As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial PAX08 DVD - It's Finished!

ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front ProductionsLake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
Update as of 8/6/09
Some time soon, a thread will be started. It involves this project being upgraded for PAX09. Do you want to see the concerts in hi-def? If so, then you're in luck, because this is what we got to work with this year. We'll try not to let you all down. :D

In other news, if anybody wants a copy of this PAX08 project and still doesn't have it, then I may be able to make some to hand out during PAX09. We'll have everything we need in our room at the Hyatt, but I'll get the details on this later.

Anyway, back to the original posting...

The entire Unofficial PAX08 DVD Set is now finished. I hope you all enjoy.

Updated Information, new torrent! (only pertains to the concerts torrent)

As stated in a recent post on the 2nd page, a new torrent has been made and uploaded to a public site with a public tracker. This way you don't all have to rely on me to to be able to download it. I will be dropping the original torrent sometime today which will kill it, so I advise all of you to remove it from your list (make sure to keep the data you've already downloaded!) and download this new torrent, regardless if you're seeding or still downloading. When you run the new torrent make sure to point it to the same (images) folder that you were downloading this too before and it should pick up wherever you left off.

Download the new torrent here. EDIT: Due to a certain "issue," torrent has be re-uploaded to a new location but has not changed. Carry on. :D

About the entire set

Why is this called an Unofficial set? Because there is also a crew working on an official one, and it's going to be much better then ours, and that's one of many reasons we're able to release this entirely for free. The entire set was expected to be 4 parts, on 5-6 disks, however the fourth part will not be released any time soon. It was going to be a section on our group of 7, with footage of ourselves during the weekend of PAX. We have plenty of footage and have already done some rather interesting editing to some of it, but since I am the only person working on it, and I don't have all the footage, I cannot work on this. I will instead be using the time to plan for our PAX09 project. So the first part of the set is the concerts, which fall on two disks. The second part is the Community disk, which really isn't anything special except for the keynote. The third and final section is the Panels disk, with three panels, a Q&A, and the final round of the Omegathon. This DVD set is now finished and released, so I hope you all enjoy it.

Concert Disks

Download .torrent file HERE. I wanted to upload this to a public torrent site but I haven't been able to yet because they apparently don't like people that host their own trackers, which is what I'm doing. So for now it will be hosted on RapidShare. If it doesn't work out, I'll make another torrent on a public tracker, but so far it is working, I have a friend testing it with me. My upload speed is around 6mbp/s so the speed shouldn't be bad, but don't expect it to finish downloading in a short amount of time.. If it doesn't connect right away, give it some time for the tracker to update. More info follows.

The concert disks have been released in a disk image format, downloadable through a torrent. This torrent includes the two DVDs that make up the concert footage we were able to record. Disk one includes Freezepop and Jonathan Coulton, and Disk 2 includes The OneUps and Minibosses. These DVDs are in what I call "Version 2," which basically means the menus and videos are presentable, yet very simple, and nothing special. When the entire set is ready to be released, it will all be in "Version 3," so they will all be in the best quality that we are able to make. Also, FYI, because of certain problems we ran into during the first night, you won't be able to see much during the first part of the OneUps set. We realized too late that our tripod wasn't high enough, and we were finally able to stand it onto a chair "about" 26+ minutes into that set, and it was up for the rest as well as for Freezepop and JoCo, though that did have it's own problems too. When the Minibosses were playing though, the concert hall was open enough where we could set the tripod on the ground in the back and just let it go, it rarely moves at all during that set.

The Oneups, Freezepop, and JoCo have chapter markers in them between each song in case you want to skip to a favorite part, or show something off to a friend that wasn't there. I have also taken the complete set list from each of the three and added them to the end of the clips as credits. Unfortunately, the Minibosses set would be difficult to come up with a set list (at least for me) and even get chapter markers in between the songs. However I have added chapters for that to make it easier to skip through parts of the ridiculously long set, they're about every ten minutes, and they all should be between songs. We are hoping to work on this for Version 3. If anybody downloads this and wants to help with that, as far as giving me a set list of what they played in order, that would help tremendously.

This was also our first time doing anything like this, and it's more of a test run for the years ahead, so don't expect this to be great quality. More on this later...

Community DVD

This disk has been finished and can be downloaded here.

The main reason this disk even exists is because of Chris Taylor's keynote during the Pre-PAX Dinner, which we filmed in it's entirety. The only problem is that he didn't have a microphone so it's kinda hard to hear what's going on sometimes. The only other things I could throw together to fill up space was some random recording we did during the Buttoneer gathering at the Sheraton, the presentation of the button case during the PA Q&A Panel 2, and the showing of VT's Bioware Minion video during the Pre-PAX Dinner, which is also kinda hard to hear. We filmed some other stuff during the Dinner, but it was too much to go through and probably not worth including. Also, the entire PA Q&A Panel 2 will be on our Panels disk, and VT's video should be online somewhere as well. Like I said, this will mostly be for the keynote. I was hoping to include the bad horse clips on here too, but I only have one of them, so there's no point. Now, if somebody has access to those and wouldn't mind contributing, then I would be more then happy to add them to the DVD and re-release it with those on it. Again, don't expect great quality, as this was mostly a last minute project on new equipment that we had little time to test.

Panels DVD

Download the torrent here.

The Panels Disk has been completed, and with that, the Unofficial PAX08 DVD is finished. There was a 4th disk planned, but I currently do not have the footage, and it was kind of a personal thing anyway. As usual, don't expect great quality, but you can expect equal/better then the concerts, which is nice. You know what else is nice? It's in .ISO format! The bad thing is that our camcorder records in 16:9, but I rendered the videos in 4:3, then created the entire DVD in 16:9. Yeah, I know, I fucked up... But it's still not that bad, and I don't really care. Next year, I will worry about it though. Also, I didn't put any audio in the menu, so don't worry about that.

So there are five videos on this disk, which are: 3 Years of Guild Wars panel, Spore Presentation panel, Red vs Blue panel, Penny Arcade Q&A 2, and the final round of the Omegathon. There's a video that plays at the beginning of the Guild Wars panel that can be found on the ArenaNet website, as well as the entire panel as they filmed it themselves. I almost just left this off, but oh well... One of our crew members asked a question during the RvB panel (clip is on YouTube) and they showed, for the first time, an animated clip of Red vs Blue, which we also released on YouTube that night. Hopefully, some of you have seen that, but if not, you will at the end of this panel. The PA Q&A contained the presentation of the custom PAX08 Button Case and the last question was the bad horsing, but unfortunately we ran out of tape just as that was starting and by the time we got a new one in, the panel was over. Most of you should know that there's a clip of that online though. Then of course there's the final round of the Omegathon! That's pretty self explanatory.

As usual, I am seeding every day, but not all day, so if you don't get any connections then don't freak out. Enjoy!

About our group and project, quality disclaimer, etc.

I consider the PAX08 year a test run for our crew. Because of this, do not expect any bit of this entire DVD set to be of great quality. We made many mistakes and could have done some things much better, so think for a second before you decide to criticize us for anything in it. However we can look back at this to make sure none of it happens again, so our future projects can be much better quality. We already have many plans set for PAX09, such as having a second film crew, HD Camcorder, better (and taller!) tripods, and much more. Also, because of the not-so-great quality, we can gladly release the entire set for free when it's ready, at least for digital download. We may release it in disk form at some point, with a selling price no more then production cost, but we might just wait until after PAX09 to do something like that, this really isn't good enough for it. I think that's good for now...

If you want to see a preview of the quality and/or content, you can see clips i have uploaded to my YouTube profile, found HERE.

How this came to be and what we did

This project was actually kind of a last minute thing for us. The whole time we were planning our adventure to PAX08, we wanted to have a camcorder to get some good things. Well, when I was with fellow crew members no more then a couple weeks prior to PAX, we compared a couple camcorders, and decided to pick one up. Rob is the one who bought that, but that's not everything we got that night. We started thinking about recording the whole concerts and panels and stuff like that. Well, since it's a DV Cam, we would need a couple packages of tapes, and we got like three 6-packs of those so we would have plenty for each day. When it got closer to PAX, I realized it might be difficult to record the concerts and panels while holding the camcorder, so I picked up a cheap tripod. It wasn't as tall as we'd like, but without it, and some of these other last minute decisions, we wouldn't have been able to do much of this. So when PAX finally came around, we decided who would be the main camera men, and I ended up doing most of the filming. Because of that, I had a backpack the whole time with a tripod bag attached to it, which was interesting to say the least. Now and the end of each night, back in the hotel room, we would be converting the tapes onto Rob's computer that he brought with him, and that helped a lot. I was able to get some work done on my laptop too, while everybody else was playing Tetris DS, instead of getting what little rest they could before the next day, lol. All in all, it was mostly last minute decisions that started this project, most of it was not planned at all. Now after this is all over, we can begin planning next year, and I won't give any details on that right now, but we have many ideas floating around next year and already making me more excited then ever. We also might want to recruit some people to help out, so if you think you would be interested, let me know.

How to download this! This next part in the spoiler is only for those of you that do not know how to use torrents, and/or mount image files, and other info about downloading. I tried my best to explain. XD
These concert DVDs are in .NRG image format, and downloadable through Bittorrent. For those that are familiar with torrents and already know what to do, then you do not have to read this, because it is an explanation of torrents and mounting/burning images. First thing's first, since torrents are widely used to illegaly distribute content, you should know that they are "in general" safe and legal (well, at least this one is), and a very good and reliable way to share large files. To download something with a .torrent file, you need to use a program to take the torrent and download the files. I suggest "uTorrent" for it's ease of use and the fact that it takes up a little amount of resources as opposed to other programs such as Azureus which uses Java. Now the way torrents actually work is quite amazing and complex, but I'm not going to explain the whole thing, except for the trackers. So for those that know what a tracker is, I am using my own IP for it to make this private. If it doesn't work out or is too slow, I will make a new torrent with a public tracker. My internet speed has recently been increased yet again, so don't worry about me having horrible upload speeds. To be technical, testing shows it to be around 6mbps. Also, the name of the file you see in the program as it's downloading may be "Images," just so you don't get confused, don't worry about it.

Download uTorrent HERE

Now when you are done downloading the files, you will end up with a couple .nrg files. There are many different formats for these, but it's basically an image of a disk, which can be burned to an actual disk, or mounted on a virtual drive. The easier and faster way would be to mount the image to a virtual drive and go from there, but if you don't want the files taking up room on your hard drive, then you may want to burn them to blank DVDs. To burn them you need a burning program such as Nero. Just use an option that would let you burn an image to a disk, if you can't figure it out then look it up. It's really easy to do but I don't want to explain it. Now as for mounting them, you need a program that can make a virtual disk drive. I suggest Daemon Tools, as it's a very small and simple program to use.

Download Daemon Tools HERE

Again, if you know about mounting images, you don't need to read this. Once downloaded and installed (you may have to restart your computer afterwards) run the program, and you should soon see a small red icon in your task bar. Right-click on that, go into Virtual CD/DVD-ROM, then into Set number of devices, and make sure there's at least one drive active, so if Disable is checked, then click on 1 Drive. It should automatically activate one so you may not have to do this. Now left-click on the red icon in the task bar, and you should see two options, one showing Device 0 as being empty. Click on that and a file browser window will pop up. Browse to where you downloaded the .nrg files, select one and click open. That will mount the image, which is pretty much the same as putting an actual disk into your computer. Hopefully a window will pop up shortly, asking what to do. You can open the file in Windows Media Player, VLC, or whatever media player you use that plays DVD's. I don't expect many of you to require any more information past this, if you do you can look it up, or ask.

If you only want one disk and don't want to download the whole thing

Many torrent programs now (including uTorrent) will give you an option for which files you actually want to download from each torrent. For instance, when you download this torrent file and open it, you can check each specific item that you want, and uncheck items you don't want, before you start downloading anything. So you could just download the first DVD, then the second one later if you want.

If there's anything in this post that any of you think should be changed, updated, added, moved, or whatever, let me know (that includes suggestions for a name change of the project). Just remember that this is the first project like this we've worked on, and it's not the final version, I've only got it to a point where it's presentable enough to be released. And like I said before, don't expect this to be great quality, and because this project is dedicated to the PAX community (with a whole disk dedicated specifically to the forumers!) the entire set will be released free of charge. Actually, if any of you guys have interesting videos that you might want us to add to our project, please let me know, we would love to add more things from the community like the badhorse clips and such. I hope you all enjoy, and thanks for being the greatest fucking group of people in the world!

DVD Preview Trailer New!

NSw0gum.png
Coldbrew on

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You're a king among men, I'll try to help seed when I'm done downloading, though I doubt I'll be able to do much more than 25k a sec with my connection.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lol, much appreciated. Sorry to those that already started downloading, I had to cap my upload speed for a few minutes because my bandwidth was just thoroughly raped. :P

It will be back up to full speed really soon.

EDIT: lol as I uncap it i start upping over a meg a second. That was hilarious. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy crap, a brand new thread in the PAX forums!

Also, awesome!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    proXimity wrote: »
    Holy crap, a brand new thread in the PAX forums!

Also, awesome!

Yeah, it's amazing! :O

@Coldbrew: Thanks for putting this up, man. You're awesome.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    [Mr]Skadoosh[Mr]Skadoosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Coming From one of the main Camera personal from this video
    i saw alot i can work on when we were just uploading the raw footage
    and for next years Camera
    HD is a most defiantly
    and image Stabilization

And hey
    if ya see us walking around next year
    we hope to be doing a whole bunch of random interviews
    they will make it into the DVD in bits and peices
    we are just trying to expand all the footage we had
    and get even more for next year

and my appoligies go out in advance to The editing crew
    i wana have twice the number of hours of footage that we had this year
    that will be just by my one camera
    and sense we have 2 cams walking around
    wow
    sorry boys of the Editing room

if any of you out there on the forums have an idea
    shoot it at me
    i wana keep me and my stooge with the other cam busy for as much of the 72 hours as possible

one cam will go to EVERY panel and wander the game rooms
    the other cam will wander the Expo hall and hopefully be able to get inside the tourneys
    (tourney interviews = win)

hit us up with ideas for next year
    and i hope to see you all there

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    [Mr]Skadoosh[Mr]Skadoosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »

EDIT: lol as I uncap it i start upping over a meg a second. That was hilarious. :P

and i will start to upload as i get it DLed

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lol enter Wes, the other main camera man, and valuable asset to our crew. (nice sig btw :D)

It's too early right now to know what we'll actually do for PAX09, but our early ideas would include having a 2nd or maybe even 3rd camera crew, and it would most definitely involve interviewing attendees as well as game devs and maybe enforcers (except BigRed :P) We really want to make a quality product next year, and get a bunch more footage as well, but we don't want to record too much for it to be overwhelming for whoever is editing. I know I will be an editor, I'm the main one for this project right now. Rob has done some work, but keeps saying he doesn't have time to work on it so I've pretty much taken it over and doing what I can.

And yes if anybody has suggestions for us for next year or might want to join our crew (we might want to recruit people to help out) then let us know. Like I said it's too early to know right now, but everything helps, especially for a project dedicated to the community that we want released as soon as possible. I also added a new section to the OP, it kinda relates to this.

Also, sorry if anybody's download speed drops temporarily, it's raping my bandwidth like there's no tomorrow, I can't even refresh this page without capping it. Rob should be done seeding soon though, and that will help out a lot. And as far as finishing the rest of the set, I shouldn't have any problem finishing the Community DVD and Panels DVD within this month, but the one on our group might not be until next month, simply because I don't have most of the footage for it, and there's a lot to go through for that lol. So if we don't have a better way of distribution for the whole set by the time February rolls around I will probably be giving out disk copies of it at our next LAN, which you're all always welcome to come to. Maybe we'll have a forumer gathering about the time it's all done and I'll give it out there too, idk. So anyway...

Thanks for your support guys, and hopefully we can distribute this quicker and easier next time. Suggestions on that would be appreciated. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's awesome, well done! I'll have to snag it =)

EDIT: Grabbing it now, I'll help seed it once it's done. Got to spread the love. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That's awesome, well done! I'll have to snag it =)

EDIT: Grabbing it now, I'll help seed it once it's done. Got to spread the love. =)

much appreciated, though it could take a while to fully download. It does look like there's another seed now though (probably Rob because he started long before anybody else) so hopefully that will help out. I've also updated my previous post, FYI.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Excellent! The torrent will, indeed, torrent! =);)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    I'm certain it is impossible for even two cameras to go to every panel, given how many are scheduled simultaneously.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    On the dvd itself, whenever it comes out, did you get any of the bad horsings?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    True.

OH! And Moe, I have to PM you, I totally forgot about the card game after I moved. It's like moving reset my brain, I need to get back into it. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    On the dvd itself, whenever it comes out, did you get any of the bad horsings?

haha. i finally got to watch dr horrible's sing along blog a couple weeks ago and can now finally laugh at those! i'd love to see a high quality recording of them.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I do have one of the bad horse clips, but need to contact whoever has the rest and see if we could get them on there. We'll also take other clips that you guys might have..

Also, Moe, don't listen to everything he says lol, I never planned to get every panel next year, I'm not even sure if we would want to, but we'll figure it out when the time comes.

Seems like there's 3 seeds now! We'll hopefully have a better way to do this when the set is done so it doesn't take as long. But hey, it's free. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I know some of the Bad Horse clips were done by the official DVD crew, and are only for release on the official DVDs. You might be able to find partial clips (with the beginning missing) of several of the others, but they're not that great of quality as far as i know.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    well they're pretty much all up on youtube or a similar site, but I thought HotSake and a couple other forumers were part of it all? I dunno...

it kinda sucks because we were filming the 2nd Penny Arcade Q&A but had to change tapes right when they bad horsed Mike and Jerry, and I didn't realize what was going on at the time, but after I saw the clip online I was pissed. lol :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    HotSake, JonnyNero, prox and ClickPicTony (may or may not be on the forums, but he rode on on CCST with Jonny) were the bad horsers. However, since they were doing it, I don't think they managed to video record themselves.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Well there's 5 clips of them online, the only one I actually have is the one with Adam Sessler, which HotSake sent to me a while back. Not sure who has the rest, I wonder if I should ask the uploaders, one of them is cuzza...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I know MetaverseNomad did the JoCo one, JonnyNero should have the original of the Felicia Day one, CuZZa has the Mario/Luigi one, ThatSpoonyBard has the second Felicia day, and I dunno about the guy who did the PA Panel one.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HicksHicks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We have several of the bad horsings in 480p.

Hicks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hicks wrote: »
    We have several of the bad horsings in 480p.

Yo Hicks! I was gonna ask you about that, but if they're exclusively for the Official DVD then that's okay too. We've been wanting to get the clips from the beginning, so we could at least have some material on here that isn't ours. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    HotSake, JonnyNero, prox and ClickPicTony (may or may not be on the forums, but he rode on on CCST with Jonny) were the bad horsers. However, since they were doing it, I don't think they managed to video record themselves.

Jonny had that camera that he was recording with in Fargo though, right? I could have sworn he said that he had someone to record them.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i've started downloading it, but i won't be able to file share for more than the next day or two until i go home and i probably won't get it all done. i'll see if a neighbor back home has an unsecured wireless network when i go back this weekend.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That's fine, don't expect it to finish very quickly anyway, there still seems to be only 3 seeds. I've uncapped my speed as best I can, so hopefully some more will finish is pretty soon.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i currently see 3 seeders and it appears each is sharing just over 1 kb/s. well, on average, anyway. estimated finishing time: 14 days, 10 hours. ouch.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yea idk wtf is goin on... i'll probably have to make a new torrent today with a public tracker

EDIT: Had to restart it and looks like only a few re-connected, you all might just need to manually update the tracker, or something. I did start uploading again though, because a few minutes ago nothing was happening. Oh well, this is still mostly a test, we shouldn't have these problems when the rest of the set is out.

EDIT2 (lol): More are re-connecting, see 5 seeds now, and a couple im uploading to look like they're close to being done.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    says theres 5 seeders now, it will speed up, just wait.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been seeding for the past day or so at about 80-90K.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    wow BigRed, are you actually downloading it? :P

anyway i'm currently showing somebody at like 99.7% (EDIT: now another seed :D
    and thanks for seeding too, much appreciated. mom's been yelling at me cuz we have no bandwidth, its kinds funny, but it's nice to have other seeders now. If we decide to do the same thing for distributing the rest of the set, i'll make sure to get a couple friends/crew members to seed the files along with me before it's released to get a good start.

im also kinda anxious to see how the Official DVD is gonna look, at least for the concerts, but... for those that have finished downloading this, has anybody watched any of it yet? just curious... you can tell me it sucks idc lol :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aye, my march to seederdom was stopped for a while because the big ice storm out here knocked out power for a day or so.

I'm back to downloading and approaching the ability to seed though! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    why wouldnt I download it?

Although if its too terrible quality I wont watch much of it :P Ill still seed it though for everyone else.

im almost done with my download.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    swphreakswphreak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was getting some decent speeds Fri/Sat averaging about 45KB/s upload, but I had to power down last night. Now uTorrent is saying there's no incoming connections. I've checked port forwarding etc. It's going to take 7 hours @ 30KB/s.

How about an Unofficial PAX08 DVD label?

swphreak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BigRed wrote:
    Although if its too terrible quality I wont watch much of it :P

Well I do believe it is good enough to be watchable, but like I've said before, don't expect this to be a quality product. Everything we did was based on last minute decisions, and we ran into many problems. Personally, I'm most impressed with how the audio turned out then anything else. Just remember the camera is pretty jumpy for the first (about) 26 minutes of the OneUps set because we didn't have it on the tripod right away, and even afterward it wasn't high enough. Then for the rest of that set (and through Freezepop and JoCo) we still couldn't keep it very stable, and it just moved more then we wanted it to, but it still turned out "okay."
    swphreak wrote:
    How about an Unofficial PAX08 DVD label?

I'll be working on labels soon, don't worry, but since the project isn't finished yet I didn't put priority on them. However if anybody wants to whip up something for us that would be cool too. I was thinking of doing something similar to the Official PAX07 DVD's, at least having the same or similar image for each disk, then making a cover for a case.

Urgent Info! (added to OP) Updated: Torrent has been re-uploaded to a new location, nothing to worry about.

Also, fellow crew member/editor Rob has made a new torrent and uploaded it to a public site, so you don't have to rely on me to download it. Both of us will still be seeding it, of course, but I advise all of you to simply remove the original torrent from your list (make sure to keep the data you've already downloaded!) and grab this new torrent, regardless if you're seeding it or still downloading. Link the new torrent to the same (images) folder you had it downloading to before, and it should continue where you left off.

Download the new torrent here. Oh, and don't worry about the description, I'm gonna try and have him update that. I'll give you guys time to switch torrents, but probably sometime today or tonight I'm going to drop my original one. This will help anyway, as some of you local's know we just got a load of snow dumped on us and the electricity situation is a little unreliable, and if my power were to go out, the torrent would die. And yes that means the original torrent is going to die when I drop it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Now you kids play nice. I want to see you two give each other a big hug when we get to PAX next year, okay? No cookies for either of you until then. ;)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »

Download the new torrent here. Oh, and don't worry about the description, I'm gonna try and have him update that. I'll give you guys time to switch torrents, but probably sometime today or tonight I'm going to drop my original one. This will help anyway, as some of you local's know we just got a load of snow dumped on us and the electricity situation is a little unreliable, and if my power were to go out, the torrent would die. And yes that means the original torrent is going to die when I drop it.

how do you do that with azureus?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Seconded. I've never swapped from one torrent to another mid-download.

EDIT: OP mentions this, as long as the new torrent points to the exact same save location, it should work fine (after a brief verification step) apparently. It's working over here at least =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm not sure with Azureus, but in uTorrent (they are pretty similar) you can just right-click the file and then click remove, then when you add the new torrent just point it to the same exact folder. It will take time to verify the files are the same, then it should just continue on.

So yeah VT you pretty much got it spot on! Sorry for not explaining it here lol. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    damn, mine doesn't do that, it tries to start over from nothing, and i had over 1 gb downloaded. that sucks.

[edit] nvm, got it. i am used to just opening the torrent file directly and having it load into the program, but in order to change trackers, i had to do the opening it from within the program and manually choosing the directory.

[edit 2] ok, new problem. the files are .nrg format. now, that's a disc image format, right? well, I don't have an optical drive in my macbook, does anyone know how to mount a virtual disc image on a mac harddrive?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yes .nrg is a disk image format, that's just the format that Nero uses, but it's pretty basic.

I think there is a mac version of Daemon Tools, though I'm not sure, and I wouldn't know how it works. I'm sure it's not very difficult, I'll try to look it up...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.