As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]Death Kniggits: Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

1626364656668»

• IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Death Strike glyph is pretty good. I'm still using it at 80 and the healing is still pretty good. The minor's I think are better.

IvanIssacs on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Maybe it's just me but there just seems to be too many DK's out there. I knew they'd be a popular class because of the style/newness/supposed opness but this is getting a bit ridiculous. On my server even northrend is fairly cluttered with a really large number of DK's. At this point I'm almost wondering if I should just level a different toon so that I won't have to compete for gear with all the other DK's and so that I can disassociate myself with the large number of retards playing the class.

So is anyone else noticing just a bit too many DK's?

Zerokku on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's a well designed class that's a lot of fun to play.. why shouldn't a bunch of people be playing it? :)

xzzy on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Most people will end up going back to their old mains anyway, on my server there's a huge difference in the number of DK's in Hellfire compared to Zang.

815165 on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EWom wrote: »
    How about taking the points out of Blood,
    and putting them into Unholy ?

Would that work, if not for raids, but for 5mans? I'd really rather go into Unholy for trivial things like Pale Horse, that improve my game play experience, than the tanking boosts in Blood.

Not having blade barrier is a border line sin for tanking.

TheGerbil on
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    How about taking the points out of Blood,
    and putting them into Unholy ?

Would that work, if not for raids, but for 5mans? I'd really rather go into Unholy for trivial things like Pale Horse, that improve my game play experience, than the tanking boosts in Blood.

Not having blade barrier is a border line sin for tanking.

Ok, [url=http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=0050000000000000000000000003250505130032110301205101300035200005120100000000000000000
    ]hmm how about this?[/url]

I got the blade barrier, but kept Pale Horse, and the other "fun" Unholy things.
    815165 wrote: »
    Most people will end up going back to their old mains anyway, on my server there's a huge difference in the number of DK's in Hellfire compared to Zang.

My main was a piece of shit, here's a glimpse into what my main played like
    Soulstone -> Soul well -> Curse of Doom/Ele -> Shadowbolt x infinity

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm looking at switching to a more Tank focused build now that I dinged 80 and I'm gonna be running lots of instances and Heroics and what not.

What you guys think of this?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jbEZ0xZfgGh0bkMeoossut

shryke on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why go that far out of your way to keep on a pale horse? Especially when bladed armor, tundra stalker and acclimation are all awesome talents? Moving fast is cool and all, but it's not that cool.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DW Tanking is something I want to make work and I was thinking of doing something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZGxethczo0RZbgr0xcoxx0R0o

Of course, losing out on the Blood talents is a fair weakness, but would having both Bone Armor and Howling Blast make up for it?

Nova_C on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Why go that far out of your way to keep on a pale horse? Especially when bladed armor, tundra stalker and acclimation are all awesome talents? Moving fast is cool and all, but it's not that cool.

Try and plug the talents in while skipping On A Pale Horse. You'll find you'd have to replace it with something in the first few tiers, since you need at least one of those 2 points in SOMETHING to get to Magic Suppression. And I've got 1 point floating around and I've found the reduction on stuns is more useful then a 10% heal once a minute or something of the sort.

Unholy is annoyingly top heavy. Wandering Plague, SS and Ebon Plague are all in the same tier unfortunately.

Also, I'm not anywhere close to getting Acclimation or Tundra Stalker and I've got Bladed armor.

shryke on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wish people did quit their DKs in TBC. Not the case on my server. Already seeing the 'LFM for <whatever>, full on DKs.' That's for both groups and guilds.

It sucks even more when grouping since not only are there a ton of DKs, there are a ton of people playing warriors now and of course ret paladins everywhere. I've done multiple instances where the entire group was plate. Try getting any loot with that shit.

If it weren't for the "ugh" factor of leveling another character to 80 yet again I'd probably level one of my non-plate 70s. The DK is fun and all but it's quickly becoming (became) the TBC-rogue of WotLK.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    I wish people did quit their DKs in TBC. Not the case on my server. Already seeing the 'LFM for <whatever>, full on DKs.' That's for both groups and guilds.

It sucks even more when grouping since not only are there a ton of DKs, there are a ton of people playing warriors now and of course ret paladins everywhere. I've done multiple instances where the entire group was plate. Try getting any loot with that shit.

If it weren't for the "ugh" factor of leveling another character to 80 yet again I'd probably level one of my non-plate 70s. The DK is fun and all but it's quickly becoming (became) the TBC-rogue of WotLK.

Make the groups yourself and just dont invite other plate wearers. Problem solved. Not like it matters much. Blizz put so much fucking retarded spell power palte int he game when just about every damn pally switched to ret. Can't believe how much shit plate is out there with spell power on it when its the least used in item in the game.

KVW on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    DW Tanking is something I want to make work and I was thinking of doing something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZGxethczo0RZbgr0xcoxx0R0o

Of course, losing out on the Blood talents is a fair weakness, but would having both Bone Armor and Howling Blast make up for it?

I would say something more like this
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0xZhgxzIcz0uRZfgbc0foMx0R

You dont need imp death grip if you have the extended range on icy touch. Rime is a key part of howling blast which also lets you use death and decay more often. Blade Barrier is easily the best 5 point talent for tanking inthe game in my mind. Unholy aura really isn't something you need, but I figured you would want it. Personally I would take those 2 points and put them into Butchery. Although I did just notice I didn't pick up Bone Shield in my build...hm. I just don't care to much for unholy tanking so ignore me :)

I also just noted I quoted the wrong person...so.

Eat some Pie today.

Wait, I did quote the right person. DW Tanking is an evil thing. For it to be effective it seems like you would have to stack +hit over some other tanking stats.

projectmayhem on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    New thread up ins.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
This discussion has been closed.