As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Momentous Occasions: 12/10/2008

13»

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Has Spider-Man stopped being published weekly now? Ive noticed it for a while but ther eseems to not be an online release as often anymore.

It was never weekly, it was and still is 3x a month

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Well thats practically weekly.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My WTF moment of the week was in clone wars #3
    688px-Ashoka.jpg

She's 14.

What the fuck

Bloods End on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    688px-Ashoka.jpg

She's 14.

What the fuck

Yea but that's space 14, not earth 14.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hal Jordan'd hit it.

Munch on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    688px-Ashoka.jpg

She's 14.

What the fuck

Well i guess we'll all find out what its about when the feds arrest us for having clicked that spoiler.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Hal Jordan'd hit it.

Hal Jordan has claimed all space booty in every universe, with the exception of Garona(The most dangerous woman in the Universe) since he don't tap claimed booty.

Transporter on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    688px-Ashoka.jpg

She's 14.

What the fuck

Did they end up killing her after enslavement?
    Please say yes...

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    688px-Ashoka.jpg

She's 14.

What the fuck

Well i guess we'll all find out what its about when the feds arrest us for having clicked that spoiler.

yeah i hope that ben guy didn't check that shit, he's have a fliiip fiiiit

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are all those extra i's supposed to mean anything in particular?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    they indicate the number of flips that will make up his fit

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hated that girl in the Clone Wars movie. It would've been 1000X better without her in it.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I agree, but sadly it looks like the pedophiles have us outvoted on this one.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I nominate her for the poster-child of all that is wrong in Star Wars.
    My only consolation is that she will be killed during Order 66.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well given that she doesn't even get a mention in episode 3 she's probably gonna get a face-saber before then..... Or maybe George will just edit her into the Special edition of the prequels!

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did anyone check out the Wizard of Oz? Skottie Young's art was amazing. Sadly, I only flipped through it. Going to wati and get a trade version, but I was so tempted to pick it up just for the art.

Namor looking like a hobo kind of sort of makes sense because he lost his entire kingdom and most of his people. His life sucks ass right now.

He took his honour guard and went and teamed up with Doom. He's probably just hungover and out of shape from sitting on Doom's couch, eating some hot pockets and drinking beer for the duration of Secret Invasion waiting for Dark Reign to start.

KVW on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Yeah you'd think that but when Episode 7 comes out and she comes out of hiding and it turns out she was the Chosen One all along not Anakin or Luke it'll be so badass for realz.

FOR REALZ.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I actually liked the DR art. I know Namor doesn't look like he normally does, but considering his current position in life, I found it fitting.

Also, on the cover, Loki has rude titties.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I've been working slowly on my stack this week. Just finished Action Comics. It was awesome. Why is Geoff Johns so amazing?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Saph wrote: »
    Sagroth wrote: »
    For those who haven't seen the bad art(and this shouldn't spoil anything, but I'll put it in spoilers anyways:
    namorfw1.jpg
    MV5BMTI3NzU4MjA4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg

Oh no you don't

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Yeah you'd think that but when Episode 7 comes out and she comes out of hiding and it turns out she was the Chosen One all along not Anakin or Luke it'll be so badass for realz.

FOR REALZ.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Luke was actually the Chosen One and not Vader.
    Also if she survives the Jedi Purge I will have to make a fan edit of Clone Wars cutting out everything that doesn't directly involve clone troopers. I still think the series would've been better had they focused on the clones with occasional Jedi appearances.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anakin was the chosen one. He technically restored balance to the force by killing off almost all of the Jedi.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Anakin was the chosen one. He technically restored balance to the force by killing off almost all of the Jedi.

I actually agree with this interpretation myself. Note that there were exactly two surviving Jedi and two surviving Sith in the end. Palpatine/Vader and Yoda/Obi-Wan. There needed to be a cleansing fire for things to grow again, and all that rot.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I actually agree with this interpretation myself. Note that there were exactly two surviving Jedi and two surviving Sith in the end. Palpatine/Vader and Yoda/Obi-Wan. There needed to be a cleansing fire for things to grow again, and all that rot.

The problem with that theory is that is that if I remember correctly, according to the EU, Yoda and Obi-Wan weren't the only two surviving Jedi.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

The problem with that theory is that is that if I remember correctly, according to the EU, Yoda and Obi-Wan weren't the only two surviving Jedi.

The EU is also pretty awful, as it so happens.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Actually he finally balanced it when he killed Palpatine. After that, there was no more organized Sith or Jedi. Of course, the EU makes everything more complicated, but basically both sides had to start over from scratch after that.

Whee nerd arguments

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

The EU is also pretty awful, as it so happens.

Well, I disagree, but this thread is off-topic enough without a Star Wars nerd-off so I'll step away quietly:P

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If it didn't happen in the original trilogy it didn't happen at all.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I must be really slow or something. I didn't ever make the connection that the Hood that was present at the end of SI was the same Hood that's been making random cameos in Daredevil for a while. It wasn't until I read Dark Reign and someone said he's taking over as the new Kingpin that I made the connection.

Has he made appearances in other books besides DD? Because that's the only place I know him from.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I must be really slow or something. I didn't ever make the connection that the Hood that was present at the end of SI was the same Hood that's been making random cameos in Daredevil for a while. It wasn't until I read Dark Reign and someone said he's taking over as the new Kingpin that I made the connection.

Has he made appearances in other books besides DD? Because that's the only place I know him from.

His appearances include the Hood Miniseries, Beyond!, and New Avengers as well.

I wonder if the first two still count, though, since Bendis hasn't referenced the character's personal relationships yet.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have no idea how late I am with this but, shit tit mountian Justice Socitey is awesome right now (always).

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »

His main appearances have been New Avengers.

Scooter on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I agree, but sadly it looks like the pedophiles have us outvoted on this one.
    Hey it wouldn't count as pedophilia because it's just drawn and not a photo of an actual alien child. Haven't you heard?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

FOR REALZ.

Episode 7 would only be good if they followed Timothy Zahn's works.

I'd kill for a faithful adaptation of the Katana Fleet trilogy to the big screen.

Thrawn 4 life!

Edit; my MOTW: finally watching the first two disks of Dexter.

... that's not comic related! Shit!

Ummm, err, Fables 11? That was last week. Scalped? Two weeks ago. Ummm... I got nuttin'.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!