As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Invincible Thread

13»

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What are Brit's powers?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Suds wrote: »
    What are Brit's powers?

can't be hurt.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brit is invulnerable.

That's it. He can't be hurt. He's not even sure if he can die of old age.

Edit: Some people might argue that he's also peak human physical condition, like Batman. I'm not one of those people.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
    edited December 2008
    So, like a top notch Viltrumite couldn't hurt him?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Suds wrote: »
    So, like a top notch Viltrumite couldn't hurt him?

Could toss him into the sun and see how invulnerable his really is, i guess.

Canada_jezus on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Remember, top-notch Viltrumites can't mess with Allen, now, so clearly they have limits.
    and since there are, apparently, a rapidly diminishing and already small number of purebloods left, that problem is disappearing.

mattharvest on
    edited December 2008
    Remember, top-notch Viltrumites can't mess with Allen, now, so clearly they have limits.
    and since there are, apparently, a rapidly diminishing and already small number of purebloods left, that problem is disappearing.

I didn't really want to mention that, since it seemed kinda spoiler worthy.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, look at this beauty:
    60coverFINAL.jpg

ok, so I haven't read invincible in a while, but why is Spawn front and center in that poster?

Langly on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Witchblade's costume still doesn't make any sense.

Robos A Go Go on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think it's an all-Image poster, spanning their whole range. Hence Spawn, Witchblade, Jack Staff, Madman and the Darkness also being included.

Wildcat on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What I want to know is what the hells that guy expects to do with no bowstring.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2008
    oh i didn't know spawn was image-owned, and I didn't know who the others were.

Langly on
    edited December 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Doesn't he have a special bow that employs magnets or something in lieu of a bowstring?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2008

haha I just noticed that.

Also, the guy with the exclamation point always reminds me of Freakazoid

Langly on
    edited December 2008
    Langly wrote: »

haha I just noticed that.

Also, the guy with the exclamation point always reminds me of Freakazoid

It's kind of believed that Freakazoid's resemblance to Madman is more than coincidental, but Mike Allred never bothered to pursue a lawsuit.

Robos A Go Go on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Doesn't he have a special bow that employs magnets or something in lieu of a bowstring?
    I don't really read image, so I have no fucking idea who that is.

Fencingsax on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The infamous Youngblood, no?

Wildcat on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah. Probably because he was originally a Liefeld character, and the dude most likely just forgot to draw the bowstring, or didn't feel like fucking with it.
    Langly wrote:
    ok, so I haven't read invincible in a while, but why is Spawn front and center in that poster?

Robert Kirkman noticed that Final Crisis and Secret Invasion seemed kind of bloated and stretched out, but that they also sold really well. So he's doing an oversized one-issue event starring all the characters of the Imageverse. The plot revolves around a horde of evil Invincibles culled from the multiverse attacking Earth, with all the world's heroes responding.

I'm really curious to see how it turns out. I've always thought that it'd be interesting to see DC or Marvel put out their yearly big event as an OGN. It'd be a guaranteed big-seller, and would render a lot of the bullshit usually associated with events (tie-ins, titles treading water waiting for a new status quo, etc.) moot.

Munch on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really wish Kirkman would stop turning every issue into a crossover event. Yes, I know you think that creator-owned characters are a good way to make money, but I don't give a fuck about Wolfman and I wish you'd develop somewhat interesting characters, like Shapesmith or Titan.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't think Kirkman has been especially egregious about that, and I'm willing to give the guy a bit of wiggle room if it means that the stuff he makes that I care about is getting his undivided attention. Really, he's only done the Spider-man crossover, that was just a irrelevant side story you don't need, this Wolf-man thing (which I'm willing to forgive), and a oversized one shot that's going to be contained entirely in the Invincible book and from what we know seems like it's at least theoretically relevant and an organic growth of the ongoing story.

werehippy on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I think it's an all-Image poster, spanning their whole range. Hence Spawn, Witchblade, Jack Staff, Madman and the Darkness also being included.
    Also The Astounding Wolf-Man, trying its best to compete in the Most Mediocre Writing Ever field.

Glal on