As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do you become an enforcer?

13»

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Te he! =)=) Yay! =)

Speaking of which Snickers, you may have to be in charge of the actual MMT itself this coming year (or someone else if you wish, but you get first dibs ;) )

aaaaaa---
    ..... I feel so insignificant...

You are NOT insignificant! You're our official "Forumer-run Seattle Underground tour to save hundreds of $$$" guide! =) You rock!

And definitely, if Snickers is doing the enforcer thing, you could be the tour guide of the whole Shebang if you're up for it and can come to both days!

I'm also in full support of you being an enforcer Snickers! Go for it, you'll have a blast and a half! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    taumeson wrote: »
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    does anyone ever get fired mid-pax? if so, what are the repercussions, like do you have to buy a pass for the rest of pax?

Let's see. I remember hearing about somebody who got fired, and he lost his pass and was told not to come back ... but I hadn't heard of the guy before so I don't know if it's real. I definitely know of people who were told not to come back and that they would no longer be considered for Enforcing. I also know of one individual who had their shifts pulled and told that they could enjoy PAX but their services were no longer required.

One guy threatened me with a cattle prod. I hope he got fucking fired I tell you what.

Man I still say we shoulda made a bigger scene over that

wait... What????

why the hell would somebody threaten tube with a cattle prod... why the hell would somebody BRING a cattle prod to pax.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tube's just being... er... Tube. =)

He has an unnatural and irrational hatred of Enforcers that manifests itself in delusional tales of physical, mental, and sometimes sexual abuse. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008
    No, an enforcer really did threaten me with a cattle prod. People were there. It was a documented and real event.

Tube on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No, an enforcer really did threaten me with a cattle prod. People were there. It was a documented and real event.

If I knew what tube looked like ill threaten him with a cattle prod next year :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    did he actually have on at pax??? or was he just mouthing off saying he'd get you with a cattle prod..

did anybody else think of that south park bit with cartman singing oh holy night?

SmallLady on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ... seriously Tube? Are you sure it wasn't just imagined? Here, take a seat, you've obviously had a long day. It'll be okay, just relax here for a bit. =)

(Who controls the past controls the future
    who controls the present controls the past...)

... ;)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    SmallLady wrote: »
    did he actually have on at pax??? or was he just mouthing off saying he'd get you with a cattle prod..

did anybody else think of that south park bit with cartman singing oh holy night?

The cattle prod was brought up during an invitation to "come and see him after PAX" at which point we would "see who the funny guy was"

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hooooooooly crap!

freaky.

SmallLady on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was hoping the enforcer in question was going to end up being BrokenAngel. Oh well.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    lol, that would be absolutely hilarious! =)

BA, you now know what the perfect prank will be to pull on Tube next year at PAX. =)=)

Also Tube, is there a Dane Cook-esque story to go along with this? It almost feels like you should've followed up that post with "And that's how it ended, so let me rewind it and reveal to you how it got to that point..." =)

(In short, what was exchanged between you two that ended up with a threat of cattle prodding? =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    He was behind me on the escalator on the 2nd night I think, as I was making fun of enforcers to the person I was with. After I got off the escalator he said, and this is a direct quote "you know, you don't really want to fuck with the enforcers" to which I replied "oh I am almost certain that I do" and the exchange then preceded as above

Tube on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Or do the South Park flashback thing...

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    He was behind me on the escalator on the 2nd night I think, as I was making fun of enforcers to the person I was with. After I got off the escalator he said, and this is a direct quote "you know, you don't really want to fuck with the enforcers" to which I replied "oh I am almost certain that I do" and the exchange then preceded as above

Yikes, an interesting exchange. I just assumed you were joking, as the threat of cattle prodding seems so outlandishly unrealistic in nature as to be unbelievable at first glance. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    No problem, I barely believe it myself, and I was there. It was the most staggeringly impotent and petulant attempt to assert authority that I've ever seen.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have to admit, I am speechless. I'm still expecting you to say "nah, I'm just kidding, It's amazing that you suckers actually believed me." =)

So now what you need to do is create a stand-up comedy routine based around that. If Dane Cook is any evidence, you can make millions of dollars. Your routine will actually be funny though, unlike Dane Cook, because it really happened. =)

Now that I know you're not joking though, let me say that I hope you won't hold that one bozo as the example upon which all enforcers are compared. I'm not an Enforcer myself, but the ones I've met have been nice people who wouldn't threaten someone with a cattle prod unless it was at a comedically appropriate moment. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I really love enforcers. All the ones i've met have been super nice! that and I love men in kilts.

SmallLady on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I will also third (fourth, fifth, ah, whatever) the opinion that all the Enforcer's I've met are full of win. ^_^

MeeOk on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tube, I promise not to use a cattle prod on you.

However I am curious as to your feelings on riding crops... :winky:

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    :winky: woooo! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008