As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Status Quo

2»

• FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why do I feel the words "WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH...ONE...MORE...DAY...?" coming on...

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    we could hammer our heads off a wall all day with that one but i ain't doing that

both mary jane and may have been more plot device than actual fleshed out characters in ASM

mary jane can still be redeemed as a character though

matt fraction made the mary jane/pete relationship have a certain magic to it that hasn't been recaptured since that annual

but by god, if they serve no useful purpose in a story they have no place in it!

may is a crutch

pete is such a goddamn manchild in that he cannot bring himself to make a decision to change his life without her

aunt may fucking ruined the spider-man movies for me

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The problem with May is that nobody can figure out how to write an interesting storyline that prominently features an elderly widow.

Unless that suddenly changes, she's a burden.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The problem with May is that nobody can figure out how to write an interesting storyline that prominently features an elderly widow.

Unless that suddenly changes, she's a burden.

spidey_doc_ock_aunt_may.jpg

Bloods End on
    edited December 2008
    It's too bad the marriage didn't work.

"Uncle Octopus taught me that with great power comes world domination."

Robos A Go Go on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    seriously

i don't say it in jest

you want a change to pete that'd be for the better?

aunt may biting the big one

he is basically an emotional cripple because of her
    I didn't wanna go there, but yeah.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThorionThorion __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    But Aunt May is only 147 years old!

Thorion on
    Wanted for failure to pay
    edited December 2008
    She just needs to be a rare supporting character. Someone Pete can talk to when something big goes down (even this needs to be kept in check so he doesn't go to her every time he stubs his toe), and someone's house to go to on the holidays. Otherwise, save the mandatory once a year storyline where she gets put in peril, she doesn't appear.

Faynor on
    edited December 2008
    You could send her to a retirement home if she wasn't so poor. Damn Parker luck!

Robos A Go Go on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Faynor wrote: »
    She just needs to be a rare supporting character. Someone Pete can talk to when something big goes down (even this needs to be kept in check so he doesn't go to her every time he stubs his toe), and someone's house to go to on the holidays. Otherwise, save the mandatory once a year storyline where she gets put in peril, she doesn't appear.

honestly a visit to her gravestone would fill the same function just as well if not better.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »

honestly a visit to her gravestone would fill the same function just as well if not better.

I'd argue it wouldn't have the same feel for the purpose of Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas festivities ("Hey, Aunt May? Want some Tur- oh yeah. We're talking to your grave. That's like the fourth time I've done that!"), but yeah, if the only option was to have her alive I was just saying that she shouldn't be seen much.

I'd prefer her dead.

Faynor on
    edited December 2008
    i don't give a fuck about holiday dinners. let pete make some friends, for god's sake! let him have a family!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2008
    i don't give a fuck about holiday dinners. let pete make some friends, for god's sake! let him have a family!

He can just have dinner with the Fantastic Four.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2008
    i mean, if holidays are needed, just have pete have a nice dinner and then when he's out on patrol that night, he brings her a turkey sandwitch and leaves it on her grave

"oh, boo hoo, it's just not the same without you, auntmay" wam bam done and done

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Peter has some really stupid priorities. Hot model-actress-wife or old-wrinkley-fossil that's gonna be dead in a year or two anyway. Seriously. Why the hell did he pick Aunt May over MJ. Worst. Decision. Ever.

Lucascraft on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

If only he had, like, a wife and daughter to spend holidays with.

Scooter on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And a brother!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG