As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Suicide is [chat]less

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is it a maple leaf pattern?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dude, I want to try a gunshot omelette. It's an omelette with yakisoba as its filling.

How about we cut out the middle man and I just shoot you in the stomach.

I had an omelette stuffed with mashed potatoes once.

So good.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

Probably because canucks are naturally resentful of anything french, blame quebec.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dude, I want to try a gunshot omelette. It's an omelette with yakisoba as its filling.

How about we cut out the middle man and I just shoot you in the stomach.

I had an omelette stuffed with mashed potatoes once.

So good.

How about we cut out the middle man and I just inject mashed potatoes into your stomach.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Fuck me, do I ever need a job. I'm not getting any responses to my resume though.

What do you say in a resume e-mail? "Hello, I saw your ad and would love the chance to interview for the position. I am attaching a copy of my resume for your consideration." ?

I know I'm late here, but I usually use the e-mail as my cover letter of sorts. I like to keep it brief so it's not boring.

And yet I'm still stuck at my shitty job.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I think AIM's main page is strictly trying to turn me on.

All those wyminz...

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    How about we cut out the middle man and I just inject mashed potatoes into your stomach.

How about we just quit dancing this violent tango and you just stick your man meat in my quivering rectum already?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

How about we just quit dancing this violent tango and you just stick your man meat in my quivering rectum already?

What, fuck, no, I just want you dead and those mashed potatoes dealt with so I can have some plain pancakes and syrup.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fuck me, do I ever need a job. I'm not getting any responses to my resume though.

What do you say in a resume e-mail? "Hello, I saw your ad and would love the chance to interview for the position. I am attaching a copy of my resume for your consideration." ?

I know I'm late here, but I usually use the e-mail as my cover letter of sorts. I like to keep it brief so it's not boring.

"Dear sir/madam" would be a better start than a "hello".

Aldo on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

Probably because canucks are naturally resentful of anything french, blame quebec.

I like french fries well enough. :P I'm even Albertan, so there's a double whammy, but unlike my provincial brethren, I have no problem with Quebec or her people. I'm cool with transfer payments so long as the formula doesn't single out any one source of revenue and while I can't speak it, I'm cool with the French language (Or the dialect that is particular to Quebec).

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    What, fuck, no, I just want you dead and those mashed potatoes dealt with so I can have some plain pancakes and syrup.

:cry:

But it quivers just for you.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

If I know the company name, I usually use "<Company Name>,"

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »

I like french fries well enough. :P I'm even Albertan, so there's a double whammy, but unlike my provincial brethren, I have no problem with Quebec or her people. I'm cool with transfer payments so long as the formula doesn't single out any one source of revenue and while I can't speak it, I'm cool with the French language (Or the dialect that is particular to Quebec).

French fries? What are those? Anything like Freedom fries comrade?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

'to whom it may concern' is your best friend.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I JUST WANT PANCAKES.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    French fries? What are those? Anything like Freedom fries comrade?

Comrade? Looks like someone just blew their deep cover, you pinko commie bastard.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    how does someone not like pancakes. shit.

anyways it's lunch time. time for some ham

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

"To my new best friend and recipient of one hundred dollars,"

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There was this MSPaint comic from long ago.

Something about the ridiculousness of customers at this joint who would complain if the cold and hot parts of their burger touched too early or something.

I just remember the line, "ZER VILL BE ORDER IN MIEN BURGER!"

It was a glorious comic, but the internet seems to have forgotten about it...

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

"To my new best friend and recipient of one hundred dollars,"

'CONGRATULATIONS, YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE WON!'

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think it's funny that pink used to be the color for boys and blue for girls.

And then the whole communist business in the 40s, and somehow pink with its new negative connotations gets shifted over to women. Funny that.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »

Not a fan of ham, either. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Way too posh.

*E: uh, here, in the Netherlands, Randstad in particular. Regional differences all up ins.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Not a fan of West Ham either, Nova? :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think it's funny that pink used to be the color for boys and blue for girls.

And then the whole communist business in the 40s, and somehow pink with its new negative connotations gets shifted over to women. Funny that.
    I'd like to redistribute her wealth, if you know what I mean.

Bama on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Man what do you eat? Soy cereal with some soy milk? Maybe some soy toast with a nice tall glass of soy to wash that down?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The only thing I know about West Ham I learned from the IT Crowd: It is a team beloved by thieves and murderers.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

See, I had a more formal letter but my better half convinced me it was transparent and condescending.

Gosling wrote: »

I think you're fine.

You're just competing against gazillions of other people that need a job too.

[whine] But it's been nearly a month and I have no money for x-mas presents and my girlfriend is upset with me and all I want is to work for some damn monies! [/whine]

TL DR on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    hmm, what to do for lunch.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Hire me! I'll make you a sandwich for $10 / hour!

TL DR on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

do you even like fish, Nova?
    you have to like fish

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

The question is not what, but what.

Are you interested in cow?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't know where all the breakfast bashing in this thread is coming from. If you don't like pancakes, french toast, waffles or crepes you better at least like cookies, especially Dickerdoodles!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/

This update just went up so i figured not everyone would have read it already.

Dman on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hey [chat]

why is everyone in jail?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008

I'm getting Jimmy John's delivered.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

do you even like fish, Nova?
    you have to like fish

Haha, that's awesome, because no, I can't stand fish. It's gross.

EDIT: Like, I'll eat pancakes if they're being served, same with ham. I'd never make them myself, though. But fish? No. Not even if it's the only thing to eat.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    See, I had a more formal letter but my better half convinced me it was transparent and condescending.

[whine] But it's been nearly a month and I have no money for x-mas presents and my girlfriend is upset with me and all I want is to work for some damn monies! [/whine]
    What's transparent about a formal letter? Of course you're just writing like that to get a job. That's why you're sending in an application in the first place. It just shows that you took the time to write it down in a formal way.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The only thing I know about West Ham I learned from the IT Crowd: It is a team beloved by thieves and murderers.

Haha, yes! "Does that look like a birthmark to you?!?"

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hey [chat]

why is everyone in jail?

We've been offensive from the start. I think the mod's must have recently been offered kick backs from the private jail industry.

Dman on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dman wrote: »
    hey [chat]

why is everyone in jail?

We've been offensive from the start. I think the mod's must have recently been offered kick backs from the private jail industry.

makes sense...

anyway, anything interesting goings ons?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.