As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comic March 2009 Solicitations (Full)

2»

• Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This one actually sounds like a decent premise, although I'll probably wait for the trade to see if it's any good.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The new Vigilante sounds less and less interesting.

I've only read a few issues and an overall synopsis, but the Adrian Chase incarnation was amazing. He was always on his own, nothing ever went his way, and his life as an early anti-hero drastically wore him down psychologically. I was honestly hoping for even just a rehash; you could rip his arc off wholesale, and it'd still be more original than most of the new characters out there today. New Vigilante sounds like just another cookie-cutter non-character stalking around Gotham.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    do we really need a cosmic mini by Jim Starlin going on all the time?

I almost fell asleep during the first issue of whichever one he's writing now.

Would you prefer Beechen write the next Adam Strange story then? Personally, I thought Mystery in Space was great and that while Rann/Thanagar Holy War is a pretty mediocre story, it's still a hell of a lot better than Countdown to Adventure.

Anyway, the whole 'Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman trinity go bye-bye' thing is pretty over-used by Didio at this point. First there was 52/OYL, then there's Trinity and now they're actually going to leave for an entire year. Yeah Didio, I think we get it already.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    do we really need a cosmic mini by Jim Starlin going on all the time?

I almost fell asleep during the first issue of whichever one he's writing now.

Would you prefer Beechen write the next Adam Strange story then? Personally, I thought Mystery in Space was great and that while Rann/Thanagar Holy War is a pretty mediocre story, it's still a hell of a lot better than Countdown to Adventure.

Countdown to Adventure wasn't bad. The worst part of Beechen's writing is stilted dialogue, and that's because he mostly writes for children's cartoons

The worst part about Starlin's writing is that there's so much of it and none of it is interesting

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate that Starlin is writing characters I'd ordinarily be interested, if they were written by anyone with talent; Captain Comet, Prince Gavyn, Hawkman, etc.

The sad thing about Beechen is that he has written entertaining stuff; his small press comic Hench was pretty interesting, and his run on the Justice League Unlimited title was a lot of fun. I feel like he, like a lot of mid-list DC writers, are basically given a list of plot points to hit and then forced to string them together into a story.

Munch on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really don't like Jim Starlin's art. It's so ... boring and archaic. Even if the books were good, I can't get past the art to enjoy it.

Lux on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    what a bizarre spam

we have the new solicits up, dude! advertise there

Garlic Bread on