As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Atlantica Online]: MMOTBS done perfectly.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Macen wrote: »
    Im sure this question has been answered, but. I'm currently at work and can't go to the site to check the download size. I know it says in OP the game is 10g (but im assuming that is installed). If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it!
    The download size is roughly 2 gigs

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    2.06GB and after that a whole lot of patches you also have to download.

*edit: beat'd

Aldo on
  • MacenMacen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alright, thanks guys. I'm in Iraq, so download is between 5.0 and 15.0 kb/s. Takes a while. :)

Macen on
    edited November 2008
    Alright, thanks guys. I'm in Iraq, so download is between 5.0 and 15.0 kb/s. Takes a while. :)
    I can't guarantee you're going to enjoy the game on such a shitty connection. :?

Aldo on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    I can't guarantee you're going to enjoy the game on such a shitty connection. :?
    That *should* be enough bandwidth..in theory. But the main factor would be latency...on the bright side I have no problem playing with a ping that varies from 600-1100 D: (woo go satellite)

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited November 2008
    That *should* be enough bandwidth..in theory. But the main factor would be latency...on the bright side I have no problem playing with a ping that varies from 600-1100 D: (woo go satellite)
    Combat wouldn't be too bad due to TBS, but moving around the map might be even worse.

Aldo on
  • MacenMacen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Combat wouldn't be too bad due to TBS, but moving around the map might be even worse.

My buddies play WoW (they say its at about a 1200-1800 ping) and I can play WAR without TOO many issues.

Macen on
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I just finished downloading and I am gonna install this. I've been looking for an MMO, and I loved FFXI because of the atmosphere, and I have a feeling this will give an awesome atmosphere too. I'm hoping to join the guild, if you guys are cool with it, but mostly, are any of you low level (1!) or such and would want to group a bit with me this weekend. Not sure how much play time I'll have, I have to start a term paper, but the semester is almost over = more play time soon!

Topia on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Long distance grouping can be done from anywhere and with any level gap and it helps level you faster especially at low levels.

For the most part you should be able to solo easily up until the first time you go into the bad part of the Shadow dungeon. At that point a lot of the guys in the guild will be more than happy to come back and help you out if you require it.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alright, that's awesome, thanks. Who would I contact originally to get in? The OP?

Topia on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Whismur for sure if he's on, not 100% sure who else has inviting powers. Frosteey maybe? He's on a lot in any case.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    edited November 2008
    Please read the OP, you can look up the guild in the guild listing and don't need to send any tells and whatnot.

Aldo on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I finally saw untranslated Korean in the game! I knew the translation couldn't be 100%! It just took 3 weeks of heavy playing to run into it. :P If you store a merc, and then click Details in the Merc Room screen with a merc selected (which you wouldn't normally do unless you couldn't remember what gear/inventory you stored with the merc), you'll see Korean text for the item slot names.

Seriously though, it's a testament to how good the translation is. They were pretty damn thorough.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • NewblarNewblar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just started playing and the game is pretty fun.

I just put in a request to join the guild, so hopefully it will get approved soon so I can get some partying xping done, people seem to not really like partying in this game even though its free xp and you loose nothing :(

Name is Newblar. Level 20 Axeman.

Newblar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nialscorvanialscorva Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just started as Nials. Sending guild request thingy soon.

nialscorva on
    edited November 2008
    Newblar wrote: »
    I just started playing and the game is pretty fun.

I just put in a request to join the guild, so hopefully it will get approved soon so I can get some partying xping done, people seem to not really like partying in this game even though its free xp and you loose nothing :(

Name is Newblar. Level 20 Axeman.
    Peer chat only allows you to talk to people who are of your level plus and minus 1, chances are kids between 19 and 21 have no idea how the game works. At my level (39) I see a lot of folks asking for long distance parties, so I guess they're learning.

Aldo on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have abandoned you guys, Just been a complicated week. I'll be back into atlantica shortly, feel free to kick me tho if you need room in the guild.

Buttcleft on
  • MithMith Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This patch is taking forever to download. Wish they had it hosted off-site somewhere.

Mith on
    edited December 2008
    No patch notes that I can find, either.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited December 2008
    I can't find any either. :(

Aldo on
    edited December 2008

Reading up on this a bit, it sounds like this was a "preload" of patched files for a future, large update. They say on their site "please note that there will be additional patches made to the game over the next few weeks, as new content is being prepared to be added." So possibly nothing has changed -- I haven't noticed anything.

Oh, and a new event was just announced:
    Every Saturday and Sunday this month, players at Level 20 or greater will receive a bagful of bonuses, just for being online at the right time. Here’s what the Atlantica Santa has on his list for you (all times are Pacific Standard Time):

Items

10 a.m. 2 Giant Crystals
    11 a.m. 5 Scrolls of Judgement
    12 p.m. 2 Dragon Crystals
    1 p.m. 5 Scrolls of Resurrection
    2 p.m. 2 Phoenix Crystals
    3 p.m. 2 Scrolls of Bewitching
    4 p.m. 2 Redemption Crystals
    5 p.m. 5 Scrolls of Lifes Blessing
    6 p.m. 2 Ashen Crystals
    7 p.m. 5 Ambrosia

Please note: Only players level 20 and above will receive items. All scrolls and Ambrosia are non-tradable, while crystals can be exchanged.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• tgbobtgbob Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yay, more leave my computer on days.

tgbob on
  • The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Does this work on Mac?

The Everyman on
    edited December 2008

There were some NPC skin changes, but the majority of it was data files for North America like they had in the beta(possibly Australia too).

As a poster above me mentioned its more of a preparation patch, so they haven't put any patch notes up because it hasn't actually changed anything live yet. It was a pretty huge patch that took anywhere from 2-6 hours for most people to download so it was probably a good idea that they're splitting them up a bit.

Newblar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I downloaded the game, tried it a little. I like it... however I couldn't find the FancyLads listed on the guild ads on Thebes, I'll try again for that tomorrow.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited December 2008
    You can also whisper/send mail to Flecko, Frosteey, or Whismur for a guild invite. I think I can make 2 more people officers if there are other folks who are on all day/nightish.

tgbob on
    edited December 2008
    What happens when Harsh gets his hands on a few hundred cheap Modern Book Boxes? Inventory madness!

Atlantica_20081206_bookinventory.jpg

I resisted the urge to make a rainbow.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

edited December 2008
    Make a rainbow!

--

I'm just starting up LOTRO, so I'll be online even less than before.

Aldo on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy crap, is that thirteen concentration books?

Frosteey on
    edited December 2008
    Make a rainbow!

Don't tempt me into OCD behavior Aldo!
    Atlantica_20081206_bookinventory2.jpg
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Holy crap, is that thirteen concentration books?

Maaaaybe. :P Massive price variation on those in the market. Your prophet need any?

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

edited December 2008
    Eh, I'll just get my own whenever I manage to get a Prophet. Probably won't be playing overly much for at least a little while.

Frosteey on
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So what's the word on us getting our own town? is 6000+ guild points anywhere in the range of a competitive bid?

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Just put up a bid and see where it goes. At worst, we're out one or two thousand guild points, which we're not really using anyway.

Frosteey on
    edited December 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    I downloaded the game, tried it a little. I like it... however I couldn't find the FancyLads listed on the guild ads on Thebes, I'll try again for that tomorrow.

The numbers of guilds in guild advertisement always changes. Just go into a town and check the guild office, its listed as number 58. You can send a request for an invite from there too, but Im still waiting on mine from last week :(
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Just put up a bid and see where it goes. At worst, we're out one or two thousand guild points, which we're not really using anyway.

You might want to wait till they open up NA. There will be towns up for grabs in NA and I'm sure some of the guilds that own the current towns will probably leave for a new town or put up less of a fight for them.

Newblar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Newblar wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

The numbers of guilds in guild advertisement always changes. Just go into a town and check the guild office, its listed as number 58. You can send a request for an invite from there too, but Im still waiting on mine from last week :(

Resubmit or find someone ingame, I'm not seeing any pending applications atm

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    I've gotten the message that there were guild apps, but they always mysteriously vanish. Maybe they disappear if you log off?

tgbob on
    edited December 2008
    hmm another noteless patch, seems something big is coming. Hopefully the addition of North america along with the 120 level cap, which means spartan and sailor

Also hoping they give us the Rainmaker which is supposedly a B-rank merc given out through an event and not just restricted to higher levels
    5931228318143ld7.jpg

Her skill is basically the same as Exorcist's mana seal except it seals the magic of melee mercs. IMO a huge game changer if it's widely available, no more worrying about mass flame swords, freezing axe or lightning spears as much. And since she's a staff user whoever gets to use exo first basically gets a free round to stomp the opponent if both people have rainmakers

edit: and fuck you patch! kept me from the 9pm round of betting!!!

edit2: Crab and I matching
    crabyw6.gif

no I don't have a quest in 'Crab's Crotch™'

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moscow was up for Bid this week and the Bids I saw were all 40k+, 8k not gonna cut it.

Who-Psyd on
    edited December 2008
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Moscow was up for Bid this week and the Bids I saw were all 40k+, 8k not gonna cut it.

Moscow's a main hub city like Beijing or Bucharest, the cities directly adjacent to quest areas always have tons of traffic and will have much higher demand

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Christmas content

christmas16fw9.jpg

yes

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png