As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Embedding Youtube videos into Powerpoint

DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, anyone know how to embed youtube videos into the 2003 version of powerpoint? Is that even possible?

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
Drakeon on

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As far as I know it is not possible.

But if I'm wrong, I'd love to hear how to do it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aren't there various ways to rip the flash file and convert it any way you please?
    I think theres even an add on for Firefox. Can you place regular video files in power point?

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You can embed a link to the flash video wherever it is placed on your hard drive, so that when the time comes you can just click the link, play the video, and then close it when it's done playing. It's not a perfect solution but it might make things easier for you.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    There is a program to download streaming videos, I will post a link when I find the program.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aren't there various ways to rip the flash file and convert it any way you please?
    I think theres even an add on for Firefox. Can you place regular video files in power point?

vixy.net should do it, I think.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just had to do this the other day for a presentation. Media Converter, an addon for Firefox, will download Youtube videos. You can then embed them from the resulting file.

I was using a Mac to present, so I had some extra leg-work. I had to convert the file and then do some shit in Final Cut, but it ended up working out.

If you're on a PC, I don't think you even need to download the files; http://www.maniactive.com/states/2007/08/embed-youtube-into-powerpoint.html

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for the help guys, that worked or well, sort of... now the video I'm trying to embed say's it cant be found when its embedded but works fine when its on youtube. Probably just going to try embedding a different video clip, as others seem to work...

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Drakeon wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys, that worked or well, sort of... now the video I'm trying to embed say's it cant be found when its embedded but works fine when its on youtube. Probably just going to try embedding a different video clip, as others seem to work...

Video uploaders can choose to disable embedding of the video. If you look below the video info you'll probably see something to that effect on that video.

Smasher on