As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Painting for roadside hotel rooms (finished pic on 2)

2»

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yaay! It's finally done, the time has come to shower me with praise and tell me how great an artist I have become...now now, no pushing, there are plenty of autographs for everyone!

Bullshit aside, I have to get this printed on monday, so I'm posting it here for any final advise, I only have time for fine tuning so fingers crossed I haven't fucked it up to gratuitously.
    seascapesmlltd3.png

Mustang on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    try making the lighthouse a little darker. your previous version, it looked right, but since you've made a higher contrast background with your latest update, it looks a little flat. the colours havnt changed. so maybe play around with some darker tones to give it a little more depth. Other than that, cool job dude!

30ku3qr.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    seascapesmlltd3.png

mustang_curves.jpg

Any preference? I just did a curves adjustment because i felt it was maybe lacking a little punch, it's kinda pastelly and grey. However, that's sort of what i liked about it in the first place, it felt like a faded photograph. I guess it depends on what your intention was.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ya das ist gut folks. I've re-balanced it as I have the distinct advantage of having everything on seperate layer and I really didn't want the clouds to be blown out. Thought I wasn't quite as heavy handed with the contrast as I'm terrified of how it's going to print out.

So this is it, it's done, finito, can't work on it anymore, and now I'm going to have to live with it forever, which I don't really mind because I'm really fucking bored of it. I've put in a bigger version, which is closer to the size i'll get it printed (if you're at 1280X1024 of course)

Spoilered for H-scroll
    seascapesmllhz8.png

Mustang on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think it looks pretty darn good Mustang!

desperaterobots on