As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody Wii (lttp?)

eobeteobet 8-bit childhoodSwedenRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
I just got Magical Melody for the Wii, and before that I only owned two HM games which I barely played at all.

The instruction booklet for the game is absolutely worthless for beginners, but I guess it's OK for people used to the series. The in game tutorials (books) also leave much to be desired, so here goes:

* How do I cook a fish (using the kitchen isn't enough, it seems)?

* How do I put a fish in the fridge? (EDIT: Fish held in the hand can't be put in the fridge... you must have it in your backpack...)

Well, that's my questions for day one. It's day two in the game now, and I'm trying to figure out where the hell my fields are (I picked the river side farm, but it seems to be surrounded by forest, another farm, roads and the river... not at all many fields as the instruction booklet suggested).

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
eobet on

• h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is the Magical Melody game for the Wii the same for the Gamecube?

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You have your choice of three farms when you start: one is aimed at livestock, one is aimed at crops, and one is aimed at hunting/gathering/fishing.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    h8b1llg8ts wrote: »
    Is the Magical Melody game for the Wii the same for the Gamecube?

So I've heard, but with some added motion controls (supposedly fishing, but I haven't discovered it so far).

The graphics received zero polish, though. The "soft shadows" on the ground flickers horribly and the emoticons above the heads of people are horribly pixellated.
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    You have your choice of three farms when you start: one is aimed at livestock, one is aimed at crops, and one is aimed at hunting/gathering/fishing.

I picked the one aimed at crops (I think) but damned if I see any fields around. It's right next door to the competitor guy/girl's farm and he has a huge fenced in field. As does the farm to the south, where you buy seeds.

Day three now. Planted a few potatoes next to the river...

* Since I don't know how to cook the fish, is there a restaurant in the game? (EDIT: Café apparently hasn't opened yet... just got a visit. Also, apparently only some fish can be made into Sashimi... helps to read the flavor text of the item.)

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So early in the game, not all of the kitchen options are available to you. You can buy more at the shop run by Ann and her dad, but to use them all, you'll need to expand your house and buy bigger kitchens from Woody's shop, which will take a lot of time, money, and lumber.

At this point, your best bet is probably the Bonfire. You should have a bonfire kit, use it outside to make a fire and throw the fish into it. Probably won't work on all fish, but a lot of them can be broiled this way.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This game's easy mode:

Buy large amounts of bell peppers. Chop them with your knife set at home. Fry them in a frying pan. PROFIT. Doing this will build you enough money to have cows and several house improvements within the first few days if you want to take that much time.

You'll never worry about money, and then eventually you'll get cows and stuff that make the money faster.

RonaldoTheGypsy on