As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

some of my work (industrial/commerical)

maverickpixelmaverickpixel Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Artist's Corner
hey everyone, ive been a reader for about 6 years now but i never posted before. I saw the artist corner and i figured i should check in.

heres my website

www.MAVERICKPIXEL.com

also my coroflot page

www.coroflot.com/mviscione

cheers

-Mike

maverickpixel on

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Welcome man!
    However, you should probably check out the rules page. They consider it site whoring if you just post links to stuff and don't post actual artwork for feedback.

Edit: in other words: thread = locked if you don't post artwork for feedback.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    right

im working on some thumbnail sketches to get more creative with form.

just inks in ps

upright.jpg

hog.jpg

akward.jpg

ill see if i can get some more sketches up

maverickpixel on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It seems to me that you should work on getting some cleaner lines down. Especially for vehicle, the wavy (almost splotchy) lines dont make them seem very... vehicle like. They are also very different than that perfect circle you've used in the first picture to the point where that perfect circle doesn't seem to be a part of the picture.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    It seems to me that you should work on getting some cleaner lines down. Especially for vehicle, the wavy (almost splotchy) lines dont make them seem very... vehicle like. They are also very different than that perfect circle you've used in the first picture to the point where that perfect circle doesn't seem to be a part of the picture.

It's actually interesting you say that. After he posted work I checked out his website. Lots of good linework there, This stuff seems to not really represent his work very well.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »

It's actually interesting you say that. After he posted work I checked out his website. Lots of good linework there, This stuff seems to not really represent his work very well.

thanks for the kind words. I tried sketching directly into PS via a wacom.. i have a hard time getting good line quality from them.

http://www.maverickpixel.com/2/2d.htm

directlink to the 2d gallery

anything i should work on? i think i need to jump into color but im not sure where to start... always had trouble with shading when its not in a rendering engine lol

maverickpixel on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, as a rule, I don't check someone's site unless what they post here is already awesome and I really want to see more.

If you having problems with getting good lines in photoshop, try using the erasure tool and zooming in- That's what I end up doing and it works pretty well.

I'll try to check your site later but now, dinner.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets