As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    You think I'm going to listen to a crab? HA!

Not even Hunters will tame them.

Actually, if I play my hunter again I plan to tame a crab. And then name it Loque'nahak.

Oboro on
    words
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Oh RLY?
    crabnw4.jpg
    Clawshrimpy begs to differ. Yes, he's one of those crabs from outside Org. Leveled with him the whole way!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    RMT affects the in game economy. Paying for cosmetic or minor enhancements doesn't affect anybody.
    Well, at least in the case of the EQ/II situation, it didn't appear as though at least what I read would have any impact on the economy, as nothing that was purchased affected gameplay; it was all cosmetic stuff.

Money for gold, yeah, bad idea. But honestly, as much as a whore as I feel like when I say this, I would definitely pay for some appearance gear on my character. Getting to look a way that I choose while still benefitting from the stats of the otherwise hideous armor that's choking Northrend? Sign me up.

Halfmex on
    edited December 2008
    I'm not sure that's a crab, there's like four polygons in the entire picture! Might be a Scorpid, yeah ... :wink:

Oboro on
    words
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    RMT affects the in game economy. Paying for cosmetic or minor enhancements doesn't affect anybody.
    Well, at least in the case of the EQ/II situation, it didn't appear as though at least what I read would have any impact on the economy, as nothing that was purchased affected gameplay; it was all cosmetic stuff.

Money for gold, yeah, bad idea. But honestly, as much as a whore as I feel like when I say this, I would definitely pay for some appearance gear on my character. Getting to look a way that I choose while still benefitting from the stats of the otherwise hideous armor that's choking Northrend? Sign me up.

Really? People think Armor in Northrend looks bad? I think it looks great, I really like the wooden/rugged/dark-brown look of it compared to the Outland clown suits and Fel-fire-green look.

GPIA7R on
    edited December 2008
    I think Northrend gear looks fine, but it was very irritating that my character model did not change from level 74 to level 80. I still look exactly the same. Or well, I did, but then I got new pants yesterday. They're shorts! First new model for any of my gear. :x

EDIT: Oh, and shoulders have different models ... or at least my Trollwoven ones do. And it's obnoxious. :P

Oboro on
    words
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wulf wrote: »

Oh RLY?
    crabnw4.jpg
    Clawshrimpy begs to differ. Yes, he's one of those crabs from outside Org. Leveled with him the whole way!

Mine is named Buttersauce.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I started leveling a crab before the 3.0 patch. Went to STV at 70 and leveled the bugger from 41 to about 63. Name was Radio. However, I abandoned this project after they announced the pet improvements and closing the level gap. It didn't seem as much an accomplishment to level an actual viable pet that starts max 5 levels below you.

It was really funny while it lasted though, because people didn't know what to make of you running around with a pet crab at that point.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think if you're a plate wearer, Northrend does wonders for you (though, again, there's like one model of shoulders throughout the entire leveling process). If you're a leather wearer, well, some people might dig it, but I think it looks atrocious. I'm a rogue, not grizzly goddamned adams. The most egregious offender is the helm; holy christ that thing is ugly as shit, and belongs nowhere near a rogue. Hell the cloth helm models (the sadface one or the hood) look like they would fit a rogue better than the giant horned monstrosity that is the ubiquitous melee dps leather helm. The mail sets I can take or leave; they're not offensive, but they're not going to win any beauty contests either.

I hated the clown armor in TBC as much as the next guy, and god knows they re-used tier model sets to death, but at least they used (in most cases) some of the best looking tier models in the game (T2) so your quested/drop shit didn't look atrocious.

Halfmex on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wulf wrote: »

Oh RLY?
    crabnw4.jpg

Hi Dhavlesh.

Wombat02 on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think if you're a plate wearer, Northrend does wonders for you (though, again, there's like one model of shoulders throughout the entire leveling process). If you're a leather wearer, well, some people might dig it, but I think it looks atrocious.

Yeah, pretty much. Plate looks awesome, leather looks terrible.

Also, I find that most mail armor looks pretty awesome, too. Cloth, on the other hand, looks rather uninspired.

reVerse on
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    pshh I like my horns. I'm a miniature tauren rogue

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty much. Plate looks awesome, leather looks terrible.

I like the leather shoulder model with two huge tusks strapped to each shoulder.

That leather helmet with horns needs to be purged by fire though.

Echo on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    Achievements
    New achievements rewards

* Lil' Game Hunter - Collect 100 unique companion pets. - Reward: Little Fawn's Salt Lick
    * Mountain o' Mounts - Obtain 100 mounts. - Reward: Blue Dragonhawk Mount
    * Mountain o' Mounts - Obtain 100 mounts. - Reward: Red Dragonhawk Mount
    O shit. Are there even 100 mounts in the game at the moment? I thought there were something like 82 before the xpac hit?

Well, I just quickly looked it up, and as an Engineering Paladin I could hit 100 mounts.

IF I had all of the Qiraji Crystals (including the black one), and IF I had every single mount that ever dropped in the game (raven lord, ashes of a'lar, deathcharger, both ZG mounts, etc), and IF I had every mount from every achievement and faction (including the green proto-drake).

I think they might be planning on adding more mounts at some point.
    I do wonder if they're pondering some way to buy/steal the other faction's mounts.

SabreMau on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    Achievements
    New achievements rewards

* Lil' Game Hunter - Collect 100 unique companion pets. - Reward: Little Fawn's Salt Lick
    * Mountain o' Mounts - Obtain 100 mounts. - Reward: Blue Dragonhawk Mount
    * Mountain o' Mounts - Obtain 100 mounts. - Reward: Red Dragonhawk Mount
    O shit. Are there even 100 mounts in the game at the moment? I thought there were something like 82 before the xpac hit?

Well, I just quickly looked it up, and as an Engineering Paladin I could hit 100 mounts.

IF I had all of the Qiraji Crystals (including the black one), and IF I had every single mount that ever dropped in the game (raven lord, ashes of a'lar, deathcharger, both ZG mounts, etc), and IF I had every mount from every achievement and faction (including the green proto-drake).

I think they might be planning on adding more mounts at some point.
    I do wonder if they're pondering some way to buy/steal the other faction's mounts.

I want my tauren on a mechno-strider.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Considering mounts are the new status symbol, it seems almost a certainty that content patches will be adding new mounts from here on out.

xzzy on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So is this the new chat thread?

Or is this a "Head-On" commercial?

Wavechaser on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's severe stomach pain.

!?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    you followin' me camera guy?

Halfmex on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, let's count mounts, and we'll start with the easily farmable ones. I'm a warlock.

Vanilla/azeroth: 36

7 horses (humans.)
    6 battlecats (nelves.)
    6 striders (gnomes.)
    6 rams (dwarves.)
    6 elekks (exodar)
    5 pvp mounts (tokens, AV ram.)

Outland: 26

8 talbuks
    6 nether drakes
    6 gryphons
    5 sperms
    1 hippogryph

Northrend: 8.

1 bear (armored brown.)
    1 snowy gryphon.
    2 drakes (bronze, red.)
    4 mammoths (wooly, black war, ice, grand ice.)

So that's 69 that are attainable without much complication, just rep and farming time. Since you'll get an albino for free at 50, that's 70 mounts. After that it gets tougher, and I'll just list what I'm planning on.

2 free warlock mounts.
    2 more bears (black war, polar.)
    2 proto drakes (green and red.)
    2 flying carpets (crafted via tailoring.)
    2 brewfest mounts (kodo, ram.)
    3 qiraji tanks (yellow, green, blue.)

Now we're up to 83. Now we get into rareified air: traveler's mammoth, the motorcycle, additional protodrakes, the black drake. Amani war bear if you got one (my warlock didn't), baron's, headless horseman, attumen, ZG mounts. There's also the two nagrand pvp mounts, although farming those up at this point is probably impossible unless you have a bunch of horde buddies.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited December 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    3 qiraji tanks (yellow, green, blue.)
    4. You can still get the red one.

SabreMau on
    edited December 2008
    Huh, it's easier to get the 50 than I thought. Thanks for the list, Dysc. :^:

Oboro on
    words
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I completely forgot about the different colors of each.

GPIA7R on
    edited December 2008
    Eh, the dragonhawks aren't appealing enough for me to bother getting the 100 mounts anyway (just as the albino drake wasn't for 50). Now, If they made the reward a Frost Drake (like on the login screen), I would play until my fingers bled to get there.

Halfmex on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Great. Something ELSE for my Hunter to collect... (she's into companion pets, too.)

Tach on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There's a couple more, too. Presumably we'll get access to the black gnomish pvp mount. There are three or four more flying carpets in the datafiles that might get opened up at some point. If you're like me, you'll get the violet protodrake eventually. There are a couple of mounts from the old days that aren't around anymore that you might be lucky enough to have.

So I'm going to say it's possible currently, but I'd be surprised if any one person was able to do it.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited December 2008
    If they are completely removing the racial restrictions (instead of just adding the missing races), and mounts were still BoE, then you could totally sell them on the neutral AH.

But I don't know how they did the first part, and the second isn't currently the case.

End on
    edited December 2008
    Eh, the dragonhawks aren't appealing enough for me to bother getting the 100 mounts anyway (just as the albino drake wasn't for 50). Now, If they made the reward a Frost Drake (like on the login screen), I would play until my fingers bled to get there.

There is one of those as a mount actually, I just don't think it's possible to get it in game yet.

Wavechaser on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oooh, do you require a certain reputation with a faction to purchase a mount, or ride? I can't recall.

If it's just purchase, you could indeed do that, and even save yourself some time and trouble grinding home factions to exalted if you're not interested in that.

Personally, after 4 years of availability, I don't think giving the other faction access to our 'oldschool' mounts is a bad idea. It'd be cool to ride a wolf or a raptor on my Rogue, and with all the specialty mounts out there, it's not like giving Horde mechanostriders would be terrible homogenization; I don't know that many gnomes still riding mechanostriders anyway. (*cue hundreds of Gnome players saying "but I still do!" yes, yes, that's fine, but now you can be a Nome on a Cock...atrice, or a wolf, or an undead horse!)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited December 2008
    I still ride my dreadsteed as a warlock, and that makes me strangely unique.

I like that there's so many different mounts these days though.

End on
    edited December 2008
    Considering alliance has access to pretty much all of the horde mounts I hardly see this as a problem. Compared to horde access to a single tiger and ram.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited December 2008
    Tiger mount from ZG.

Could an 80 solo that place? I would think so, but i've never tried.

Wavechaser on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »
    I still ride my dreadsteed as a warlock, and that makes me strangely unique.

I like that there's so many different mounts these days though.

It does? Man, the dreadsteed is still one of the best mounts in the game. Other warlocks must be dumb.

People have already completely soloed every part of ZG I think.

I'm considering going there on my Death Knight before I even hit 80.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    A level 70 death knight... on a talbuk.

Who thinks it's a good idea to grind mag'har rep instead of leveling?

Echo on
    edited December 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    There is one of those as a mount actually, I just don't think it's possible to get it in game yet.
    Yeah, I saw a YouTube video of that back when WotLK was still in Alpha, and I'm still hard from it. It is easily my most wanted thing out of this expansion. I'm praying to god that they don't make it a drop from Arthas, but for some reason I'll bet that's the route they go with it.

Halfmex on
    edited December 2008
    Tiger mount from ZG.

Could and has. There's an article on WoW Insider about an 80 DK that soloed ZG and most of AQ 20.

Halfmex on
    edited December 2008
    Tiger mount from ZG.

The tiger mount is pretty much impossible. Unless you can keep the 3 mobs seperated they'll heal themselves too much for you to out damage and plus they dole out a lot of damage for their level. You'll need at least 2 dps that can take hefty damage and a good tank.

The raptor mount though? Yes. I was able to do this as a prot pally and it's supposedly easy to do as a warlock. Took me two tries to get it down though. Be careful if you go with anyone as they'll most likely get ass raped unless you have a healer.

bowen on
    edited December 2008
    And that is why DKs are OP.

bowen on
  • RoanthRoanth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tiger mount from ZG.

The answer is definitely yes for a Protadin. Tankadin.com forum strat section has a thread on killing bloodlord. Basically with some badge gear and dungeon blues a protadin can do all of ZG more or less.

EDIT: Got raptor and tiget mixed up. There is also a thread on the tiger bosses and how to do that (is definitely more difficult)

Roanth on
    edited December 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    A level 70 death knight... on a talbuk.

Who thinks it's a good idea to grind mag'har rep instead of leveling?
    I want to see a DK on a Cenarion War Hippogryph.

SabreMau on
This discussion has been closed.