Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WoW] The Winter of our something something

1575859606163»

Posts

  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I thought it was really cool seeing what they could do with their models. Some scenes looked really smooth and well animated, with effects like motion blur added.

    EDIT:
    xzzy wrote: »
    So, I just played through the Wrathgate thing. It was cool. I think the DK starting zone blows it the fuck out of the water.

    I was pretty impressed they got a in-engine cutscene to work, I hope we see more of it.

    Though they really need to invest in some facial animation features and lip-synching code if they're gonna make them common.
    It was using in-engine models but I don't think it occurred in-engine. I thought for sure I saw video artifacts.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    drhazard wrote: »
    Yeah, my group thinks they should replace the human models with smaller vrykul ones. They're just better in almost every regard.

    Vrykul chicks are hot.

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    drhazard wrote: »
    Yeah, my group thinks they should replace the human models with smaller vrykul ones. They're just better in almost every regard.

    Vrykul chicks are hot.

    Death by snoo snoo

    Brainleech on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    I thought the cutscene was simultaneously very cheesy and very cool, but after it was done, I really wished that -- since all they did was use the game engine anyway -- that it hadn't been a cutscene, and simply something that happened around me. It would've been fucking awesome to see that from any of several vantage points, swiveling my camera around and seeing the stuff myself as if I was really there. :O

    Oboro on
    words
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I thought it was really cool seeing what they could do with their models. Some scenes looked really smooth and well animated, with effects like motion blur added.

    EDIT:
    xzzy wrote: »
    So, I just played through the Wrathgate thing. It was cool. I think the DK starting zone blows it the fuck out of the water.

    I was pretty impressed they got a in-engine cutscene to work, I hope we see more of it.

    Though they really need to invest in some facial animation features and lip-synching code if they're gonna make them common.
    It was using in-engine models but I don't think it occurred in-engine. I thought for sure I saw video artifacts.

    Video artifacts in the wow engine is really, really ghetto. I mean, do you really need to compress such extremely high res graphics?

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You know, I'll be extremely disappointed when they don't add the vrykul as a playable race in the next expansion.

    I mean, obviously they won't because that would be too awesome, but a man can dream.
    Of vrykul women.

    reVerse on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I am curious if the people talking about meters a couple pages back are talking about overall meters or boss meters.

    Because if it's the former, I might as well warm up the car, because I'm about to break my nose from repeat stress from a 'blunted object.'

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I started the game a few days ago and I am now a level 17 Night Elf Druid

    Okay so here is what i decided to do today:
    1727049407578d0bbc.jpg

    I started swimming from Darkshore and ended up in a place called "Azshara"
    172704940855ae7c7c.jpg

    Red is where I've walked so far and blue is my plan.

    So far I've done nothing but die over and over and over. So I stripped naked and started suicide walking my way out. It's been pretty fun.

    FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ah, the old days when it was just fun to walk around and explore the world. If I close my eyes, I can almost remember them again.

    Almost...

    reVerse on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And I thought swimming from Westfall to Booty Bay took a while D:

    Edit: First time my brother played WoW he thought it sucked ass because at level 2 he decided to 'follow some dude on the road' (Must've had candy) and ended up in Westfall, getting continually raped by vultures that would aggro halfway across the zone any time he rezzed.

    Arrath on
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Making for Oregon is suicide, as DOS games have shown.
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I followed that exact same route around the northern part of Kalimdor as a newbie. I figured there had to be some kind of easter egg hidden up there.

    But there was nothing.

    xzzy on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arrath wrote: »
    And I thought swimming from Westfall to Booty Bay took a while D:

    Edit: First time my brother played WoW he thought it sucked ass because at level 2 he decided to 'follow some dude on the road' (Must've had candy) and ended up in Westfall, getting continually raped by vultures that would aggro halfway across the zone any time he rezzed.

    Man, I rolled an alt with a friend several days ago, and I forgot just how brutal Westfall could be.

    First of all the drop rate on most of the quests is just horrendous. Also, unlike Outland/Northrend, the levels of enemies in a zone very a really big fucking amount, to where sometimes you are suddenly being chased around by things that are red to you.

    Icecrown ain't got shit on Westfall.

    Nocturne on
  • Neb54Neb54 Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I take that as proof that Blizzard can, in fact, learn.

    Neb54 on
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Arrath wrote: »
    And I thought swimming from Westfall to Booty Bay took a while D:

    Edit: First time my brother played WoW he thought it sucked ass because at level 2 he decided to 'follow some dude on the road' (Must've had candy) and ended up in Westfall, getting continually raped by vultures that would aggro halfway across the zone any time he rezzed.

    Man, I rolled an alt with a friend several days ago, and I forgot just how brutal Westfall could be.

    First of all the drop rate on most of the quests is just horrendous. Also, unlike Outland/Northrend, the levels of enemies in a zone very a really big fucking amount, to where sometimes you are suddenly being chased around by things that are red to you.

    Icecrown ain't got shit on Westfall.

    Really, it's like that with a lot of old world zones. Duskwood and Redridge in particular used to be really horrible about it. The starter quests in those zones are for level 15 (Redridge) and 20 (Duskwood), but the quests got higher and higher level real fast, to the point where you'd be maybe level 25 and was expected to do quests involving killing level 30+ elites. Oh, those old timey days...

    reVerse on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hmm, just noticed "character recustomization" when I was logging in earlier.
    "This service lets you change your character's gender, face, hair and skin color, hairstyle, name, and other cosmetic features determined by their race and gender combination. You cannot, however, change your character's race or class. "

    Only $15. Going to see a lot more post-op trannies running around I reckon.

    dojango on
This discussion has been closed.