Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Star Wars: Project Warlord

ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regularRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Critical Failures
CRITICAL FAILURES PUBLISHING PRESENTS

650px-StarWarsOpeningLogo.svg.png
PROJECT: WARLORD

It is a time of strife in the galaxy. The GALACTIC REPUBLIC is being torn apart by INDECISION and CORRUPTION. The JEDI KNIGHTS, protectors and defenders dedicated to the cause of JUSTICE, are spread thin.

In a surprising turn of events, the INTERGALACTIC BANKING CLAN, who had supported the greedy TRADE FEDERATION'S blockade of the planet NABOO, has extended a hand in diplomacy towards the REPUBLIC, requesting that Jedi Ambassadors meet with them to discuss a potential alliance. . .

--

Over the planet Bespin, a small Republic Shuttle docks with the Intergalactic Banking Clan Frigate Pride of Commerce.

Five Jedi step from the shuttle after the docking procedures have been completed. A gleaming protocol droid steps forward alongside a few strange aliens with high foreheads and sallow skin. They are Muun.

"Greetings, most honored representatives of the Republic. We thank you for meeting with us on such a short notice."

"Indeed," replies Master Tholme, the most high-ranking of the five. "When it comes to deals with an esteemed organization such as the Banking Clans, no expense must be spared," he says, his tone cordial.

"Yes, of course. You do us a great service," the Muun says, bowing. "Please, come with us," he says, flanked by several B-1 battle droids and more mundane protocol droids. "We will show you to the negotiation room and then our Viscount will see you personally."

ArcanisTheImpotent on
«1

Posts

  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tholme bowed his head respectfully, and led the Padawans and Knights to the negotiation room. The knights observed that he walked slightly ahead of the protocol droid, as though he already knew the location.

    There were comfortable seats around the room's large ebon table, inset with various computer consoles, and (no doubt very expensive) artifacts from around the galaxy lay within glass cases hanging upon the walls. Beyond the thick durasteel windows the planet Bespin could be seen, its winds tracing whorls of color through its dense atmosphere.

    "Do not let your minds wander, Jedi." said Tholme, sternly. "This is a precarious situation. The IG Banking Clan are calculating and clever. They have joined the Separatists already, but may betray them if it is to their advantage. It is to the Republic's advantage if they join us, because they are likely to have detailed information about the Separatist's current military capability and strategies. The Republic can certainly offer them a deal that they may accept... but we cannot be too trusting."

    There was a pause as he sized up the two younger Jedi.

    "Padawans: what is the Jedi Code?"

    The two began to recite it in unison.

    "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is..."

    "Why?"

    "Excuse me, Master?" asked one of them.

    "You just stated that there is no emotion, and that there is only peace. Explain to me why this is true."

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The Ithorian Padawan spoke up immediately in response to Master Tholme's question, his voice trilling in the typical style of his species, "I believe there is emotion, Master." He paused, gauging the Jedi's reaction before continuing on, "It would be impossible for any creature - Jedi or no - not to feel. Being at peace is simply not letting our emotions rule us." Oratal's gaze doesn't break away as he finishes speaking, as if he's waiting for approval.

    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "Almost."

    The padawan's two mouths sighed a bit of a relief.

    "Indeed, we Jedi do feel emotions, as do all sentient beings. We know joy, we know fear... we know anger. But emotions are fleeting. They arise and in time they pass. As Jedi, we train ourselves not to attach to them. We feel, but are not consumed by our emotions. Emotions are like all the crude matter of the universe: Impermanent. In the great history of things, we are so fleeting, it as if we do not exist. This is why it is said "there is no emotion".

    "Among the storm of all phenomena that rise and fall, even that of our own bodies, there exists only one thing that is truly eternal. The Force. It can only be found in stillness, when we have seen beyond attachment and posession, beyond life and death... even beyond good and evil.

    "Attachment is forbidden. But connection... connection is absoutely necessary. Connection to the Force, to your fellow Jedi, and to all living things. This is the path to the Force... the path of the Jedi."

    Tholme paused... focusing not on the room but feeling the moment, the world around him.

    "Someone has a question?"

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeka's eyes wandered across the room, from artifact to artifact, wall to wall. She considered the chairs, but wasn't going to be the first to be seated. Oh no. Not this time.

    Someone has a question? Yeka looked around. She was pretty sure it wasn't herself. Questions? No questions. There are no questions, there is the Force, the girl idly considered.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "You have taught your Padawans well, Knights. They are inquisitive and observant. Orotal thinks upon what he has been taught, and Yeka minds her surroundings... somewhat. But remember they are still young, and that your connection to them is at its most important stage.

    "Young ones can be impulsive with their power. Teach them always to examine their own merits just as you do... for one day they shall be Knights themselves, and the decisions they make shall shape the fate of the Republic. I failed to do this with my first Padawan... take care that you do not repeat my mistake."

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kareith nods at Tholme's words , "That is good to hear, Master Tholme. I have tried to teach Yeka as well as Master Kolar taught me."

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The corner of Dai's lip twitched momentarily into a grin as his padawan ventured forth an answer to Master Tholme's question. The boy was certainly thoughtful, contemplative. It served him well, as long as he remained mindful of the present.

    He sobered as his own master's expression darkened as he mentioned his first padawan, Quinlan Vos.

    "Thank you for your kind words, Master Tholme. I do try to keep young Orotal on as tight a leash as you kept me." Dai clasped his padawan's shoulder briefly and offered a small smile. He regarded Tholme again, lowering his voice as he spoke. "This situation is remarkably similar to the one that Master Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi found themselves in with the Trade Federation, according to Kenobi's report to the Council. Would the Separatists be foolish enough to attempt the same trick twice?"

    Dai scanned the room, looking for any evidence of surveillance equipment or anti-personnel security systems.
    Perception: 1d20 11=12

    First roll of the game, off to our customary start. :x

    mightyspacepope on
    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "I do not find the similarities remarkable, Dai. I find them coincidental. There are a great many differences between the IG Banking Clan and the Trade Federation. The Federation indeed made a mistake... and when their mentally unstable Viceroy panicked, they assaulted two skilled Jedi and invaded a planet they had illegally blockaded. And, I might add, were defeated by a scant volunteer security force and poorly-equipped Gungans.

    "The Banking Clan is not nearly so blundering, foolish or unprepared. Their chairman, San Hill, is one of the most formidable intellects to be found in this Galaxy. They seek to play a dangerous political situation to their advantage. To what advantage, I am not yet prepared to surmise.

    "However, you have made one correct observation. If their intention is not to conduct respectful negotiations with the Republic... inviting five Jedi aboard their ship was a great miscalculation."

    Dai saw a familiar-looking twitch of Tholme's brow. It was the only "tell" he had ever observed in the man.

    "A miscalculation that they may have made... I sense a disturbance in the Force."

    As the Knights and Padawans began to move toward their sabers, Tholme held up a hand and spoke slowly, his gravely voice bringing a unique stillness to the room.

    "Calm yourselves. We are Jedi. We do not provoke confrontation... we prepare for it."
    Tholme readies an action to draw and ignite his saber should he see hostiles when the door opens.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As Master Tholme gave cautionary words to the young Jedi accompanying him, the door opened and an electrum-plated 3P0 protocol droid stepped in. "If you would please follow me esteemed guests, I will escort you to San Hill so that the negotiations may commence."

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "Are the negotiations not to take place here, in this illustrious negotiation room?"

    INeedNoSalt on
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dai waited for his master to respond to the droid. For now, he kept his wits about him and opened himself to the flow of the Force.

    True, the IGBC may have learned from the Trade Federation's mistakes. That might mean they're not foolish enough to try a similar stunt. On the other hand, it might mean that they've formulated a better plan.

    mightyspacepope on
    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oratal never moves for his lightsaber with the others, his hands remaining casually at his sides. I don't think keeping your hand on your gun is any way to avoid confrontation, he thinks. Still, he emulated his Master and kept his eyes sharp for the first sign of trouble. If he could not avoid it then he could surely put it to a quick end.

    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tholme pointed a finger at the Togruta.

    "Mind your manners, Padawan. It reflects poorly upon your Master when you fail to show respect."

    The Jedi Master turned back to the protocol droid.

    "Forgive the young one's rudeness. Of course. We will be happy to accompany you."

    Tholme nodded to the knights and padawans as if to follow, but his grim countenance clearly communicated that they should be ready to defend themselves. He was the first to stride out into the hallway beyond with the droid.
    Tholme can't fail a sense surroundings check, so...

    Perception 1d20 19=29

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kareth frowns at Yeka. As the five jedi walk from the room, he steps alongside Yeka, in a low voice he says, "Biting sarcasm is not the Jedi way. If the Banking Clan wants to have us come to them, then making pithy observations will not help. A little stroll does us no harm."

    Kareth pauses at the door and waits for the rest of the group to file through before following. After all, someone has to watch the rear. Just in case.

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "Right this way please," the droid said pleasantly. It began to escort Tholme down the hall, whose hawkish eyes were scanning around warily. He stopped, pushing the droid behind him, pulling his lightsaber from his belt.

    "Master Tholme?" Dai asked, and then he heard what Tholme had sensed.

    The unmistakable clanking steps of battle droids as a veritable army of them soon filled the hallways.

    "Oh dear!" said the protocol droid as the super battle droids in the front extended the blasters from their arms.

    The hallway filled with a storm of blaster fire and the reek of spent tibanna gas.
    Oh shit.

    Roll for initiative.

    MAP:
    aqmus.jpg

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "Handle the ones behind us... I'll take the ones ahead. Padawans, stay close to your masters. Do it!"
    Initiative 1d20 8=21

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeka yanks her lightsaber from her belt, and before anyone else is prepared to react to the hail of fire, her weapon ignites in a bright blue beam.
    Drawing a weapon annnd... readying a charge should a target move within charging distance of Yeka in a square directly to her south.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dai reacted to his former master's words quickly, heading back down the hallway to block the droids' flanking maneuver. "Oratal, follow me!"

    He turned down one of the corridors and slammed his hands out toward the coming attackers. A compressed wave of Force energy blasted them, sending them all toppling backward, except for a lone B1 battle droid near the back of the hallway who appeared to be trembling.

    Dai raised an eyebrow at the droid, his lekku twitching slightly in amusement.

    Move: 6 squares so that I'm 2 squares to the right of (d4)
    Standard: Force Slam
    1d20 18=35, 4d6=16
    This knocks down all the robits on the hallway, minus one B1 near the back. All the B1's except that lucky chap are destroyed, while the B2's take 16 points of damage and are knocked prone.

    mightyspacepope on
    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Reacting to the ambush. Kereith is reaching for his saber when he feels Dai run past and senses him strike through the Force. He calls to Yeka, "Stay back for now. If you see an opening though..."

    Kereith runs to the other corridor, dodging laser bolts from the droids. Reaching his target, he deflects the blaster arm of a B2 as it fires with one hand and uses the other to direct a blast of Force energy down the hallway. The wave of telekinetic energy leaves the B2 battle droids severely damaged and destroys all of the smaller B1's. Kereith begins to relax until he sees that the wave missed a lone B2. The heavy droid is pointing his blaster arm at Kereith's chest.

    "Oh. missed one." he grabs for his lightsaber, but he knows he won't reach it before the droid fires.
    Move: Move to square in front of e3
    Tumble to avoid AOO: 1d20+11=27
    Standard: Force Slam: 1d20+15=23
    Hit. Damage: 4d6=18

    B1's destroyed. B2's take 18 and knocked prone.

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeka groans and flips her lightsaber down. She shifts from a combat-ready stance to a relaxed, casual stance.

    She's still ready if anyone starts blasting at her, but if she's going to stay back, then she'll make herself the least threatening of the Jedi arrayed.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tholme backed up, taking a place behind the droid. The lightsaber flashed to life in his hand.

    "Yeka, stop dawdling! I said stay close to your master... go!"

    He grabbed the back of the 3P0 droid's casing with his off-hand and held his saber arm up, angling the blade over the droid's shoulder.

    "Droid... you will stay right here or I'll scrap you."
    I'm just going to assume Salt just delayed his actions.... so now he should take them! Anyway... Move: Get behind droid. Swift: activate lightsaber. Free: tell Yeka to skedaddle so she doesn't have tens of droids firing at her next round. Standard: Grab Droid 1d20 15=17

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oratal is on the heels of his Master, but chooses a defensive stance over drawing his lightsaber. His hand hovers over it, however, waiting for the right opportunity.
    MOVE: 2 down, 4 down-left so I'm right below Dai
    STANDARD: Fight Defensively = Reflex Defense 27 until next turn

    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Like dominoes, the Jedi toppled the battle droids, the B1 models flying to pieces from the concussive telekinetic blasts.

    "Blast them!" the remaining B1 yelled shrilly, and the south hall was drowned in blaster fire that all but missed the Jedi as Dai and Orotal spun and twirled, dodging them expertly.

    The B2s were stoic and silent as they lined up, training their blasters on Yeka and Tholme. The B2 models were many times more dangerous than their B1 counterparts, but for the moment Tholme and Yeka were keeping them at bay, until a lone blaster bolt slipped through Tholme's defenses and burned his leg.

    "Ahh!" he yelled, almost falling to a knee but keeping his composure. There were more droids than he anticipated...
    Oh shit.

    Lots of robits.

    The B1s concentrate a hail of fire on Tholme. they all miss.

    1d20+14=34, 1d20+14=18, 3d8=14, 3d8=12, 1d20+14=19, 1d20+14=15, 3d8=19, 3d8=11
    the B2s all aid b1-b4. mostly they fail, except one that crits Tholme. He tries to deflect, 1d20+19=31 but does not beat 34. He takes 36 points of damage and goes -1 down the track.

    down in the south hallway...

    droids stand up and fire.

    Attacking Kareith: 1d20+5=7, 4d8=20, 1d20+5=15, 4d8=21, 1d20+6=23, 4d8=18, all misses.

    Attacking Dai: 1d20+5=15, 4d8=16, 1d20+5=13, 4d8=16, 1d20+9=10, 4d8=24, again all misses.

    It's Yeka's turn.
    lots of b1s scrapped

    a1
    a2
    a3
    a4
    a5
    a6
    b1
    b2
    b3
    b4
    b5
    b6
    c1
    c2
    c3
    c4
    c5
    c6
    d1 - 4/21 condition -1
    d2 - 4/21 condition -1
    d3 - 4/21 condition -1
    d4 - 4/21 condition -1
    d5 - 4/21 condition -1
    d6 - 4/21 condition -1
    e1 - 3/21 condition -1
    e2 - 3/21 condition -1
    e3 - 3/21 condition -1
    e4 - 3/21 condition -1
    e5
    e6 - 3/21 condition -1
    MAP:
    battlemapfinalqx0.jpg

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "I can handle them!" Yeka yelled, leaping past Tholme. He had to give the padawan credit - she was skilled. However, so was Quinlan . . .

    "Yeka, no!" he yelled as she vaulted into the mass of droids, sending nearly the entire group clattering to the ground with a raw telekinetic blast whose ferocity surprised even the wizened Jedi Master.

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dai, meanwhile, raised an eyebrow as the droids stood back up and tried to shoot him. He flicked his wrist again, and they toppled over. They didn't get up this time.
    not even gonna roll. Force slam will pwn 'em.

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tholme growled. The reckless padawan had not only disobeyed her master's orders, but his as well. And apparently, had no idea what she'd just gotten herself into.

    "I said get back to your master, Padawan!"

    Yeka felt as though she were picked up by the scruff of her neck by an upset parent and dragged toward Kareith, safely out of range of blaster fire. Tholme kept his position behind the protocol droid.

    "Come just a bit closer, you cheap Federation toys."
    Standard: Move Object 1d20 19=21

    Tholme picks up Yeka with Move Object and deposits her around the corner, one square up and three over from her Knight so that she won't be in line of sight of over 25 battle droids. (BTW thanks for making diagonals a single square of movement Arc).

    Two Swifts: Recover

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Abandoning the reach for his lightsaber, Kereith jumps back from the droids. Laser bolts rip through the air around him and the stink of lubricant and tibanna gas grows stronger.

    He focuses on the Force around him. Gathering this energy he thrusts it forward, smashing the droids to the floor. Only one still appears functional. The immediate danger past, Kereith again goes to draw his weapon.
    Spend FP to regain use of Force Slam.
    Step back one square.
    Slam: 27, Damage: 12
    Only one B2 is standing. he takes 12 points of damage.

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As Oratal draws his lightsaber, the droids in front of him crumple to nothing, his Master's use of the force proving devastating. "What now Master?" he queries, poking his head out from behind the nearby wall to see what has become of the other droids.
    MOVE: Draw lightsaber, Move 1 up
    SWIFT: Ignite lightsaber

    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You know what? Fuck it. I'm not going to let these fucking toys take down a Jedi Master. Destiny Point, reorder myself to (edithere: ) right now and take another turn.

    Thome took a deep breath, pushing through the pain in his leg and and rushed forward, knocking over the protocol droid in front of him before reaching out with the force. The B-1 droids down the left hallway fell into a heap of parts on the floor, and a single b-2 droid slammed into the wall and hit the steel grating below its feet, sparks flying from its torso.

    The Jedi Master swatted away a few blasts from the droid in front of him... and prepared for the storm of blaster bolts that was to come.

    "Finish up back there, Jedi! I'll keep drawing their fire so you can advance when you're ready!"
    Swift: Recover. Tholme is no longer at a -1.

    Move: one left, three up. This puts him in melee with b6 and b5, adding a -5 to ranged attacks made against him.

    Standard: Force Slam = 38. Damage = 9. Fucking dice rollers. Force Point adds 6 damage. Well, that takes out all of the B1-s down the left Corridor and b5 takes 15 points of damage plus down condition track -1.

    Free: bark orders. OOC he means wait until the droids throw Tholme a blaster party before running out and beating the shit out of said droids... so please delay until after the droids turn so you don't get shot all to hell if you've taken out all the droids in your corridor, then on your turn get out there and beat some ass so that there are fewer to shoot at you next time it's their turn.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tholme leaped into the fray, sending droids clattering to the ground as the battle droids focused all of their wrath on the lone Jedi master. He was a blur as he spun and twirled, swatting aside blaster bolts with ease and skill. He was not a master duelist, but his skills with a lightsaber were not insignificant.
    Oh shit.

    Moderate amount of robits.

    droids stand up and droids shoot. all at tholme.

    1d20+8=17, 3d8=15, 1d20+8=16, 3d8=11, 1d20+8=11, 3d8=12, the supers all miss.

    1d20-4=4, 1d20-4=3, 1d20-4=12, 1d20-4=16, 1d20-4=15, 1d20-4=3, 1d20-4=5, 1d20-4=6, 1d20-4=15, 1d20-4=13, 1d20-4=3, 1d20-4=3, 1d20-4=8, 1d20-4=-3

    The b1s all autofire, scoring 5 half-hits.

    1d20+19=38, 1d20+14=15, 1d20+9=22, 1d20+4=15, 1d20-1=10

    The Force is with Tholme as he deflects all but the last hit, which he will negate energy. 3d8=16 is the last hit's damage halved, so 8. He can't fail the check so it is negated.

    Owned.

    oh yeah. 1d20+4=13, 3d8=12 Kareith's Super shoots and fails.
    lots of b1s scrapped

    a1
    a2 - scrap
    a3 - scrap
    a4
    a5 - scrap
    a6 - scrap
    b1 - scrap
    b2 - scrap
    b3 - scrap
    b4 - scrap
    b5 - 11/21, -1 condition
    b6
    c1 - scrap
    c2 - scrap
    c3 - scrap
    c4 - scrap
    c5 - scrap
    c6 - scrap
    d1 - scrap
    d2 - scrap
    d3 - scrap
    d4 - scrap
    d5 - scrap
    d6 - scrap
    e1 - scrap
    e2 - scrap
    e3 - scrap
    e4 - scrap
    e5 - 9/21, condition -1
    e6 - scrap
    MAP:
    battlemap1tl1.jpg

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeka eyeballed her master, who looked to be busily engaged with the sole remaining droid. Good enough -- he can handle that one.

    She slipped out of the corridor, and headed toward Tholme and the mass of droids he was busy with. He'd yanked her out of sight the first time she'd moved out there (and she did appreciate it! She didn't realize there were that many!), but she was sure he'd appreciate her help this time around!

    Yeka ran out towards Tholme, but had to step behind a corner and out of sight as a rain of blaster fire found its way past Tholme, towards Yeka.
    Moving a total of four spaces up, although it'll take at least five squares of movement to get there.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Glancing behind him quickly, Dai saw that Kereith had the corridor under control. He dashed back to help his master. Running past Oratal, he shouted, "Follow me, Oratal! Remember, it is often better to act than to react."

    He ran past Tholme, who was in close combat against two battle droids, and charged toward the battle droids beyond him. He effortlessly batted blaster bolts away, as he rolled forward and drove his saber blade into one of the chassis of the droid in front of him.

    Move/Standard: Charge toward a4
    1d20 12=27, 3d8 10=19

    mightyspacepope on
    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Facing the only remaining battle droid, Kareith draws his saber and activates it with a flourish. A quick slash cleaves through the damaged droid. Having dealt with the immediate threat, he turns around to help deal with the remaining droids.
    Move: draw n' activate saber
    Standard: attack with saber: 1d20+13=22Damage: 2d8+10=17

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oratal is quick to heed his Master's words and charges after him into the fray. Blaster fire flares all around, but he jukes and pivots around it, his lightsaber extended at his side as he runs. With a fluid motion, his lightsaber sweeps up toward the droid.
    MOVE: 3 up-right, 3 up
    STANDARD: Attack with melee defense -5 1d20=17, 2d8 2=12 = Reflex defense 22 until next turn and 12 damage to c5

    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tholme pressed the attack against the droids in front of him, sneaking in quick sharp strikes as he continued to deflect their rapid blaster fire.

    1d20 9=10, 1d20 9=17

    christ. nat 1.

    b6 takes 3d8 8=19 points of damage, moves 1 down the condition track. So close.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The corridors were thick with the smell of burned clothing, skin, and tibanna gas as the protocol droid threw its arms up in panic. "I'm not programmed for this!" it yelled as the Jedi batted aside blaster bolts.

    Oratal yelped as a blaster bolt ripped a hole through his robe, a little too close for comfort.
    Oh shit.

    Moderate amount of robits.

    some b2s do some movement, and every droid is gonna shoot. this time they're throwing an autofire blaster party for Dai.

    1d20-4=8, 3d8=13, 1d20-4=-3, 3d8=16, 1d20-4=4, 3d8=13, 1d20-4=16, 3d8=13, 1d20-4=9, 3d8=11, 1d20-4=14, 3d8=20, 1d20-4=8, 3d8=21, 1d20-4=3, 3d8=17, 1d20-4=-3, 3d8=9, 1d20-4=-3, 3d8=16, 1d20-4=8, 3d8=5, 1d20-4=5, 3d8=18, 1d20-4=2, 3d8=12, 1d20-4=14, 3d8=12

    for a grand total of 3 hits, one of which is a nat 20.

    1d20+18=37, 1d20+13=22, 1d20+8=28

    he deflects all of them. the natural 20 is reduced to half damage, the other two are deflected completely. Dai takes 6 points.

    the B2s are a lot smarter than their B1 brethren, and opt to shoot at the padawan with the glowing sword.

    1d20+3=19, 3d8=14, 1d20+3=9, 3d8=15, 1d20+3=5, 3d8=22

    Our young padawan takes 14 points.

    We're back to the top with Yeka.
    lots of b1s scrapped

    a1
    a2 - scrap
    a3 - scrap
    a4 - 2/21, condition -1
    a5 - scrap
    a6 - scrap
    b1 - scrap
    b2 - scrap
    b3 - scrap
    b4 - scrap
    b5 - 11/21, condition -1
    b6 - 2/21, condition -1
    c1 - scrap
    c2 - scrap
    c3 - scrap
    c4 - scrap
    c5 - 9/21, condition -1
    c6
    d1 - scrap
    d2 - scrap
    d3 - scrap
    d4 - scrap
    d5 - scrap
    d6 - scrap
    e1 - scrap
    e2 - scrap
    e3 - scrap
    e4 - scrap
    e5 - scrap
    e6 - scrap
    MAP:
    battlemap1kb8.jpg

    ArcanisTheImpotent on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeka slipped out of her place in the corner just as Oratal ran past her, and she scolded him: "Oratal! Watch it!" She forced her way past him, awkwardly pushing him out of her way, and reached her arm out toward the droid she discovered immediately to her right. The droid - as well as all of those behind him - tumbled to the ground. To Yeka's dismay, however, they also all began to climb back to their feet.
    Move: Two spaces north, just past Oratal
    FP to regain Force Slam:1d20+9=22
    Really bad damage, knocks them all over: 1d20+9=22, 8 damage to c5, c6, and all of the b1s behind them.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hearing Oratal yelp, Dai quickly glanced behind him, just in time to see Yeka slam the droids to the ground in the side corridor. Satisfied that they had their attackers under control, he looked back to his own corridor. With a casual flick of his hand, he sent the closest super battle droid into the one slightly further back. The two collided with such impact that they both clattered to the ground in pieces.

    He advanced forward, so that the remaining B1 battle droids would see him as more of a threat than Tholme.
    Standard: Move Object on A1 into A4
    UTF: Move Object (1d20 18=36)
    Damage from Move Object (10d6=39)
    Move: 1 NW

    Both droids get fuuuuuuucked.

    mightyspacepope on
    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    As the battle droid falls, Kareith rushes back down the hall. He pivots around the protocol droid and continues on his way. His wrist twitches and his saber blade slices through the damaged battle droid in front of Master Tholme.

    Sliding to a stop Kareith swings his saber back to a defensive position, ready to deflect any incoming blaster fire.
    Move: 6 squares to center of map
    Standard: Charge to attack B6
    Attack: 1d20+10=23 (+2 from charge attack, -5 from Melee Defense feat)
    Damage: 2d8+7=20 (since it had 2hp this is massive overkill)

    Final Ref: 27 (-2 from charge, +5 from Melee Defense)
    ending turn beside Tholme or B6's smoking wreck.

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oratal, tired of the fighting, dashes to the center of the corridor and turns on his heel, skidding to a halt.

    Facing the droids, he lets out an extremely loud bellow from his four throats, several battle droids tearing to pieces in the invisible and silent wave. Although it seems to have taken a lot out of him, Oratal stands tall before the wreckage of the machines.
    MOVE: Two North
    STANDARD: Bellow 1d20 5=22, 3d6=8 = 8 damage to all 'c' droids which should kill all but c6
    SWIFT: 1 action to start regaining condition (1/3)

    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.