the box!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !FreeAgent

I forgot if I voted...so whatever, it looks like his fate is sealed. We'll see what happens

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    WELL WHERE IS THE NARRATION MR. J

ITS BEEN LIKE 147 SECONDS ALREADY JESUS

Drez on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    someone's excited

I may sleep...

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mr. J make it stop. Make the pain stop.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    THE PAIN THE PAIN MAKE IT END

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There is an ache in my soul. It craves information. It craves resolution.

Drez on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    skitter skitter

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Raid-FIK-01.jpg
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    [strike]skitter skitter[/strike]

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    All right. I have to admit.
    I am a traitor.
    I've been playing TFtu instead of L4D tonight while waiting for MrJ. I'm sorry L4D. I'll come back to you.
    L4D patch: Fixed exploit of "hugging" the Witch from behind where she can't hit you =
    AHAHAHAHA so many people aren't going to read the patch notes and die
    If you read the first, the second spoiler is not optional. Seriously

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    !Mr. Johnson

Lack of narration is suspicious.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Drez, every time you post and bring the topic up it gets my hopes up that Mr. J just posted and you are reacting.

You are toying with my emotions.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Okay so he checked his PMs at 12:32. And that was his last activity. He is no longer listed as signed-on. He'd better be offline in MS Word or some shit.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I also support this bandwagon, but due to contractual agreements (of which, Drez, you might want to check your contract) I cannot actually participate in. Something in the fine print about killing all of my extended family. Hey, if it was just on my mother-in-laws side, I'd join in a heart beat...
    Just Kidding - Not Married: Status=Single
    Hay Ladies :winky:

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My Facebook relationship statuses:

Single, Dating, Serious Relationships, Random Play, Whatever I Can Get, Whores Welcome, Oh God Someone Just Fuck Me Already

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Single, Dating, Serious Relationships, Random Play, Whatever I Can Get, Whores Welcome, Oh God Someone Just Fuck Me Already

Is all of that your current status, or do you alternate between the group. Or is that like the progression you've gone thru?

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Is all of that your current status, or do you alternate between the group. Or is that like the progression you've gone thru?

All at the same time. It's so I attract the hooker crowd.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    An hour and a half and no narration.

either the game is over or some really, REALLY bad shit just went down.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    skitter skatter

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. JohnsonMr. Johnson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Freeagent held Kuhlmeye's body in his arms. The man had been bleeding for a while, the docwagon too far away to save him now. Freeagent knew this was the end. He had seen it since locus fell. It was confirmed when he go the news of Wildcat and The Dagon. Now he sat in his god-forsaken alley, the last of his comrades bleeding to death in his lap. He had found him while chasing down Vthornheart. The smuggler had used this alley as a shortcut, and ran over kuhlmeye on his way through. Freeagent had a choice. Jail the sonovabitch, or stay with his friend while he died. When kuhlmeye finally stopped breathing, freeagent propped him up against the nearby dumpster, and took his gun. He was the last one of his kind. The last Lonestar agent who had agreed to this suicide mission. They never expected such a severe backlash. Too many cops had died, and not nearly enough scum. Freeagent set out to rectify this situation.
    He drove back to the station, planning out the night's events. This would be his last stand, and he would take down as many of them as he could before he went. He left his badge on the commissioner's desk, and made his way towards the weapons locker. He was lucky that the recent murders had made sure no-one stayed around too late.
    On his way out of the parking lot he saw two men engaged in an obvious drug deal. Without stopping the car Freeagent leveled his shotgun and took the two of them out. Their cries of pain were drowned out as he turned on his siren. Driving past a known nightclub for shadowrunners, he parked his car out front, and chucked a cluster of incendiary grenades through a window. The resulting explosion blew out the other windows, and the door flung off it's hinges, colliding with the patrol car's window. Sitting on the driver side window, freeagent fired on any he saw trying to escape the inferno. He heard a distant whistling noise. looking over his shoulder he saw a small, rocked propelled device heading his way. He dove out of the car, rolling into a nearby alley as the rocket annihilated the car, and as a result set off the extra grenades and ammo contained within.
    Drez cursed under his breath. "Drek, I think he got away."
    He set his launcher down and leapt to the nearby rooftop. "Well, at least this way the bastard suffers."
    Freeagent was suffering. A sizeable chunk of the car door was embedded in his leg. The explosion had knocked him against the brick wall of the building and he was pretty sure his shoulder was dislocated. He didn't have time to fix it, The_Reflection had followed him down the alley and was running at freeagent with his sword drawn. Freeagent dove through the nearest door, praying that it lead somewhere dark and crowded. He couldn't win an out-and-out fight in his current condition, especially against a streetsam.
    Fate was kind to him, for the first time in weeks. It looked like an old office building. The place had been boarded up long ago, stacks of papers and half-packed boxes lining the walls. Freeagent stumbled through the dim light toward a desk in the back.
    Drez had reached the alley he saw the cop dive into. He looked over the rooftop and saw the_Reflecion slink through the door. Drez had an idea, and made his way onto the roof of the old building. The placed looked dubious structurally and he wanted to make use of this fact.
    Back in the building, Freeagent was waiting. The desk could be useful for a little while but sooner or later he would be found. He would rather be killed standing than cowering undera desk. After he gathered his breath, he drew kuhlmeye's gun from his belt. Standing quickly, he fired blindly where he thought he had heard the_reflection last. The room was silent. Freagent stood in the darkness, listening for any indication of success. The_reflection's blade came down, removing Freeagent's dislocated arm entirely. He screamed with pain and rage, whirling around he fired his last shots directly into The_reflection's torso. Freeagent spat in the runner's face, and shoved the shrapnel from his leg into the_reflection's throat. They both collapsed on the ground, bleeding to death.
    The Building began to shake. Drez' estimation of the building's intergrity were too generous, and within minutes the entire structure had collapsed. Drez coughed as he pulled himself out of the wreckage. He limped to the curb, called for his ride, and passed out. This was a good week.

Epilouge
    The convention was a massive success. The media blitz that followed the lonestar crackdown attracted thousands of tourists and potential runners. Renraku obliterated their profit projections, and that winter began construction on a massive convention center to house next year's convention. They did have to think of another way to get that much attention next time. They had heard about a minor insect incursion during the heatwave and committed millions of nuyen to reasearching these strange spirits.

RUNNER VICTORY!

No PM's will be sent out. The game is over. Commence the celebration/lamenting! A Massive thank you goes out to Infidel and MrBlarney. I hope you all had fun, and I'll try to make the next game better. Thanks for putting up with delays in narration and PMs.

Mr. Johnson on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Lonestar is lame for jailing me.

You needed the bugs if you were gonnnnnnna wiiiiiiiin.

Edit: Bug Proboards

It's still locked, but TehSpectre/spectre should work.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yay!

edit: Thanks Mr. J - great game!

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So I guess I worried a lot for nothing. I was PMing like made from my Kindle today. I thought I was going to get fired.

DA: The big question, were you fucking with me? Ahava says she also guarded me. Were you a convert or did you play me for a bitch all game?

Drez on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DAMN YOU DARKEWOLFE!! DAMN YOU!!!

*mutter grumble mutter grumble MUTTER!*

Ahwell...

I helped keep Drez alive......

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate everyone who voted me out. rawr

M.D. on