As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

1565758596062»

• Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Morgan wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »
    midgetspy wrote: »
    Just liked to point out that rather than list all 300+ downloadable tracks, I'm pruning the OP of the eye-sore and putting in a Google spreadsheet I'm maintaining. Check it out here.

I'll be adding more info for the tracks, such as difficulty tiers and album info.

If you're gonna link to somewhere off-site you might as well let somebody else do the work: http://www.djcardshark.com/rbsonglist/rbmaster.htm

It's not much work for me and his sheet is a fucking pain to look at for me. I like to keep it simple.

Yeah that other spreadsheet is a fucking eyesore.

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

:x

Yeah that green is pretty hideious.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shady3011 wrote:
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G

On a less serious note, Wal-Mart has informed me to go pick up something. :?

It could have been you kissing Brandon Flowers instead of me...

I think I will be doing that deal thing though.

EDIT: No one tell JCofDI.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm pretty sure looking at that spreadsheet just made me feel ill.

Seriously.

metaghost on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Erandus wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Morgan wrote: »
    Just liked to point out that rather than list all 300+ downloadable tracks, I'm pruning the OP of the eye-sore and putting in a Google spreadsheet I'm maintaining. Check it out here.

I'll be adding more info for the tracks, such as difficulty tiers and album info.

If you're gonna link to somewhere off-site you might as well let somebody else do the work: http://www.djcardshark.com/rbsonglist/rbmaster.htm

It's not much work for me and his sheet is a fucking pain to look at for me. I like to keep it simple.

Yeah that other spreadsheet is a fucking eyesore.

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

:x

Yeah that green is pretty hideious.
    It's also showing unconfirmed, rumoured songs. I don't know how Arikado is intending to format his spreadsheet, but listing songs that aren't, in fact, available directly in the list can be confusing.

Plus, doesn't the Google spreadsheet allow for column sorting? That would help.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shady3011 wrote:
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G

On a less serious note, Wal-Mart has informed me to go pick up something. :?

It could have been you kissing Brandon Flowers instead of me...

I think I will be doing that deal thing though.

EDIT: No one tell JCofDI.

A man can dream, can't he. :|

Also, good choice. If your TRU doesn't have any, make sure to go over to CC or some other store that does price matching. Make sure to have the ad on hand.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    metaghost wrote: »

Seriously.

I like how it makes no effort to explain what all the various colors represent.

I mean, you can piece together what songs are represented by what color by looking at the song pack column, but then the question becomes why would you do that to people?

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I didn't claw my way through all the 98 pages of this thread, so I apologise if I'm just rehashing old questions.

1. I kept hearing about RB2 being shipped out with new & improved instruments. Is that true for the PAL version as well? The sales bloke at the local gamestop seemed to know nothing about it, or even when RB2 Wii would actually ship. But then again, I'm not sure I want to base all my purchasing decisions on some barely out of puberty metal geek.

2. I plan to pick up RB2 for my Wii, but I'm not yet sure about the instruments. Is there any place I can educate myself on the differences between GHWT and RB2 paraphernalia?

3. Is there any chance.. any chance at all of PAL prices dropping ever so slightly to levels approaching the overseas counterparts?

Joe Dizzy on
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Omeks wrote: »

Seriously.

I mean, you can piece together what songs are represented by what color by looking at the song pack column, but then the question becomes why would you do that to people?

Yeah yeah... worst thing ever, I vomited, bandwagon jumping, etc etc... *sigh*

It's the HTML export of an Excel worksheet kept in a scorehero thread, which contains a legend. Seems clear enough for me but I guess I don't have as much of an aversion to bright colors as the rest of you. *shrug*

midgetspy on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Back to the band LIVE, I dug through my old bin of CDs and managed to find most of thiers. I was a big fan, but haven't listened to them in years.

I totally forgot that "Throwing Copper" also has "White Discussion", "Selling The Drama" and "T.B.D." This album was MADE for Rock Band.

I also totally forgot what a huge hit "Turn My Head" was, even though I'm not a big fan. They totally warrant at least a 6-song track pack!

EDIT: Wow, from Wikipedia, "Throwing Copper" certainly sounds like it has the merits to warrant a full album DLC.
    Live climbed from modest modern rock success to the mainstream spotlight worldwide on the strength of their 1994 breakthrough album, Throwing Copper, which has sold 8 million copies in the US.[4] Climbing to #1 on the 52nd week on the chart, it is the third album to reach the top after spending a year or longer on the chart. The first two were Fleetwood Mac's self-titled album in 1976, peaking on the 58th week, and Paula Abdul's Forever Your Girl in 1989, which holds the record at 64 weeks.

I knew it was big, but had no idea it spent a full year on the chart, then got even MORE popular. Thats a pretty unique accomplishment.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Omeks wrote: »

Seriously.

Yeah yeah... worst thing ever, I vomited, bandwagon jumping, etc etc... *sigh*

It's the HTML export of an Excel worksheet kept in a scorehero thread, which contains a legend. Seems clear enough for me but I guess I don't have as much of an aversion to bright colors as the rest of you. *shrug*

Bright colours? How about a poor choice for a colour so prominent? It's a bright, neon-like green colour. It stands out a bit. A slightly deeper green would've helped. It also doesn't allow for column sorting and without the legend, it's only really useful for the small number of people who might already be familiar with where it comes from. Sure, anybody with a passing familiarity with Rock Band and it's various available content can figure out what it means, but that doesn't excuse the HTML version from being a poor example of a list.

And just what the fuck do those footnotes mean? The first one says 'For Those About to Rock (Live)' and then links to a song with the same name. How awesome is that?

Is that better criticism for you?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sorenson wrote: »
    MrDelish wrote: »
    thread title needs a change because of:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1076306

RB2 SE + $25 gift card at Toys R Us for $110 (360 or PS3 versions)

WalMart and some other stores are price matching
    Holy shit. Can you use the card on that deal? I've been wanting a guitar for pissing around with the PC guitar games for a good while but couldn't finnd any sweet deals.

Got mine today at Wal-Mart, since TRU didn't have it in stock. Wal-Mart even gave a $25 gift card

MrDelish on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Does anyone know where I can get a second kick pedal?

A coworker of mine is an electrical engineer, and he is now determined to create a headphone splitter that lets both bass pedals work normally. :P

Do these things already exist?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shit where can I get a copy of this add. $25 gift card to Toys R Us sucks because there are none close, but $25 to wallmart if usefull. I already have Rock Band 2, but I would like the upgraded instruments and I can sell the game.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just got an e-mail newsletter from Brandon Boyd of Incubus.

INCUBUS GREATEST HITS ALBUM DUE OUT IN SPRING 2009. THIS IS A REAL AUDIO CD ALBUM, not one for Rock Band -- buuuuuuuuuuuuuut when one of the game's most requested bands has a new album to plug, it is a VERY good sign.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    deadstickdeadstick Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Joe Dizzy wrote: »
    2. I plan to pick up RB2 for my Wii, but I'm not yet sure about the instruments. Is there any place I can educate myself on the differences between GHWT and RB2 paraphernalia?

On the Wii: the RB2 instruments will work with RB 1 & 2 (obviously) and only the mic *should* work in WT (not confirmed). The GH:WT instruments (all of them, as well as the GH3 guitar) will work with GH:WT and RB2, but not RB1.

deadstick on
    Steam ID deadstick Battlelog D3ADST1CK
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kor wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a second kick pedal?

A coworker of mine is an electrical engineer, and he is now determined to create a headphone splitter that lets both bass pedals work normally. :P

Do these things already exist?

Yeah there are a few you can buy online already, or it's not that hard to solder one up either. I had an electrically-minded friend make me one (which he put on his website): http://imakeprojects.com/Projects/rock-band-dual-bass-drums-controller/

midgetspy on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whats the consensus on getting a 2nd guitar, the Rockband 2 one or GH WT? Or an older model one?

I have Rockband 2 and want to get a 2nd guitar. I have the 360 version. Does the GH:WT work with RB2, is the RB2 one decent enuff?

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png