As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh its payback time, and you're gonna wish you didn't fuck with us.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    So priests will be able to cast levitate on anyone. That's kind of cool. I can't really think of a moment where I'd use it, though.

Now you just need to be able to mount while levitated. And make it castable while mounted.

Oh path of frost, how I love you.

xzzy on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    so now my Rogue will have an even harder time tagging elementals in Wintergrasp wheeee

I wish Fan of Knives had a larger radius than 8 yards

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »
    So priests will be able to cast levitate on anyone. That's kind of cool. I can't really think of a moment where I'd use it, though.

Thaddius. It's not that hard of a jump (unless you lag), but oh god people fucking fail at it.

better start stocking up on light feathers! Or better yet, glyphs of levitate. To the gouge-mobile!

dojango on
  • Options
    MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh its payback time, and you're gonna wish you didn't fuck with us.

Malyonsus on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Engineering also doesn't need any more love, nor really Jewelcrafting, and I don't think Blacksmithing either. Leatherworking needs love. Leatherworking needs it.

Bring back Drums or something Blizzard, you jerks. :x

EDIT: And Tailoring got the fucking carpets! Grumble.

And Alchemy got...the same kind of moneymaking upgrade as before, which while boring is still worthwhile. Plus infinite potions.

Just wanted to include everything.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a question:

I'm using the default UI for my hotbars, but I want to be able to change my form buttons to be macros... Anyone know how to do that?

In other words, I want to make it such that clicking on the "Cat Form" button actually executes a macro.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Rumblegrumble.

In unrelated-but-still-minor complaints, why doesn't the Darkmoon Card: Berserker! have any +STA on it? I guess +105 crit/+105 resilience is nice if you assume constant uptime, but with constant uptime you're not going to live long enough to see much use out of either. I guess it's a great card for a Paladin or a Prot Warrior, but it's sort of trash for any other class, when just some token +STA would have redeemed it.

As it is, I'm sticking with Vengeance and Lunacy for the +51STA each and the meh procs.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Engineering also doesn't need any more love, nor really Jewelcrafting, and I don't think Blacksmithing either. Leatherworking needs love. Leatherworking needs it.

Bring back Drums or something Blizzard, you jerks. :x

EDIT: And Tailoring got the fucking carpets! Grumble.

And Alchemy got...the same kind of moneymaking upgrade as before, which while boring is still worthwhile. Plus infinite potions.

Just wanted to include everything.

Mining has that sweet hp buff and herbalism has the heal.. it makes me invincible! My DK has four hotkeys that will heal him in a pinch.

Plus, the gatherings sell for $texas in the AH so I'm sitting on a pile of money I never imagined I'd have in a game.

xzzy on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So how hard would UD Strat be to solo? I was thinking about having a go at it tonight for the achievement, but my DK is only 71. Would this be a complete exercise in futility?

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have a question:

I'm using the default UI for my hotbars, but I want to be able to change my form buttons to be macros... Anyone know how to do that?

In other words, I want to make it such that clicking on the "Cat Form" button actually executes a macro.

Gah, don't want to get botp'd.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It was fairly easily doable for a bunch of classes at 70 after 3.0, and most of them don't have nearly the survivability that a DK does. I've not tried it with my DK, but I'm sure it's pretty easy.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had a hard time dealing with the groups of trash on my 70 shadow priest pre-Lich King in Stratholme, but I could easily handle individual mobs. Based on what I've seen with my death knight's ability to handle groups, you might be able to handle it.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    gonna go farm a junkbox epic brb

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Which one, the throwing weapon or Krol Blade 2.0? Or The Dusk Blade?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Which one, the throwing weapon or Krol Blade 2.0? Or The Dusk Blade?
    Eh, I'm not picky. Just gonna put it in my bank next to my pile of Darkmoon Cards.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FragtasticFragtastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I'm starting up again with a fresh character. I haven't played since BC came out and I was wondering how much faster levelling up is, or if it's necessary to do the trial account bonus xp trick. Any input?

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You can hit 70 with 3 days /played easily if you use the dual-box method, or you can do it in 5 days /played without. Your call if the 48 hours of in-game time are worth it to you.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You can hit 70 with 3 days /played easily if you use the dual-box method, or you can do it in 5 days /played without. Your call if the 48 hours of in-game time are worth it to you.

So I take that the xp from quests and monsters have been increased to speed up leveling alts? That's what I was hoping for. I don't want to spend as much time as I did on my old main getting up to 70.

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    So how hard would UD Strat be to solo? I was thinking about having a go at it tonight for the achievement, but my DK is only 71. Would this be a complete exercise in futility?

Should be fairly reasonable, my 3.0 druid can solo ramps handily, and by handily I mean I can pull 2 or 3 groups at a time, I don't see any particular reason why UD strat would be so signifcantly worse that you couldn't do it one pull at a time as long as you have a reasonably survivable spec.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    okay so at about 15 silver a mob I'm making a fortune already why have I not done this before

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    fairweatherfairweather OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a question:

I don't believe you can rebind any of the buttons in the class bar. With the default UI you could just put your macros on an action bar and rebind the keys for the class bar to the buttons you have the class bar bound to, but the shape shifting buttons would remain visible in the same position.

I used to replace my class bar with a standard action bar using a bar mod in order to organize them the way I wanted.

fairweather on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Should be fairly reasonable, my 3.0 druid can solo ramps handily, and by handily I mean I can pull 2 or 3 groups at a time, I don't see any particular reason why UD strat would be so signifcantly worse that you couldn't do it one pull at a time as long as you have a reasonably survivable spec.

It was doable in t4 gear for a ret pally pre-3.0.

After 3.0, I 'm pretty sure every class can now solo it at 70, given epics.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The only thing that sucks about soloing Strat is that shitty disease debuff you get from some of the zombies that lasts like 15 or 30 minutes. It's something like 25 STR/STA or something like that, which aren't huge numbers by today's standards, but it still sucks.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

It takes me about 10-15 minutes from the start of the timer until I kill baron. I avoid 99% of the trash if I can and take down a few elites. I get about 100 gold every 2 runs just from vendor trash and bop blues + greens.

I also have been picking up a lot of the dungeon 1 sets.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Thaddius. It's not that hard of a jump (unless you lag), but oh god people fucking fail at it.

I was thinking exactly this. I screwed the jump up during a Thaddius attempt last Naxx 25.

Then three of our healers gibbed themselves while I was running back, so I felt less bad.

Airking850 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If you miss it the first time, you have to be careful, since the debuff doesn't do damage to people with the other debuff, but it instead does damage to people without the same debuff. So thus, it murders pets and people who did not get the debuff.

End on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have a question:

I don't believe you can rebind any of the buttons in the class bar. With the default UI you could just put your macros on an action bar and rebind the keys for the class bar to the buttons you have the class bar bound to, but the shape shifting buttons would remain visible in the same position.

I used to replace my class bar with a standard action bar using a bar mod in order to organize them the way I wanted.

Awesome, that's what I needed to know - thanks!

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you miss it the first time, you have to be careful, since the debuff doesn't do damage to people with the other debuff, but it instead does damage to people without the same debuff. So thus, it murders pets and people who did not get the debuff.

But mostly, it murders the person who missed the jump.

I was under the impression that pets weren't affected by charges, since that would be silly?

Airking850 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I was misremembering I think, actually. My pet fails horribly at doing the jump is why I didn't have him around.

I'll hopefully hit Thaddius tonight though, so I'll get to find out again.

End on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    pets ignore thaddius' debuff, thankfully.

I summoned an uncontrollable ghoul during the fight and he didn't do any charge damage to anyone.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, he won't get charged at all, but the problem is whether he gets hit by other people's charges or not.

End on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, he won't get charged at all, but the problem is whether he gets hit by other people's charges or not.

you can only damage charged targets, as the damage is dependent on them having the opposite charge.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That doesn't quite match what I've seen and it doesn't match the debuff tooltip (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28059). I've seen people who fail at jumping, finally get in, and get insta-gibbed because they didn't have a buff yet.

At least, it's my impression you don't get hit by the charge if you're not on Thaddius's platform... Even if you can, you still need to be careful when you jump in and finally not fail, since I've seen people get insta-gibbed when they got on late.

End on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh!

in that case, it must just ignore pets.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I think you're right about that, and I really hope so since enough stuff murders pets as is, but I still need a way to get my pet to stop failing at pathing. :x

End on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    okay so I've pickpocketed 75g since I started doing this about an hour ago, with a lot alt-tabbing

with the glyphs this is probably actually a pretty sick way of making gold o_O

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    How many epics so far?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh god...2.6 gigs. Man, I wanted to play this afternoon. :(

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    okay so I've pickpocketed 75g since I started doing this about an hour ago, with a lot alt-tabbing

with the glyphs this is probably actually a pretty sick way of making gold o_O
    Where are you pickpocketing? I need coin for my epic flyer and cold weather training, and 75g an hour would be hot-damn-tastic.

Tach on
This discussion has been closed.