As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Comics March 2009 Solicits (Full)

OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Graphic Violence

• SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hawkeye?
    Bullseye?

Interesting...

Slagmire on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man I bet there won't be a solicit for Destroyer Max this month either. :(

DouglasDanger on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haha, Claremont's infatuation with Psylocke continues unabated. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Venom T-Rex?

Wildcat on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Another Claw Guy? Cripes.

Fencingsax on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks like Thor has the $3.99 price tag now but to be fair it doesn't even come out monthly. If only some ongoings carry the $3.99 tag I hope Marvel will make an effort to put extra content in them but that wouldn't be too fair to the artist I'm sure.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Looks like Thor has the $3.99 price tag now but to be fair it doesn't even come out monthly. If only some ongoings carry the $3.99 tag I hope Marvel will make an effort to put extra content in them but that wouldn't be too fair to the artist I'm sure.

Scripts and sketches wouldn't demand more of the artist.

You could also throw in previews for other books.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2008
    Scripts and sketches wouldn't demand more of the artist.

You could also throw in previews for other books.

That's true. So far it seems only New Avengers and Thor have the price increase anyway. Guess we'll see when the full list is out tomorrow.

wirehead26 on
    edited December 2008
    Price is the same for me since i subscribe to Thor. The price increase should encourage you guys to maybe take out subscriptions.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »

I hope he kills her just so you don't get her back.

Crimsondude on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have to say, it makes me happy to see Ron Lim doing another cosmic series - it's like I'm thirteen years old all over again.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited December 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »

I hope he kills her just so you don't get her back.

I'm pretty ambivalent about Psylocke, to be honest. I don't even miss not reading stories involving her.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2008
    It's funny. Outside the Slaymaster storyline she is literally the least important member of the team.

Crimsondude on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why are they toying me with Captain Marvel? Why?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited December 2008
    I don't know, but I want that impostor to be killed to death.

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2008
    If it's another Skrull, I hope Phyla stabs it in the face. Did she know about Khn'nr, I wonder?

Faynor on
    edited December 2008
    It's never been said either way. I figure she will in time, from Rider if no one else.

Crimsondude on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    judging by the solicit, that's a ghost or some form of zombie Captain Marvel

why he's attacking Phyla, i have no idea

Diablo Fett on
    edited December 2008
    judging by the solicit, that's a ghost or some form of zombie Captain Marvel

why he's attacking Phyla, i have no idea

It's the Kree way of showing affection for one's children.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2008
    Solicit wrote:
    If Captain Marvel is no more, how is he here? With War of Kings about to explode across the galaxy, two of the Guardians face death itself! Drax and Quasar journey beyond the veil of life in a desperate quest to find Moondragon. But what is waiting for them on the other side, and will it ever let them return? It’s a double shot of cosmic horror – that plants the seeds for where GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is heading next!
    32 PGS.(each)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (each)

I don't get "ghost" or "zombie" from that at all. They're just saying, hey you. This guy is in this comic. He's also dead. Imagine that. Could just as well be an imposter.

Edit: Phyla is half-kree and half something else, right? What's the something else?

Faynor on
    edited December 2008
    Doesn't the Acuna cover for Nova #23 show Richard as Quasar?

Crimsondude on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Doesn't the Acuna cover for Nova #23 show Richard as Quasar?

If it's the one I'm thinking about...
    I believe that the person on the cover might be in fact Vulcan, having absorbed Wendall. Scary thought, eh?

Owenashi on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    phyla vell's got some floppy boobs

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2008
    Faynor wrote: »
    Solicit wrote:
    If Captain Marvel is no more, how is he here? With War of Kings about to explode across the galaxy, two of the Guardians face death itself! Drax and Quasar journey beyond the veil of life in a desperate quest to find Moondragon. But what is waiting for them on the other side, and will it ever let them return? It’s a double shot of cosmic horror – that plants the seeds for where GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is heading next!
    32 PGS.(each)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (each)

I don't get "ghost" or "zombie" from that at all. They're just saying, hey you. This guy is in this comic. He's also dead. Imagine that. Could just as well be an imposter.

Edit: Phyla is half-kree and half something else, right? What's the something else?

Wikipedia says she's part Eternal.

EDIT: Or not. I was thinking Titan at first, and that's apparently the right answer.

wwtMask on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Thats Daken

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

Thats Daken
    I thought Daken used 3...

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

Thats Daken
    I thought Daken used 3...

Two from the fist, one from the wrist.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2008
    Bowling ball grip.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Full solicits are up.
    ultsm132_cov-cv.jpg
    smnoir004_cvr-cv.jpg
    tbolts130_cov-cv.jpg
    aoatlas002_var_cov-cv.jpg
    ast_tales002_cov-cv.jpg
    maradvsh009_cov-cv.jpg
    maradvavn034_cov-cv.jpg
    marapesspecial001col-cv.jpg
    wokdrkhawk002_cov-cv.jpg

Owenashi on
    edited December 2008
    A Marvel Adventures title that showcases random heroes? Sweet!

Also, Deadpool should've been a Thunderbolts member.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2008
    Namora deserves a :winky:

March looks like it's going to be pretty good and pretty hard on my wallet.

wwtMask on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Proof #1 that God Loves me.
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST BY MATT FRACTION & ED BRUBAKER OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER & MATT FRACTION
    Penciled by DAVID AJA, TRAVEL FOREMAN, SAL BUSCEMA, RUSS HEATH, JOHN SEVERIN, HOWARD CHAYKIN, DAN BRERETON, TONCI ZONJIC, JELENA KEVIC DJURDJEVIC, KANO, KHARI EVANS, LEANDRO FERNANDEZ, NICK DRAGOTTA, MIKE AND LAURA ALLRED, MITCH BREITWEISER & LEWIS LAROSA Cover by DAVID AJA
    Experience a brand-new kind of Iron Fist story – one steeped in legends and fables, magic and adventure, and a historical sweep that stretches back through the centuries – as the living weapon returns in this hard-hitting martial-arts epic by Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction, David Aja and a who’s who of artistic collaborators! Orphaned as a child and raised in the lost city of K’un-Lun, Danny Rand returned to America as the mystical martial artist Iron Fist – but all his kung-fu skills can’t help him find his place in the modern world. After learning the hard way that the centuries-spanning legacy of the Iron Fist holds more secrets than he ever dreamed possible, Danny is ushered to the fabled city of K’un-Lun to fight in a tournament against the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven. It is a round of games that occurs every 88 years as the different cities connect together on the same mystical plane. At stake is the life of his friend, the legacy of his father and mentor, and the future of K’un-Lun. And despite the awesome new powers and knowledge granted to him by the mysterious Orson Randall, will Danny be ready when the tournament calls his name? Plus: There have been sixty-six men and women to carry the mantle of the Immortal Iron Fist. Witness their story in The Book of the Iron Fist. Collecting IMMORTAL IRON FIST #1-16, CIVIL WAR: CHOOSING SIDES, ANNUAL #1, ORSON RANDALL AND THE GREEN MIST OF DEATH and THE ORIGIN OF DANNY RAND.
    500 PGS./Rated T+ ...$74.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3819-8
    Trim size: oversized

Proof #2 that God Loves me.
    DAREDEVIL BY ED BRUBAKER & MICHAEL LARK OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by MICHAEL LARK, STEFANO GAUDIANO, DAVID AJA, LEE WEEKS, MARKO DJURDJEVIC, JOHN ROMITA SR., GENE COLAN, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, ALEX MALEEV & LEE BERMEJO
    Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    Longtime DD fans will not be disappointed as the critically acclaimed, award-winning creative team of Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark leave their mark on one of comics' most enduring legends! For the past few years, Matt Murdock’s life has been teetering on the edge of destruction. Now, pushed beyond the limit, he finds himself behind the eight ball with no clear way out, the people he calls friends slowly deserting him, and Hell’s Kitchen gradually slipping out of control. The question is, when his back is against the wall, just how far will Daredevil go to get back what is his? And if you think Matt’s life is going to start getting simpler after that, think again! As he tries to find a way to move forward, a threat from his past begins to creep toward daylight. And with the post-Civil War fallout all around him, he finds himself fighting a battle on both fronts of his life: in the courtroom and on the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen! Nominated for three Eisner Awards – Best Continuing Series, Best Writer and Best Penciler-Inker Team! Collecting DAREDEVIL #82-105.
    608 PGS./Rated T+ ...$74.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3785-6

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, Deadpool should've been a Thunderbolts member.

I think Diggle said he tried to get him in an IGN interview, but couldn't due to his solo series.

And Agents of Atlas is going to be so good.

Munch on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Proof #1 that God Loves me.
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST BY MATT FRACTION & ED BRUBAKER OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER & MATT FRACTION
    Penciled by DAVID AJA, TRAVEL FOREMAN, SAL BUSCEMA, RUSS HEATH, JOHN SEVERIN, HOWARD CHAYKIN, DAN BRERETON, TONCI ZONJIC, JELENA KEVIC DJURDJEVIC, KANO, KHARI EVANS, LEANDRO FERNANDEZ, NICK DRAGOTTA, MIKE AND LAURA ALLRED, MITCH BREITWEISER & LEWIS LAROSA Cover by DAVID AJA
    Experience a brand-new kind of Iron Fist story – one steeped in legends and fables, magic and adventure, and a historical sweep that stretches back through the centuries – as the living weapon returns in this hard-hitting martial-arts epic by Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction, David Aja and a who’s who of artistic collaborators! Orphaned as a child and raised in the lost city of K’un-Lun, Danny Rand returned to America as the mystical martial artist Iron Fist – but all his kung-fu skills can’t help him find his place in the modern world. After learning the hard way that the centuries-spanning legacy of the Iron Fist holds more secrets than he ever dreamed possible, Danny is ushered to the fabled city of K’un-Lun to fight in a tournament against the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven. It is a round of games that occurs every 88 years as the different cities connect together on the same mystical plane. At stake is the life of his friend, the legacy of his father and mentor, and the future of K’un-Lun. And despite the awesome new powers and knowledge granted to him by the mysterious Orson Randall, will Danny be ready when the tournament calls his name? Plus: There have been sixty-six men and women to carry the mantle of the Immortal Iron Fist. Witness their story in The Book of the Iron Fist. Collecting IMMORTAL IRON FIST #1-16, CIVIL WAR: CHOOSING SIDES, ANNUAL #1, ORSON RANDALL AND THE GREEN MIST OF DEATH and THE ORIGIN OF DANNY RAND.
    500 PGS./Rated T+ ...$74.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3819-8

Proof #2 that God Loves me.
    DAREDEVIL BY ED BRUBAKER & MICHAEL LARK OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by MICHAEL LARK, STEFANO GAUDIANO, DAVID AJA, LEE WEEKS, MARKO DJURDJEVIC, JOHN ROMITA SR., GENE COLAN, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, ALEX MALEEV & LEE BERMEJO
    Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    Longtime DD fans will not be disappointed as the critically acclaimed, award-winning creative team of Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark leave their mark on one of comics' most enduring legends! For the past few years, Matt Murdock’s life has been teetering on the edge of destruction. Now, pushed beyond the limit, he finds himself behind the eight ball with no clear way out, the people he calls friends slowly deserting him, and Hell’s Kitchen gradually slipping out of control. The question is, when his back is against the wall, just how far will Daredevil go to get back what is his? And if you think Matt’s life is going to start getting simpler after that, think again! As he tries to find a way to move forward, a threat from his past begins to creep toward daylight. And with the post-Civil War fallout all around him, he finds himself fighting a battle on both fronts of his life: in the courtroom and on the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen! Nominated for three Eisner Awards – Best Continuing Series, Best Writer and Best Penciler-Inker Team! Collecting DAREDEVIL #82-105.
    608 PGS./Rated T+ ...$74.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-3785-6

oh god yes

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    So looks like I'm getting the following:

USM
    ASM
    ASM Extra
    X-Men Noir
    Spidey Noir
    New Avengers
    Mighty Avengers
    Ms. Marvel
    Agents of Atlas
    Adam: Legend of The Blue Marvel
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Immortal Iron Fist
    Thor
    War of Kings
    War of Kings: Darkhawk

Nova

Yep, wallet in for a bruising.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2008
    No Dark Avengers, Mask?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oh man that marvel apes speedball special looks uggggh

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited December 2008
    No Dark Avengers, Mask?

Not while War of Kings is on. Maybe not ever; Ellis' T-Bolts made me angry, and I can only imagine that this will make Ellis' T-Bolts seem nice by comparison. Not to say that T-Bolts hasn't been good, but I can't see myself buying a book where I loathe the characters.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, might get that Disassembled hardcover as I never did read any of the tie-ins to it. I also might get the Iron Fist vol.4 hardcover assuming I hear good things about it. Lets see... Ms. Marvel vol.6, Daredevil Lady Bullseye, She-Hulk vol.7, and maybe that French Samurai hardcover if I have some extra money.

Edit: Oops, already have those She-Hulk issues in vol.7 except for Cosmic Collision.

wirehead26 on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sweet Chibi Cthulhu that Thunderbolts cover is awesome.

Psychotic One on