As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EVE Online: Space Faggotry

2»

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    So I've heard this game is not grind-heavy like other MMO's?

How true is this. If I could only invest an hour or two every day or two, would I be useless and fucked?

If you remember to log on and set up your skills once in a while, you'll be fine skill-wise you just won't have the experience and money of other players.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

How true is this. If I could only invest an hour or two every day or two, would I be useless and fucked?

Well, you gotta play with people on be on vent.

It's like a chat room where you can be thrown into an awesome firefight any second.

Just rockin around with 2 other dudes in lowsec was fun as all hell. Threatening to blow up Veretas, Bemis exploding everywhere, convincing marsh to stop being a mincing mission doing faggot, etc etc

I wouldn't if I were you though, I'd say about 3-4 hours a day to really enjoy it

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Skills train regardless of how much you're logged in. Very early in the game this can be annoying because young skills train in about half an hour, so you have to be semi-constantly logged in at least or you'll miss training time. Later on, skills take a few days to a month and are much easier to schedule.

There is some grinding, when it comes to making money. It depends on what style you want to play with: if you want to fly very large, expensive ships you'll have to spend a lot of time shooting rocks or pirates to get cash. To fly a simple frigate takes almost nothing, maybe a few minutes a day, and many goons will hand them out for free.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Janin wrote: »

Skills train regardless of how much you're logged in. Very early in the game this can be annoying because young skills train in about half an hour, so you have to be semi-constantly logged in at least or you'll miss training time. Later on, skills take a few days to a month and are much easier to schedule.

There is some grinding, when it comes to making money. It depends on what style you want to play with: if you want to fly very large, expensive ships you'll have to spend a lot of time shooting rocks or pirates to get cash. To fly a simple frigate takes almost nothing, maybe a few minutes a day, and many goons will hand them out for free.

I may have to look in on this over break.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    Frank BrakFrank Brak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Goddammit, I need to get a working video card.

I'm convinced, I want to play this.

Frank Brak on
    "hold the phone. now give the phone to me."
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i hate that the idea behind this game is so good but actually playing it is so boring

Kovak on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This game is fun, but not for everyone. Joining a player corp is necessary to enjoy it though, staying in NPC corps grinding missions is lame.

Don't listen to the naysayers, they probably didn't play for more than a week or two and found it too difficult. The learning wall tends to weed out the annoying WoW-kiddies.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thank God there is a place you can go away from those lesser players of lesser videogames

if you'll excuse me i will be cleaning cheetohs out of my ivory tower

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2008
    I tried to play EVE but I do enough spreadsheets at work.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I tried to play eve but found that a game in which my skill was defined solely by how long i had paid for it was too expensive to be worth playing

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    But in goonfleet you are helpful even if you have no skills.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I tried to play eve but found that a game in which my skill was defined solely by how long i had paid for it was too expensive to be worth playing

I just played it for free for like a year

helped that it was really easy to scam people when I started though

thanks for paying for my subscription fees, guys who wanted insta bookmarks

Monoxide on