As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nerdcore Rising nerd of the Week: PAX!

BlamemonkeyBlamemonkey Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in PAX Archive
Blamemonkey on

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    that was awesomely rad!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Mo1sonMo1son Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That was awesome. I make a cameo at 3:19, player 1 on guitar freaks. =]

Mo1son on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mo1son wrote:
    That was awesome. I make a cameo at 3:19, player 1 on guitar freaks. =]
    fuckin celebrity over here!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    I'm the guy in line with the FREE PIZZA sign. The one on the left, that is.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    wetworxwetworx Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    just curious, whats the song (and by whom) playin during the credits? thanks.

wetworx on
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i'm the kid who said "it's how i've always been identified throughout my entire life" with the alien hominid antenna's on. lol.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm the giant who comes through the door when they open it. When the guy is counting down on his fingers, the dude behind his arm wearing a blue t-shirt is Whippy. Munkus is standing next to him wearing yellow.

Doc on
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i'm totally not in it!

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If I was in it, I was on the side of the screen for at most a good .5 seconds. Ball got more screentime.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i was very happy they put ball in it.

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    KhorinKhorin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Please please someone tell me what song starts playing when that gent says "You work a 9-5 job, then you get home...." I'm in love with it.. And i require it!

Khorin on
  • Options
    KhorinKhorin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    And an answer to my own question, along with anyone else who was curious about some of the music used in the vid.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=113640325&blogID=221842686&MyToken=3a1d48c3-b26e-4910-b25f-b3292728c774

;)

-Khorin

Khorin on
  • Options
    Mr. White XDMr. White XD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Anyone find it funny that the chick who works for ubisoft says her favorite game is splinter cell:DA?

Mr. White XD on
    Mr+white+Xd.gif
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2007
    Haha- i had actually talked to her and asked her what was up with that, and she was super pissed. Turns out that's not the question they asked her (she was asked what she was presenting that day or something) - ah well, tough break.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Anyone find it funny that the chick who works for ubisoft says her favorite game is splinter cell:DA?
    yeah really, who would choose double agent? ah well, she sure was eye candy, and that's what women are for, right fellas? [proceeds to duck below flying eggs, bricks, and fists]

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Mr. White XDMr. White XD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wow, the man, the myth, the legend, robert khoo himself directly responded to my comment :-D

That's kind of strange they would take that out of context, I would expect that from a political documentary, but not something about pax. Maybe they lost track of things while they were editing.

Mr. White XD on
    Mr+white+Xd.gif
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, chances are they were editing the clip together quickly, and were scrubbing through looking for video of people saying the names of games. Oops on them.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm not in it either. However I was inspired by it, and now have a weird urge to bring my camcorder this year and survey people about random stuff for no reason.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    ArghetlamArghetlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm not in it either. However I was inspired by it, and now have a weird urge to bring my camcorder this year and survey people about random stuff for no reason.

Great minds think alike, I see.

Arghetlam on
    "Music trancends time." - Dave Wakeley
    "When pirates and ninjas fight, everyone wins." -Tycho
    The new, improved One Shots Website
    Proud Wardriver from the Cross Country Super Trip '06!
    Proud Iron Smogger for 2008
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Arghetlam wrote:

Great minds think alike, I see.

I'll so team up with you... together we shall make a survey so great and powerful, we shall bring down the gods themselves!

We will need capes and an evil pet or henchman to follow us around though. You can't be truly evil without them.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Doc wrote:
    I'm the giant who comes through the door when they open it. When the guy is counting down on his fingers, the dude behind his arm wearing a blue t-shirt is Whippy. Munkus is standing next to him wearing yellow.

Myself and PolaGo are obscured behind Doc the giant in the door opening scene in the video. You can almost see the corner of my face in a split-second of footage, then it cuts away.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
This discussion has been closed.