As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MelbPAX 08: photos pg 21! Also, now the YaYa dating thread

• TenTen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I take about an hour and fifteen to get to my uni, or rather I leave that much time incase I miss my regular bus.

Yeah don't stick around to meet people all that much. Fuck you university scheduling so many 8 am classes for me. I'm not exactly very social when I've had to get up shortly after 6.

Yep, that's the same sort of shit I had to do, it was kind of a catch 22, to make friends I needed to stay out late so I could join in their bar shenanigans, but to stay out late I needed to be able to stay at a friend's house because the last train was midnight and there would no buses at the other end

So I went in, did my classes and came home. The worst classes were those I had on a day by themselves, so I ended up travelling 2-3 hours for a single class.

In hindsight I probably should have just stayed at home and taught myself computer science

Ten on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dammit, you're missing the other major point of university. It's the place where (if it's any good) you make contacts for life.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woo back from mmy work Xmas party, and I've had.... many beers.
    TIme for sleeep!!

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    holy fuck

guys

I just got back from Lord of the Fries

I now serve a new dark god and his name is fry

Did you get a burger or just fries?

DID YOU GET A BURGER

the burgers are works of art.

#pipe on
    edited December 2008
    Dammit, you're missing the other major point of university. It's the place where (if it's any good) you make contacts for life.

Yeh, I basically skipped that part of it

I often think I would've been better off skipping the whole thing, to tell the truth

Ten on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My graduation is where I get my papers and my mum is going batshit over how important it is.

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2008
    I'm not sure I even have a piece of paper saying I graduated high school

Except for the thing that has my VCE marks on it

Ten on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    holy fuck

guys

I just got back from Lord of the Fries

I now serve a new dark god and his name is fry

Did you get a burger or just fries?

DID YOU GET A BURGER

the burgers are works of art.

I did

it was marvelous

also fuck you TBH come hang with us

YaYa on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are all of you 18? Or is the bar entry at all ages kinda thing?

anyhow, I live in Canberra, and if I did get to melbourne, via train likely, I have no clue as to how I'd find the place. excuses excuses excuses

The Black Hunter on
  • RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

anyhow, I live in Canberra, and if I did get to melbourne, via train likely, I have no clue as to how I'd find the place. excuses excuses excuses
    Get off the train and walk across the road.

RocketScience on
    edited December 2008
    What's the headcount so far?

Synthetic Orange on
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i live in sydney and i have a car and im hella lazy so its just you guys and i guess black hunter will be standing outside the bar because he cant get in

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    All looking through the window with puppy-dog eyes.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Get off the train and walk across the road.

Yeah, Melbourne is fairly easy to get around with the public transport there if you have half a brain

Also, I love Melbourne, but I'm alllll the way up on the Gold Coast

Glorfindel on
    edited December 2008
    All looking through the window with puppy-dog eyes.

jerkin into the bushes and shamelessly hitting on passerby

The Black Hunter on
  • StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I work at RMIT Uni in the city so I may walk down the street afterwards.
    just kidding i'd get the tram

Stealthc on
    edited December 2008
    My frist tram ride, my first time in melbourne, I was attacked by a crack addict

The Black Hunter on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what the fuck australia

why are you so fucking hot seriously cool dooowwwnnn

also young adolescents on the bus? shut up shut up you are all terrible

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited December 2008
    I was walking through Northbridge and it was all crack addicts.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    One of my friends has claimed to have seen a dude getting stabbed while he was throwing up in a side alley but I've never seen anything dodgy/illegal while in northbridge.

Fuckwits with no fashion sense yes.

Crack addicts no.

Blake T on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    meth addicts on the other hand...

Blake T on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    dude meth addicts are everywhere

in the Lift, in the Lorry, in the bond wizard, and all over the malonga gilderchuck.

#pipe on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    One of my friends has claimed to have seen a dude getting stabbed while he was throwing up in a side alley but I've never seen anything dodgy/illegal while in northbridge.

Fuckwits with no fashion sense yes.

Crack addicts no.

I saw a bunch of guys smash up a car just outside of Pot Black a few months back, a fight in an ice cream shop about 3 weeks ago and a bouncer knock some dude the fuck out last Saturday.

Good times.

Waka Laka on
    edited December 2008
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    a fight in an ice cream shop

that is delightful

#pipe on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    a fight in an ice cream shop

that is delightful

No Ice cream thrown unfortunately, some guy came in and just started screaming at someone else then yelling he was "On bail so he doesn't give a fuck what he does". Some kids were there looking scared out of their minds as this guy yelled every cuss word he could think of at this guy. A couple of people noticed and dragged him out, one of them beating him in the head several times. The bail guy faught back in a rediculous manner, flailing about and yelling obsceneties. He got decked and then rode away on his peice of shit bike.

Waka Laka on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There used to be well-dressed woman who would ride through the Perth CBD on her scooter about the same time every saturday, screaming obscenities and nonsense at the top of her lungs. One time I tried to listen and all I could make out was WHAAARBLARMFARGEDDITSTICKTHATINYOURDOCUMENTYAHERMLYFARSNURGER.

And to think, some people call our city "Dullsville".

Butler on
    edited December 2008
    Thats strange because there is also a hobo on a pushbike in Victoria Park that sometimes rides down the street yelling things that doesn't make any sense. Like he was telling a story to an audience even if there was no one around. It's bizzare.

There is also the homeless guy that raids the bins every Saturday morning for beer and wine bottles. He had been doing that for a few weekends when I first moved there, then one morning I saw him pull a beer bottle out and take a swing, only to moments later spit it out and yell "Agh it's piss!"

Activity wise Perth is dull. Looney wise, Perth is rich.

Waka Laka on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thats strange because there is also a hobo on a pushbike in Victoria Park that sometimes rides down the street yelling things that doesn't make any sense. Like he was telling a story to an audience even if there was no one around. It's bizzare.

If you listen for long enough he Bel-airs you.

Butler on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There is also the homeless guy that raids the bins every Saturday morning for beer and wine bottles. He had been doing that for a few weekends when I first moved there, then one morning I saw him pull a beer bottle out and take a swing, only to moments later spit it out and yell "Agh it's piss!"

That is fucking magical. I must meet this man.

Darth Waiter on
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

One night we were sitting around having a few long necks when we saw a guy walking up and down the street grabbing upright bottles and drinking what was left inside.

We had the bright idea to piss in one and leave it beneath a nearby bench, where we would watch it patiently for his return. Unfortunately, he never came back.

He probably died of exposure.

Oden on
    edited December 2008
    He died from drinking piss.

Synthetic Orange on
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well that was a pretty shitty thing for him to do, he could have done the decent thing and died from drinking our piss bottle.

Oden on
  • StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A couple of weeks ago one of my mates was out on Swan st getting a souva after a night on the sauce when a smackhead stole his bag and went running off.

Reckons he chased him for about 20 minutes in like a slow jog before finally catching up to the guy.

People at the souvlaki place gave him a FREE BOTTLE OF WATER when he got back, but his souvlaki was cold...

Stealthc on
    edited December 2008
    Stealthc wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago one of my mates was out on Swan st getting a souva after a night on the sauce when a smackhead stole his bag and went running off.

Reckons he chased him for about 20 minutes in like a slow jog before finally catching up to the guy.

People at the souvlaki place gave him a FREE BOTTLE OF WATER when he got back, but his souvlaki was cold...
    I don't believe this story.

A smackhead couldn't run for 20 minutes.

Dude must have been on Meth.

Blake T on
    edited December 2008
    hey Stealthc are you coming

YaYa on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    in the Lift, in the Lorry, in the bond wizard, and all over the malonga gilderchuck.

When did pipe start writing Dr. Seuss books

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think I'll come. I work about a quarter-hour train ride from Flinders St, so it'd be easy for me to come along.

Cyvros on
    edited December 2008
    fuck yes Cyvros

we're gonna talk about Grill'd and how great it is

YaYa on
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    :^:

We can also talk about my mechanical pencil. It's fucking fantastic.

Cyvros on
    edited December 2008
    shit yeah

please bring it

I promise to worship it if you do

YaYa on