As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2071! (A Shadowrun Phalla) GAME OVER. Runners win!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy saw every action anyone took against him. I was a guard.

What was it you told Krata that made him think I wasn't a vigilante?

Also, why the hell didn't Gumpy or Exarch see my Day 1 action? Was I blocked on Day 1?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Drez wrote: »

Also, why the hell didn't Gumpy or Exarch see my Day 1 action? Was I blocked on Day 1?

I'd like to know this too. I was suspicious of you because of this strange omission. I spread the (apparently false) information around a bit to people I had already reached out to, I don't recall Krata being one of them though.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sorry I was a dick early in the game.

Also it seems Ahava and DA *both* guarded me on Day 2.

It was fun!

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

All I told Krata was that you weren't on the list of people who took action against Gumpy. Darkewolfe had targeted him too and was mentioned. I have no idea why you didn't show up.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited December 2008
    Exarch wrote: »

I'd like to know this too. I was suspicious of you because of this strange omission. I spread the (apparently false) information around a bit to people I had already reached out to, I don't recall Krata being one of them though.

Well, Krata said that he received info from TheLawinator that I wasn't the vig while he was scrambling for life. I assumed it was spin. However if you look at the insect board, Krata apparently really did think I wasn't the vig and really because of something TheLawinator told him.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    That explains it. I'd talked to Law, the info got around to the bugs.

Exarch on
    edited December 2008

All I told Krata was that you weren't on the list of people who took action against Gumpy. Darkewolfe had targeted him too and was mentioned. I have no idea why you didn't show up.

Well, hey, that's cool. Now I understand why nobody trusted me for most of the game, until it didn't really matter anymore. I really didn't even know there WAS a network. I was suspicious of everybody and I was trying to piece together what I found out on my own. Despite that I think I was able to piece together quite a few things by the end.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    Who killed me by the way?

Edit: Had a run in with a robot or something...

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited December 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Sorry I was a dick early in the game.

Also it seems Ahava and DA *both* guarded me on Day 2.

It was fun!

Aye, it was.

Drez on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Neutrals [strike]can[/strike] will screw you over sure, and [strike]but with proper segregation of information[/strike] there's no reason you can[strike]'t[/strike] work with them.

Fixed for the bad guys.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Who killed me by the way?

Edit: Had a run in with a robot or something...

DarkeWolfe and his cyberzombie

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Neutrals can screw you over sure, but with proper segregation of information there's no reason you can't work with them.
    Incorrect!

I agree with that. Neutrals are just that, they can win with who ever. If the village want to kill them, then they will side with mafia. If the villages accepts them, they can help the village.

But it still does depend with the player in the neutral role.

Myself, I would screw over both the mafia and village if I could. :D

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited December 2008
    Shamus is still the best neutral. "Hi Drez. I guess you're Sabbat? Here's a list of village specials including all four guardians and both seers."

Gumpy did an excellent job this game, though.

(Or was that four seers and two guardians...I can't recall anymore. Point stands, though.)

Drez on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shamus is still the best neutral. "Hi Drez. I guess you're Sabbat? Here's a list of village specials including all four guardians and both seers."

Maaan, he only got away with that because I died and the person I gave all my info to was new.

Yes Grundl, I still blame you.

Best day 1 plan ever.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Anyway, night all.

Drez on
    edited December 2008

Maaan, he only got away with that because I died and the person I gave all my info to was new.

Best day 1 plan ever.

Oh yes.

Didn't I effectively get you killed? Or was that DA? I think we double-teamed you.

Drez on
    edited December 2008

Best day 1 plan ever.

Oh yes.

Didn't I effectively get you killed? Or was that DA? I think we double-teamed you.
    There were a few factors.

The village being retarded was a big one.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008

Best day 1 plan ever.

Oh yes.

There were a few factors.

The village being retarded was one of them.

Well. Yes. Hilarious game though. Fucking Mount Pilu.

Drez on
    edited December 2008
    I only tried to defend grumpy day two because it was obvious he was a neutral.
    Neutral protection for ever!

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited December 2008
    Neutral contacts network head > Network head gives neutral orders > village doesn't vote/vig neutral > neutral win.

If you're not a true neutral and more of the serial killer type, it's still beneficial to the village, and the end would come swiftly when the mafia is eliminated and the game mysteriously doesn't end. It's a keep your enemies close but not too close situation.

I'd say the mafia has more to lose working with neutrals, because even one name is a huge loss, so safe contact is hard to establish. The Inconnu worked quite well with the Sabbat in the last V:TM game, we didn't even realize they were the Sabbat till very late. Would have been a neutral win there but there was some crossfire from the Anarchs.

Exarch on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey, good game everybody. Awesome narration Zellpher, couldn't have asked for better.

I want to be clear. I was so irritated that I kept targeting insects with the Lonestar jail. Spectre, DA, El Skid. It was like I couldn't miss them. If only I hadn't thought DA was part of the network, I wouldn't have Black IC'ed (it was real Drez, but also one of our powers) Gumpy.

Of course, my companions were already dropping like flies, but who knows. Excellent times though. Would definitely Lonestar again.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Then there exists a bit of trust which can be abused.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Hey, good game everybody. Awesome narration Zellpher, couldn't have asked for better.

I want to be clear. I was so irritated that I kept targeting insects with the Lonestar jail. Spectre, DA, El Skid. It was like I couldn't miss them. If only I hadn't thought DA was part of the network, I wouldn't have Black IC'ed (it was real Drez, but also one of our powers) Gumpy.

Of course, my companions were already dropping like flies, but who knows. Excellent times though. Would definitely Lonestar again.
    Comeon!

If I live past day 4, I'm evil, right?

Should have known I was a bug!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008

Comeon!

If I live past day 4, I'm evil, right?

Should have known I was a bug!

Exactly. I was sitting there, staring at the last few minutes ticking by on Day 4, and I just think to myself, "Man, Spectre seems really suspicious right now. Maybe he's teamed up with Gumpy."

But no. You have to go and be a damn bug.

Sure, I needed to kill you eventually. But why so quickly?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Also, I can't unlock the boards, but here are the headquarters of Lonestar.

Username - freeagent
    Password - phalla

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did I win?

I think I won!

This is the best Phalla I ever played. It is the only Phalla I ever played, but that's not the point. Great job Zell, and everyone else involved in making this worked. This makes me want to play more Phallas, so I guess that means it worked. It was fun everyone!

piL on
    edited December 2008

Username - freeagent
    Password - phalla
    Ahah, Locus wanted me jailed on day 1?

That would've been no fun.

Edit: You suspected me because I was rallying against a neutral? Really? I am always super outspoken against neutrals. Every. Game.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008

Username - freeagent
    Password - phalla
    Ahah, Locus wanted me jailed on day 1?

That would've been no fun.

I was really surprised when I showed up that night. I hadn't been able to get on the boards, since Wildcat wasn't around to activate. So Locus and I are talking about the night's targets, and all of a sudden we were targeting a bunch of vets.

I felt bad for Ardor. I mentioned that if all the high profile names just died off, the ones that ended up remaining would probably draw some heat, but when only one died, it seemed fine.

It's not because you were against the neutral (which is fine, I agree with that stance completely), it's the manner in which you went about it. All in the wording.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did we won this? I guess we won this.
    you are...
    A Hacker! With your host of self-created programs and nearly unrivaled knowledge of the matrix, you are essential to almost any run. Everything from a commlink on the street to a corporate bank server is your plaything. You leave the fighting to the awakened or the gunners, preferring to deal in information and paydata(files worth money to the right buyer). Once a night, you may target another player to see what they've been up to. Using this skill allows you to see who your target targeted, but not what they did exactly. Be careful though, between Black IC's and unfriendly hackers, the matrix is a dangerous place to be in for too long.

Worst seering ever, like not helpful for squat :P

Dac Vin on
    edited December 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Did we won this? I guess we won this.
    you are...
    A Hacker! With your host of self-created programs and nearly unrivaled knowledge of the matrix, you are essential to almost any run. Everything from a commlink on the street to a corporate bank server is your plaything. You leave the fighting to the awakened or the gunners, preferring to deal in information and paydata(files worth money to the right buyer). Once a night, you may target another player to see what they've been up to. Using this skill allows you to see who your target targeted, but not what they did exactly. Be careful though, between Black IC's and unfriendly hackers, the matrix is a dangerous place to be in for too long.

Worst seering ever, like not helpful for squat :P

I like target seers myself. At least you didn't have a 20% chance of dying if you used your ability.

Exarch on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lol good job Runners!!!

you are...

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cool, glad to see people had fun. So I got the bugs needed a kill, but if anyone else has things or ideas for stuff I could do better, please let me know. Thank you all for playing!

Zellpher on
    edited December 2008
    It was a lot of fun, Thank you Zellpher, this was my first big Phalla game, and it was a blast

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I enjoyed this game

Yes I died with one day left on the clock until victory (We knew freeagent was the last evil) and I died when betrayed by the insect hive (In which I promised not to hunt if they didn't hunt me, but they renegaded on that promise out of spite because I was incredibly awesome I will grudge sporttzboy to the ends of the earth the giant dick he knew as a role I had no offensive powers and harble garble)

What was my tactic as a neutral?

Someone comes up to me and says "Yo Gumpy we be' Chilling come hang with us bro." and I attempt to keep them alive and destroy their enemies

Someone comes up to me and says "SELL OUT YOUR ALLIES OR WE WILL DESTROY YOU" and I will spank their ass eh lonestar?

Massive thumbs up to The_reflection and Drez for destroying our foes and all you hackers, spec ops and other minor runners for keeping that sweet information going in. Dac Vin, Egos, Job, the others, you were all so good

and big thumbs up to the actual network. We had some hard times, but we eventually all got onto the same page, stopped trying to kill each other and ended up setting fire to everything in a metaphorical sense.

So

Good Game

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    Lynx and Lawinator

Hugs for you both

Double hugs

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Someone comes up to me and says "SELL OUT YOUR ALLIES OR WE WILL DESTROY YOU" and I will spank their ass eh lonestar?

What is this even referring to? Are these things that actually happened?

I certainly don't recall them. Where was I?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    /cry no loves...*sniff Sniff* Goes girly on your ass

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OH! On the EBM thing...

I killed him on Day one on a pure hunch, you can all ask VT i talked to him about it.

After EBM's tirade about someone doing out of spite, I contacted him and told him I did, and it wasn't personal as I really have never had any interaction with him, he just responded back that that was bullshit.

So, I don't know what to say, but EBM was not grudge killed.

Funny, your Private Message states it was totally random. Please take care in sorting your lies prior to boarding the bullshit train.

Also, continue to vilify me, you fucking hypocrites. At least I have the resolve to try and play the role assigned and not be all trucey with my fuckbuddy who's also playing, or some sort of meta-gaming cockwad.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »

What is this even referring to? Are these things that actually happened?

I certainly don't recall them. Where was I?

Thetheroo, the outed lonestar, told me that when I popped over to say hi

Gumpy on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008