As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Used PC games in Seattle area?

Peter PrinciplePeter Principle Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Are there any stores that sell used PC games in the greater Seattle area? (I've already tried CL to find the game I'm looking for, D2:LOD, no one currently has a copy on there for sale).

"A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer, _The True Believer_
Peter Principle on

• Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are there any stores that sell used PC games in the greater Seattle area? (I've already tried CL to find the game I'm looking for, D2:LOD, no one currently has a copy on there for sale).

I'd buy that one new. With a used one, you probably won't have access to battle.net. Amazon has LoD for $12 and the battle chest for $20. You can probably also find it at Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    theclam wrote: »

I'd buy that one new. With a used one, you probably won't have access to battle.net. Amazon has LoD for $12 and the battle chest for $20. You can probably also find it at Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.

I'm not worried about getting on battlenet, and I'm superbroke right now so I need to avoid spending $40 if I can. Of course, I'd also like to get ahold of a copy asap.

Peter Principle on
    "A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer, _The True Believer_
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Download it from the Blizzard store for 20 bucks.

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000048

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Half-Price Books is the only one I can think off of the top of my head.

evilmrhenry on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Christ, that's tempting. My desire to eat is battling with my desire to game...

Peter Principle on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Half-Price Books, Gamestop, Electronics Boutique, and Babbage's all sell used PC games.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Half-Price Books, Gamestop, Electronics Boutique, and Babbage's all sell used PC games.

Gamestop, EB Games, and Babbage's are all the same company now, and none of them sell used PC games.

evilmrhenry on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gamestop, EB Games, and Babbage's are all the same company now, and none of them sell used PC games.
    I'm aware that they're all owned by the same company, now, but I was just in one a few months ago and they were totally selling used PC games. Is that a new thing?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm aware that they're all owned by the same company, now, but I was just in one a few months ago and they were totally selling used PC games. Is that a new thing?

o_O Gamestop's never sold used PC games, EB stopped when they got acquired by Gamestop, and I don't think Babbage's sells them. What branding was the store under, and what location?

evilmrhenry on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I just called the Gamestop, Gamecrazy and EB Games near where I live, and they were all "Nuh-uh" to the used game question.

No matter, I just bought it off Blizzard. I'm sure there's plenty of good food in the dumpsters around here.

Peter Principle on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In the future, if money's pretty tight, you might look into goozex too

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

None of the Gamestops I've been to recently have had used PC games. Hell, they barely have new PC games anymore.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DRM killed the resale market.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]