As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Beta On] A Tale in the Desert IV: Bricks and Boards

• vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm in upper egypt get over here bitches

vhzod on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i got a couple hours on my dl, but ill get my crafting on. so have we decided on where to start ?

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It looks like Upper Egypt for now. Just travel to one of us through clicking on yourself.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2008
    will do once im up and running.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yea upper egypt seems to have a lot of what we need. we wont be getting into too advanced a buildings in only a week.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited December 2008
    almost done with peasant status

vhzod on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Same here. w00! so are we going to build a guild building? I think that nets us a private chat channel

webguy20 on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We probably should. Do we want to build our buildings together or just wherever?

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2008
    according to this somebody needs to get to level 2 before they can build a guild. So what region are we shooting for?
    We have to build together! FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
    A good spot has clay, water, a good amount of trees, sand, preferably silt and thorns. And has nobody else there. Also a plus if there's a road nearby.
    a sheep spawn is nice also
    it can't be near schools or unis or starting areas
    oh and grass, duh

vhzod on
    edited December 2008
    well we have that in east egypt. I think right near the starting area where we all are now would be a good place. We just havet o figure out how to get to level 2.

webguy20 on
    edited December 2008
    All regions have all of those its just a matter of claiming them first
    Furthermore once you're done with the peasant test there is no reason at all to do anything by yourself

vhzod on
    edited December 2008
    Woo, level 1.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2008
    so we haven't picked a spot to start building in yet ?

Draeven on

edited December 2008
    Nope the first thing we need to do is find a good one. Once we do we can all converge on that spot.
    the first sign of a good spot is a lot of trees you can see from a distance.
    I just found a good spot
    Its got clay silt water sand grass wood dirt mud, not really a lot of wood though is the only problem

vhzod on
    edited December 2008
    Well Im going to be playing for about another hour today, then a lot tomarrow. Find us a good spot. I should be able to do the building requirements before I leave today though

webguy20 on
    edited December 2008
    Its in Upper Egypt coordinates 1658 4024.... its also not near the transfer point either. It might be a better idea to find one closer to the center of the region.

vhzod on
    edited December 2008
    I'm taking a break for a little while but should be on later.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2008
    Actually this is pretty close to the chariot stop. Get over here before someone else claims it. Its north of the Uarch
    Edit ehhh i dont know its probably better to be on the nile.

No this is a good spot GET OVER HEREEE

vhzod on
    edited December 2008
    Im on my sooo soon!

webguy20 on
    edited December 2008
    ok im capable of building buildings and temples now

webguy20 on
    edited December 2008
    whats your guy's names ? im in game under the name draven

Draeven on

• AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    So, is this game basically like Wyrm?

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Its not like wyrm as there is no combat. You can't get hurt. Its more abstract.
    I'm in game as ChaosMage you can teleport to my location as a noob.

vhzod on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    it is like wurm in that vhzod will DOOM YOU ALL though

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited December 2008
    That was all caused by your mad lust for power kazhiim!

vhzod on
    edited December 2008
    In the game as webguy20

as to what we're doing.... Just built a building and are working on upgrading it. It needs materials that people learn how to make becoming a citizen. Once we get that done hopefully me or someone else can assend to level two and be capable of building a guild building.

webguy20 on
    edited December 2008
    It's also not like Wurm wherein you can't terraform. It's similar in some ways, though.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2008
    sir carcass u got an ingame name ?

Draeven on

edited December 2008
    Tutancarcass

Sir Carcass on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So what has this version added?

Couscous on
    edited December 2008
    New flax grafix!

And... other stuff.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2008
    I have guild construction what should we call it

vhzod on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    East Djibouti Trade Company

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    hmm I think you need project management to make a guild hall

vhzod on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So what materials are in highest demand?

Material gathering/manufacture seems like a good job for random helpful people to do that can actually show some material benefit.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Red_CascadeRed_Cascade Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In game now as Iayiah. We have a nice settlement at 1678, 3996 with a load of public equipment (Just north of the Uni of Arcitecture). Anything to fo with Flax would be good i think as that is pretty time consuming to produce.

Red_Cascade on
    edited December 2008
    No problem there, I'll see what I can get made.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I really worked my ass off in Tale3 beta, I spent the first 24 hours working with a few other equally dedicated players and we led in research in almost all disciplines for a good amount of time. It was alot of fun bringing together a community and seeing great results but I don't know if I'm up for another base line start. D:

So tempted though...

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    edited December 2008
    Hey man, I just completed the citizenship on Tale3 before I noticed I was on the wrong server and started doin it all over again.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey man, I just completed the citizenship on Tale3 before I noticed I was on the wrong server and started doin it all over again.

At least you know it now. I think I have done the test 6 or so times in total and it just gets more and more tedious.

I am logging in just to check out the new pretty stuff...

Fullscreen = A huge thank you to Teppy! This was one of my biggest gripes from back in the day...

Still waiting on the implementation of my epic camel mounts... :D

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM