As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm so tired of this shit I wanna...

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Social Entropy++
I just got done with a 9 day stretch at my current place of employment with no days off. I racked up at least 12 hours of overtime in that period and I am so glad to have the next couple days off.

What have been your hell days? Have you worked stretches at a time which were beneficial to your monetary status but sucked ass because you were at Best Buy all the time?

Come on motherfuckers, when has your job payed dividends for you in the long run while you sufferd in the short term? I want tales of woe!

And seriously, I am really tired.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll be working massive overtime the week of christmas.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    4 days in a row of 9 hours shifts standing behind a counter at the local supermarket.

Not one gap in customers the whole time.

Spent the entire time hateful and wishing some death on my fellow shithead human beings

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's the spirit!

MORE!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My last day at work is this Friday, then I'm on holidays for two weeks until 5th Jan, for which I'll be getting paid obviously.

Oh wait.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    my job keeps giving me evening shifts and like 8 or 9 days work in a row, it's pissing me off

FAQ on
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    12 whole hours overtime?

You're like some kind of fucking Trojan.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    12 hours OT over 9 days.

Not actually that bad when you think about it.

pussy

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I haven't worked for 5 months. I saved up a bunch of money then quit, just as I ran out, my tax return came in.

Now the parents are absolutely shitting me. Won't shut up about me not getting a job. No shit I don't want a fucking job it's the fucking holidays

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    shiiit you know what's hard
    life :(

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    12 hours OT over 9 days.

pussy

I worked 9 days straight, the overtime is for a 7 day period.

Moron.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had to sleep at work this last weekend because of a blizzard. I got no sort of pay for this, because I get paid salary. Which is bullshit.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »
    12 hours OT over 9 days.

pussy

Moron.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my impending holiday break for which I'll be getting paid.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Last I worked a twenty-hour bar shift for a wedding at a hotel, which had a reception of three hundred people, all clamouring for pints of coke because they were cheap bastards who weren't willing to pay hotel prices for real booze. There was a constant stream of customers using up the glasses at a rate our KP's couldn't keep up with, so I ended up serving drinks in Irish coffee mugs. Normally in these types of events I get to wolf down a decent amount of leftover food, but it was a Moroccan themed wedding, and it was all overly-sweet thirst-inducing pap (who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put sultanas in real food?).

All for five quid an hour and all the comments on the price of drinks I could take.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Marathon wrote: »
    I had to sleep at work this last weekend because of a blizzard. I got no sort of pay for this, because I get paid salary. Which is bullshit.

Yeah but you weren't working.

Though hahah that is pretty shitty.

Were there other people?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    12 hours OT over 9 days.

pussy

Moron.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my impending holiday break for which I'll be getting paid.

If I could turn the volume up for math involed I would.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i just spent the last 20 minutes crawling around in dirty dusty ass cables to try and find the framesync that one of our graphics computers runs through

i find the front, then go around the rack into the back of it, dont touch a thing, and it fixes itself

i dont trust this motherfucker in the least, i know as soon as i look away from it, itll crap out again

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i can't get a job until my citizenship card comes through. which is going to take ten months.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just got done with a 9 day stretch at my current place of employment with no days off. I racked up at least 12 hours of overtime in that period and I am so glad to have the next couple days off.

Unless you work in a chain gang or on similar levels of physical labour, I feel no pity for you at all.

Iskander on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is a depressing thread.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    ValVal Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm on my days off atm but when I get back on Friday I'll be working 9-12 hr days straight thru till Christmas day then I have 2 days off :/ . Gotta love hospitality

Val on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The thread title has been the story of my life

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    bezerk bobbezerk bob Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a 15 hour day on christmas eve, with no overtime. It is going to be a giant feculant turd.

bezerk bob on
    You can only drink 30 or 40 glasses of beer a day, no matter how rich you are. -- Colonel Adolphus Busch
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    This is a pussy thread for pussies, by pussies.

Iskander on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I was laid on the couch in front of the TV since Saturday afternoon with general man-flu.

I watched so many movies that I've been recording for rainy days that they've blurred into one. The League of Extraordinary Mean Girls on 34th Street: When Nature Calls."

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Lets talk about something fun instead.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I get two weeks off for the holidays. most of it is holiday time (meaning paid time off), but I am required to use 3 days of vacation over the break, which is crap. i mean, i can't even work extra to offset it. i have to burn 24 vacation hours.

the wook on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No-one understands you, right?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No, not so much self pity as a deep sense of shame

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    the wook wrote: »
    I get two weeks off for the holidays. most of it is holiday time (meaning paid time off), but I am required to use 3 days of vacation over the break, which is crap. i mean, i can't even work extra to offset it. i have to burn 24 vacation hours.

Yeah I hear ya Wook. Here we get 20 annual leave days a year, and 7 of those they force us to take over the Christmas break.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Riding high on the wave of tommorrowwwwwwwww

Middle of a 30 hour stint of writing here. Heyooooo!

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I don't have a job this Christmas, so I don't have to work! Which leaves me plenty of time to research my dissertation and find out that I got all the wrong books out of the library before I left uni for the holidays. It's not like I can do anything else, as I have no money and there's nothing to do in this town.

Yay Christmas!

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Ok I'll bite.

Why?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Ok I'll bite.

Why?

Because I have made no worthwhile accomplishments in my life, have no worthwhile life experiences and am 2 years behind the curve regarding anything.

EDIT: Oh yeah and it's all my fault =)

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I don't have a job this Christmas, so I don't have to work! Which leaves me plenty of time to research my dissertation and find out that I got all the wrong books out of the library before I left uni for the holidays. It's not like I can do anything else, as I have no money and there's nothing to do in this town.

Yay Christmas!

Me too! Yay! I have no money yay!

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Marathon wrote: »

Yeah but you weren't working.

Though hahah that is pretty shitty.

Were there other people?

Oh yeah other people were there so it wasn't so bad. We had me, the chemist, and technicians for both the day and night shift stranded at work. So plenty of other people were there too, plus we got to watch The Dark Knight on a huge projection screen after work on Saturday.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Ok I'll bite.

Why?

Because I have made no worthwhile accomplishments in my life, have no worthwhile life experiences and am 2 years behind the curve regarding anything.

Oh that's right, you're still 18. I keep forgetting that.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Ok I'll bite.

Why?

so did you get in that girl's pants at that party or what

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I get the 25th off, back in the 26th then off the 27th. Then it's back to normal up until new years where I get new years day off and then back to normal again. Whooo retail :|

ascot on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm gonna be working half days except for Christmas eve and christmas, which I'm taking off. I like being in the office around the holidays, because there's no one else there to disturb my silent zone of productivity.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I guess one time I worked about 90 hours in one week to get some stuff done. The company made Hell of money on it though. And so did I. But goddamn it sucked immensely while I was doing it.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.