As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really feel bad for people who have to pug. I haven't done pug runs since Dire Maul was new content, and never plan on doing so again. I can't think of many good experiences in them. I guess getting my lightforge helm 2 minutes before server shutdown was pretty rad, though.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    To this day my crowning achievement in WoW is still navigating The Lyceum in BRD with a PUG.

langfor6 on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is there a way to cast a random mount? Like, I might get my Ram or I might get my Charger when I click the button on my bar?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    The Horde killed Varian Wrynn four times in the past 24 hours. No one even notices half the time that they kill the Dwarven king, so I dunno if they've matched that to other leaders. There's been at least a dozen raids like this since Monday alone, when there were none before Monday.

I think Icecrown is bored of the present content already. :|

Oboro on
    words
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I pugged my first few heroics, and they went really well, but these were mostly server first 80s. We were all in well known guilds, but were waiting for guildies to catch up. :P

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • MacenMacen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Is there a way to cast a random mount? Like, I might get my Ram or I might get my Charger when I click the button on my bar?
    There used to be a mod for this, might want to check Curse. I would look it up for you, but military computers dont allow GOOD sites (except Penny-arcade).

It was "Mount !@*#!@*" if I recall. (I know, great tip on what it was called...)

Macen on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I use gogomount.

And gogopet, but you weren't asking about pets.

Undead Scottsman on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Did herioc nexus today, god that place is beyond braindead. Only trouble I can see is if you are going in for achievements. I went in as prot with a bear druid, enhance shammy, mage(who I beat on overall damage) and a resto druid who just respeced tonight and just hit 80. No wipes on bosses, and two wipes on trash because we were being retarded and deserved it. Go mech 2.0, free badges for all!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Macen wrote: »
    There used to be a mod for this, might want to check Curse. I would look it up for you, but military computers dont allow GOOD sites (except Penny-arcade).

It was "Mount !@*#!@*" if I recall. (I know, great tip on what it was called...)

Make a macro:

/castrandom Mount One, Mount Two, Mount Three

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I just got the Hadronox Denied achievement (kill second boss of Azjol-Nerub without letting him stop the flow of adds). Only, I did let him stop the flow of adds. I pulled him right as I saw him webbing those tunnels and didn't see any more adds spawn, and the group burned him down before he could regenerate more than a few times from the million adds attacking him. Got the achievement without even expecting it.

Kind of made up for the failed attempts at the Watch Him Die achievement. Next time I want that, I'm going in with two tanks and two healers. One tank to grab the watchers and one to grab the boss, and one healer for each of them.

Garthor on
    edited December 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Make a macro:

If that works, then that is a much better idea than mine.

Macen on
    edited December 2008

Make a macro:

It does. I went for the 50 mounts achievement before WotLK came out, and have ended up using that macro to randomly pick one of my prettiest mounts.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why did I start a DK? Argh! My rogue sits at 76 right now because I can't stop devastating Outland on my knight of the unliving. I have a feeling my rogue will not be my first character to 80. *Sniffle*

Monsty on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Make a macro:

It does. I went for the 50 mounts achievement before WotLK came out, and have ended up using that macro to randomly pick one of my prettiest mounts.
    Excellent, thanks!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The season for a sex change.
    US$15 ONLY!!!

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    I was going to roll a Priest, but then I saw that they took the Smite Mage line out of the Holy tree. Now, I see no reason to roll a Priest. :cry:

EDIT: Wait! I found it! It was just moved and made slightly different! <3

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    I started a paladin, even though they are nerfing the shit out of ret (the only spec I will play with it).

Macen on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    So apparently there was a fuckup with a shipment of fresh crabs at my Safeway. They're cracked up and shit, but they were on fire sale for 60% off.

In short, I am now playing WoW and eating crabs.

angrycrabcrop.jpg

SteevL on
    edited December 2008
    You think I'm going to listen to a crab? HA!

Not even Hunters will tame them.

Oboro on
    words
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so blizzard has officially gone crazy

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?tag=CRCFAQ

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited December 2008
    it's less crazy than EA Games, who charges you $15 for a name change or $15 for a gender change or $25 for both together

at least Blizzard is kind enough not to ream you by selling you gender changes without name swaps attached

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    PTR patch notes, best thing
    Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostrider? Tauren on raptor? You’re not seeing things.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My friend just started playing and named his rogue Truxtanker. It was his Halo tag and now it will be his curse.

I was just thinking it would be cool if there was some way to change your name. Glad they put that option in even if it is too expensive.

EDIT:
    Wren wrote: »
    PTR patch notes, best thing
    Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostrider? Tauren on raptor? You’re not seeing things.

HOLY SHIT YES!!!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited December 2008
    On the one hand, they apparently are not fixing either of the Rogue bugs that allow us to remain relevant

On the other hand, they're not fixing anything about the class

Also apparently Titan's Grip has no penalty now? OK

EDIT: These better just be ridiculously incomprehensive because I can think of a slew of bugs off the top of my head that I would give far more priority to than a few class changes.

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    also bloodsurge procs on ww now as well. HS too apparently but come get me when I have rage to spare to spam HS as dps. maybe thats for fury tanks

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Where are these patch notes? I can only find ancient PTR patch notes.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited December 2008
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/

if you haven't bookmarked this yet, you fail at WoW

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    http://mmo-champion.com/ is where I saw them posted, apparently they'll have the undocumented changes later today

maybe the Rogue bugs and some other bugs are just undocumented because they're easily abused and these are only PTR notes and Blizzard doesn't want to encourage even more exploiting?

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    man rogues got their aoe buffed. what more could you want!?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    the fix is amazing

now I can Fan of Knives twice

and then have no energy or combo points or Slice and Dice up or Rupture or anything

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    but you could totally interrupt two spells in a row

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    but that's not what Fan of Knives does

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    well if you're smart and went combat, it can

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The quest, "Scare the Guano Out of Them!" now only requires 10 Darkclaw Guano, down from 15.
    I just did this quest last night on my second time through Northrend and the entire time I was thinking "Why fifteen?! That's like way too many for this to be fun."

THEY ARE IN MY BRAIN

815165 on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Levitate is now castable on others.

Jesus mode* for everyone!

*Jesus is a white man and thus can't jump

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited December 2008
    thanks a lot Wren, now I remember when we had that ability on our Arena gloves and one of my simplest joys was interrupting a cast from afar while also slowing the caster and then reaming them

but gone are those days

they will come no more

Oboro on
    words
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, what's interesting to see is what this patch doesn't have:
    All the upcoming listed class changes for DK's for instance, or the hunter nerfs.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I almost wish I played alliance now. I want a Horde mechno-strider for my characters.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited December 2008
    So I was annoyed enough by the Fan of Knives 'buff' that I actually went over to the Rogue class forums at WoW.com for the first time in my life to see how enraged people were.

But no one's posting anything enraged.

They're all making posts about how awesome the Honor Among Thieves exploit is and competing to see who can exploit it the most effectively and discussing what builds and gear best exploit the Honor Among Thieves exploit.

I feel fucking dirty.

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Also, what's interesting to see is what this patch doesn't have:
    All the upcoming listed class changes for DK's for instance, or the hunter nerfs.

Official patch notes are fairly incomplete, please also check the following blue posts for more changes:

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.