As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A question that can be interputed as "Nooby"

DeLaMuerteDeLaMuerte Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Graphic Violence
Righty. Hi, I have recently started to develop an interest in DC comics and since I live in scandinavia (the wang of Europe) my accessibility to the superhero comic world is quite limited so therefore my knowledge of this world I am so fond of is not all too great.

Well here's the question: What's up with the whole crisis thingy? (Final Cisis, Infinite Crisis etc.)
Is it just like som DC equivalent to Civil War? I thought I heard something of it being a complete reboot of the DCU, any truth in that?

Well keeping in mind that this is my first thread on this forum ever (yay) this question might seem a bit silly, I don't know... Oh well.

De la muerte!
DeLaMuerte on

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    interputed

(this belongs in the general questions thread)

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh righty, sorry the I'll be heading off there then.

DeLaMuerte on
    De la muerte!
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DeLa, what you're currently experiencing is the whole problem with the DC line as currently designed - you need a goddamn road map to make sense of what is what half the time.

That being said, some writers are able to get around this - I'd encourage you to check out anything written by Geoff Johns. Even when he uses heavy continuity, he explains it as he goes along. It's extremely new-reader friendly.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    also, wikipedia

Langly on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah but I wanted to try out the forums.

DeLaMuerte on
    De la muerte!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok, I just KNOW that this is a stupid question but where is the general questions thread?

DeLaMuerte on
    De la muerte!
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Here

There's also a "Help me I'm new to comics" thread stickied at the top of the forum that would also be an appropriate place to ask this

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Thanks.

DeLaMuerte on
    De la muerte!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2008
    alright that seems to be cleared up!