As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2071! (A Shadowrun Phalla) GAME OVER. Runners win!

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would also like to point out that EBM acted like a douche.

Grow up plox.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I would also like to point out that EBM acted like a douche.

Grow up plox.

and this is new how?

lonelyahava on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre/Spectre doesn't seem to work

edit: Lowercase "spectre" works

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited December 2008
    Eh, must be case sensitive.

TehSpectre/spectre

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    HOORAY! We won!
    BOO! I died at the end!!!

On the plus side I think I had the greatest kill number on bad dudes at like 4

The_Reflection on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Congrats to the runners.

Are roles being posted tonight?

durax on
    edited December 2008
    OH! On the EBM thing...

I killed him on Day one on a pure hunch, you can all ask VT i talked to him about it.

After EBM's tirade about someone doing out of spite, I contacted him and told him I did, and it wasn't personal as I really have never had any interaction with him, he just responded back that that was bullshit.

So, I don't know what to say, but EBM was not grudge killed.

The_Reflection on
    edited December 2008
    I had no powers.

=/

Edit: Don't worry about it, TR. Phalla has a way of driving people mad.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Sorry I was a dick early in the game.

Also it seems Ahava and DA *both* guarded me on Day 2.

Drez on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like how my team was irrevocably fucked by the beginning of day two.

Elendil on
    edited December 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Sorry I was a dick
    scanners4.gif

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Interesting game, I loved my role. An action seer, super powered with a chance of killing myself. Good times.

Looking at the bug board, it seems they had a bunch of defensive abilities and good numbers, I'll be interested to hear what exactly Gumpy had going that got us so many accurate kills.

Edit: lol spectre!

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
    edited December 2008
    Man, I was serious about killing Gumpy.

The village should never trust a neutral. Ever.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Mr. JohnsonMr. Johnson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't know how Blarney's proboard works, but that's what I used to store all the role Pms. I'll set those up as soon as posible. oh and action order was vote->powers->attacks->Info scouring

Mr. Johnson on
    edited December 2008
    Constructive criticism: The bugs should have gotten a reliable kill from day 1.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fuck you all, you sumabitches. :D

My role:
    A Burnout! Addicted to one thing or another, you are constantly looking for your next fix. Once a day you may target another player, trying to hit them up for some nuyen or just a straight fix. This distraction renders them useless, effectively roleblocking them. This ability can only be used if you satisfy your post restrictions. Your win condition is to survive until the end.

You are addicted to...
    Personafix!These little beauties plug right into your own personal datajack. When activated you become someone else, in every sense of the word. All your feelings, thoughts, and sensations are percieved as though you actually were that person.You must act as though you are someone famous. (Abe lincoln, hannibal lecter, the pope etc...) just let me know who you are going to be for the day. Yes it does need to be a different person each day.

I was Michael Jackson, Eric Cartman, Jesus, Homer Simpson. I looked up quotes when I could. I wanted to help the village, but noooooo.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This was indeed very fun. First phalla where I was a seer.

Inquisitor on
    edited December 2008
    I was a Street Samurai, just another vig. But I was a SECRET VIG. I didn't really tell anyone for the first 4 days except for VT and Gumpy.

The_Reflection on
    edited December 2008
    I was a Street Samurai, just another vig. But I was a SECRET VIG. I didn't really tell anyone for the first 4 days except for VT and Gumpy.

Yeah, me neither. I didn't tell anyo-

Wait, no, I told everyone.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    My role:
    The Shadowrunners! (or runners for short). You and your fellow runners perform a vital service to society. Balancing the power of the corporations through various acts of sabotage and murder under temporary employ by other corporations. These acts are commonly referred to as 'runs'. A notoriously fickle lot, no runner is crazy or stupid enough to die for a corporation(at least not on purpose) and if a better opportunity presents itself, it is snatched immediately. Known by their employers as deniable assets, the very existence of runners is refuted outright by the major corporations. Your objective is to survive this heatwave(cranking up of Lonestar activity). As well as any other threats which might present themselves. Remember, trust no-one.

you are...
    A Street Samurai! The only similarity between yourself and the samurai of old is you both are excellent killers. With almost more cyber-limbs than real ones, wired reflexes and an array of smartlinked weapons you are a one man army. You are the vigilante, allowing you one kill each night. Be careful though, you wouldn't want the wrong person to be looking over your shoulder when you do what you do best. In the wireless world of 2070, someone is ALWAYS watching

Drez on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wasn't even lying about my role.

Except for the "evil" thing.

Elendil on
    edited December 2008
    Group PM wrote:
    The Hivemind! Willing or not, all will serve the hivemind in the end. Whether you are a lowly pathetic thrall or a glorious shaman, your victory condition is the same: Outnumber both the runners and Lonestar.
    Role PM wrote:
    An Insect Minion! A willing slave to the hivemind, you lack any powers of your own. However, you should do all you can to assist your shaman leader.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think I killed the most runners?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Stuff should be open at Program Headquarters. Looks like they didn't get used to quite the potential I hoped (daily actions don't seem to be reported there...), but I guess it's got some stuff there. Wasn't really tracking the game, so don't ask me about anything regarding it.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BTW - I so want to kick Inquisitor in the dick in the next game.

You bastard.

Gumpy, much love.

Toxic Toys on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man.. I deleted my role pm when i died.

i never do that normally

other than my inbox was so damned full.....

yeah, I was a doc wagon.

A guard.

I didn't do anything night one cause my net died due to weather (STUPID Darkewolfe!!! Grudgggeeeddddd)

Night two I guarded Drez
    Night three, I don't remember if that was the night I put in a guard order on Gumpy and got killed, or if that was Night Four.

I died way too early.

that sucks.

and i'm so passing out now.

night

lonelyahava on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

My role:
    A Burnout! Addicted to one thing or another, you are constantly looking for your next fix. Once a day you may target another player, trying to hit them up for some nuyen or just a straight fix. This distraction renders them useless, effectively roleblocking them. This ability can only be used if you satisfy your post restrictions. Your win condition is to survive until the end.

You are addicted to...
    Personafix!These little beauties plug right into your own personal datajack. When activated you become someone else, in every sense of the word. All your feelings, thoughts, and sensations are percieved as though you actually were that person.You must act as though you are someone famous. (Abe lincoln, hannibal lecter, the pope etc...) just let me know who you are going to be for the day. Yes it does need to be a different person each day.

I was Michael Jackson, Eric Cartman, Jesus, Homer Simpson. I looked up quotes when I could. I wanted to help the village, but noooooo.

Ehhehehehe... sorry?

It's funny, gumpy's group was thinking about killing you. Then I was like "Toxic Toy's I bet ur bad lolz". And they were like... man, that Jobastion's suspicious, but WOOWOO bandwagon!! I find this out 2 days later, of course. I felt really bad that night.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited December 2008
    By the way, I was never networked. In fact, I told Frosteey to fuck off around Day 6 just because he was pissing me off (not because I suspected him). [Which I regretted afterward.]

I was kind of an asshole in this game. I'm suprised I lasted through the game.

Drez on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am the greatest non-seer ever.

I guessed 3 people and everyone joined my bandwagon.

Good thing it was 3 bad guys.

Glad my omni Phalla powers worked.

precisionk on
    edited December 2008
    Jobastion wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

My role:

You are addicted to...

Ehhehehehe... sorry?

It's funny, gumpy's group was thinking about killing you. Then I was like "Toxic Toy's I bet ur bad lolz". And they were like... man, that Jobastion's suspicious, but WOOWOO bandwagon!! I find this out 2 days later, of course. I felt really bad that night.
    Day one - Shamon. I thought that was MJ's catch phrase.
    Day two - Screw you guys, I'm going home. If you didn't catch it, Rent some DVDs.
    Day three - I was all bible speak in my posts, every one else caught on.
    Day four - Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them, gone bowling with them, watched them pass me over for promotions time and again. And I say... This stinks! - I loved that quote.

God Damn Fucking Edits - Gumpy gave me the heads up, but I saw the bandwagon rolling and said fuck it. I tried my best to prove I was helping in thread, but it wasn't enough. That's why I didn't vote the night I died. If I was going to die I wasn't going to help any side.

Toxic Toys on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    you are...
    A Cybermancer! Occasionally, a street samurai or other cyberware junkie will take things too far. Becoming more man than machine they lose their ability to function independently, their mind and soul corrupted to the point of uselessness. That's where you come in to "assist" them. Using your magical powers to trap their soul in their body, you allow them to continue functioning at the minor cost of being your personal slave. Each night you get a kill. Sadly, cyberzombies are not the most subtle of creatures and there is a good chance the bastard will get you in trouble. Keep him dormant though and there is a chance you'll lose control of him entirely.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited December 2008
    precisionk wrote: »
    I am the greatest non-seer ever.

I guessed 3 people and everyone joined my bandwagon.

Good thing it was 3 bad guys.

Glad my omni Phalla powers worked.

That was some serious voodoo.

Exarch on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A Spec Ops! You excel at BnE, tactical subterfuge, and outright kidnapping. When the Johnson needs something done and needs it done quietly you're the one to call. Not much in an out-and-out fight, you're better at gathering information. Each night you may target another player. You will see what actions your target performed that night
    Caught the Dagon screwing Drez.
    Caught Maximus claiming my power for his own, and sent a little PM to Gumpy to restart that village bandwagon... I knew that for him to figure out what exactly the Inq was, Maximus would have had to have the Spec Op power. Didn't think another class had that ability. (Didn't know what the hacker power was. It was close, but Maximus couldn't have used it to find out if Inq was a seer, just who Inq targeted.)

Also saw DA driving around... but... huh? huh? Had no idea what that power was.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy gets a giant crapping on... He was all "We have an alliance," then bandwagoned me while Incapacitated.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy saw every action anyone took against him. I was a guard.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy gets a giant crapping on... He was all "We have an alliance," then bandwagoned me while Incapacitated.
    Never trust a neutral.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Neutrals can screw you over sure, but with proper segregation of information there's no reason you can't work with them.

Exarch on
    edited December 2008
    Exarch wrote: »
    Neutrals can screw you over sure, but with proper segregation of information there's no reason you can't work with them.
    Incorrect!

Also, constructive criticism part 2: Waaaay too many seer types.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Jobastion wrote: »
    A Spec Ops! You excel at BnE, tactical subterfuge, and outright kidnapping. When the Johnson needs something done and needs it done quietly you're the one to call. Not much in an out-and-out fight, you're better at gathering information. Each night you may target another player. You will see what actions your target performed that night
    Caught the Dagon screwing Drez.
    Caught Maximus claiming my power for his own, and sent a little PM to Gumpy to restart that village bandwagon... I knew that for him to figure out what exactly the Inq was, Maximus would have had to have the Spec Op power. Didn't think another class had that ability. (Didn't know what the hacker power was. It was close, but Maximus couldn't have used it to find out if Inq was a seer, just who Inq targeted.)

Also saw DA driving around... but... huh? huh? Had no idea what that power was.

DA was an anti-lonestar guard. Smuggler I assume.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Exarch wrote: »
    Correct!

Also, constructive criticism part 2: Waaaay too many seer types.

Fixed.

Yeah, seemed like the village had a ton of information quickly, made lots of loose networks form pretty fast.

Exarch on