As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Navigate the Conversation Sea on a [Chat]amaran

TamTam Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Artist's Corner
Grifter made me do it!

Tam on

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wait, is this pun not an allusion/reference to anything?

D:

[edit] Way to fail at holiday spirit, duh Tam.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OH SHIT I WAS LIKE 30 MINUTES TOO LATE

OH SNAP IT'S PAGE ONE

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Wait, is this pun not an allusion/reference to anything?

D:

[edit] Way to fail at holiday spirit, duh Tam.

Man, fuck Saturnalia, or whatever it is you people call it. My my boating metaphor is off the chain.

Sorry, ND, Grifter made me do it.

Tam on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    So...... I had a dream last night that I finished eating and I went to put my bowl in the sink and there was a fighting fish just hanging out in there. The fighting fish was in a bowl of dirty water, looking kinda sluggish. I rinsed the bowl out and filled the sink, and it revived the fish but started jumping out of the sink. And Singing. It was saying that it wanted to die doing cool flips rather than being boring in the water. I had to convince it it could do it in the water and not kill itself.

So... I prevented a fish from committing suicide in my dream. What the hell.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Iruka wrote: »
    So...... I had a dream last night that I finished eating and I went to put my bowl in the sink and there was a fighting fish just hanging out in there. The fighting fish was in a bowl of dirty water, looking kinda sluggish. I rinsed the bowl out and filled the sink, and it revived the fish but started jumping out of the sink. And Singing. It was saying that it wanted to die doing cool flips rather than being boring in the water. I had to convince it it could do it in the water and not kill itself.

So... I prevented a fish from committing suicide in my dream. What the hell.

It means you're Jesus

Tam on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    I was hoping it was just some free dream good karma. Like "You saved an a imaginary fish in your subconscious, so today you get free ice cream"

Something to that effect.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Iruka wrote: »
    I was hoping it was just some free dream good karma. Like "You saved an a imaginary fish in your subconscious, so today you get free ice cream"

Something to that effect.

Karma's fake

believe me, I used to be a Hindu

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Singing fish?!

I had a talking mouse once. I had to chase it around the city and stop it from getting away, but also protect it from cats and police officers.

What I really hate, and am really surprised by lately, are all these dreams of really cool, happy things happening, because they're the sort of things that never have actually happened and it makes me feel like if I'm dreaming them, they're even more impossible. Isn't that a great outlook?

Then there's also the waking up and being like "Wow, awesome, none of that actually happened. *cry*"

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    She should get free ice cream regardless. We all should. I can't think of one good reason I'm not getting free ice cream right now. Somebody needs to be held responsible.

TheBog on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Still no electricity in my town. It's bullshit.

Finally had to come to my sister's house so that I could shower. I'm usually the first to embrace grubbyness, but I just couldn't do it anymore.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I know what you mean. I had a dream once where I was applying myself, managing my time, and being sociable. But then I woke up, and to my dismay, I found I was still a lazy, frivolous, coward.

Tam on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I usually have dreams with me being around people, and I sometimes wake up goinggggg. "meh"

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I once had a dream where I was a cockroach and then turned into a man. That man was Frank Kafka. Ok, that didn't really happen.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I had a dream once where I was applying myself, managing my time, and being sociable. But then I woke up, and to my dismay, I found I was still a lazy, frivolous, coward.

My dreams accurately depict me as a loner who doesn't interact with much, so I guess I don't have that problem.

The problem I do have right now though is my knee being a real bitch for no readily apparent reason. I'm afraid to sit down because I know it's going to suck ass to stand back up again. :x Fuck you, knee! I didn't do anything to you, I always treated you right.

Hooray for no health insurance.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Your knee is enraged by you ignoring my clear and easy to read advice, obviously. Because I know how much you can read my stuff.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nobody else gets night terrors here? eh? eh?
    *sigh*

seriously I could write horror films with this shit

lyrium on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

My dreams accurately depict me as a loner who doesn't interact with much, so I guess I don't have that problem.

The problem I do have right now though is my knee being a real bitch for no readily apparent reason. I'm afraid to sit down because I know it's going to suck ass to stand back up again. :x Fuck you, knee! I didn't do anything to you, I always treated you right.

You should move to Canadia where they have free healthcare
    I once had a dream where I was a cockroach and then turned into a man. That man was Frank Kafka. Ok, that didn't really happen.

That sounds more like Franz Kafka to be honest.

lyrium: I've had a few.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I did have a dream a long time ago when I was depressed where there was a horrendous screaming, then a face started emerging from a pool of blood and screamed at me to end my pursuits or regret my future. Then, it started showing me images of things I prefer not to explain. And spiraled out of the pool directly at me, then I woke up.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cabin fever. I got it.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Cabin fever. I got it.

Go outside and talk to people.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The issue for him I beleive was there was no one. Around him, to talk to.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Cabin fever. I got it.

Go outside and KILL people.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    All the people I would go outside to talk to are gone. Except the crazy homeless townies.

I don't want to talk to Tanner...he carries a knife.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hope people are filling out their "Evidence that I am not a spammer or robot:" in their profiles. I just entered my evidence.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh god, I've been found out.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I want it.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    is... that a panda seal?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yay!

Being insurance-less is scary - I needed 6 stitches because I split my hand open and it was $300 dollars - I fear a serious accident now.

Virum on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sounds like a job for super glue.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks like I unintentionally pissed off some people when playing Brawl.

I was rockin' a Luigi and I kept winning, even though I haven't played in months. Apparently these guys play all the time and didn't like the idea of being beaten by a scrub playing Luigi out of all characters.

After a few rounds I just passed my controller to someone else.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Those people are dumb, Godfather.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    One conversation highlight:

Me: "I like Charizard"

Other Guy: "I like to beat you with Charizard"

:|

Godfather on
  • Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think that Panda dog is a chow. My first dog was a chow, and she was awesome. She lived to be pretty old. They're mean if you're not their family, but otherwise they're awesome, for instance, when I was about 4, I fed her a jellybean, my mom saw this and started freaking out, and I promptly stuck my hand into her scary dog mouth and pulled it out, without her caring at all.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That was my thought Arremer. I was actually about to say how I want a Chanda. Chow's can be awesome dogs if you keep them around a lot of people... I got bit by one when I was little though. Evil dog.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They're freaking awesome, especially if you live in Flint like we did. Nothing like a huge scary dog who hates everybody lying next to you at night.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Looks like I unintentionally pissed off some people when playing Brawl.

I was rockin' a Luigi and I kept winning, even though I haven't played in months. Apparently these guys play all the time and didn't like the idea of being beaten by a scrub playing Luigi out of all characters.

After a few rounds I just passed my controller to someone else.
    Something similar happened to me. I went to a "video game party" and I had only played brawl once in my life, and they gave me the wiimote without the analog stick and I still beat them all a few times. I think they were a little more focused on each other than me though. I'm really not very good.

I am so happy this guy on my floor has a Wii. I am so going to beat Super Paper Mario next semester.

I just watched this really, really bad movie Beau Travail for the third time because I have to write a term paper on it. I wrote a 5 page summary as I watched it. This horrible movie is now forever a part of me.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    rhequiemrhequiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lyrium wrote: »
    *sigh*

I have had night terrors before, lyrium. I feel you.. Some freaky, intense stuff.

rhequiem on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    rhequiem wrote: »
    lyrium wrote: »
    *sigh*

I have had night terrors before, lyrium. I feel you.. Some freaky, intense stuff.

I kinda wish I would have some kind of dream... Mostly, i just get darkness. The only "dreams" I get are little snippets of bland daily happenings that, 3 weeks later make me go "Whao shit, that was just like that dream I had..."

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    What about Sleep Paralysis?

Nasty mother fucker right there.

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.