As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lone Idiots That Make The Rest Of Us Look Bad

• NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Langly wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    that's naturally occurring nas, that doesn't count

Sure, at the moment.

Just wait until we harness the Wolf-Rayet Star WR-104 and point it at our enemies.

Ok, what was that picture of? It looked like a rainbow blackhole

A gamma ray burst formed by a collapsing star. WR-104 is really the closest one that might destroy our solar system.

wait what?

Ok i just looked that up and that is completely horrifying. Welp i hope this is one of those "it'll happen in a bazillion years" thing

Ok, i just read an article that basically said it could happen tonight, or ten thousand years from now, or maybe never! I'm going to go into hysterics now because we are all going to blow up from this wolf star.

Oh great now it says it will spray us with cosmic rays. Now I don't know whether to be excited or horrified, because human torch!

I would definitely NOT suggest this book for you:

DEATH FROM THE SKIES

As it happens, the Universe has thousands and thousands of ways to destroy us, and in pretty much every case, by the time we even know that it's happening, it will be too late.

Damnit, at 16.25, I can't not buy it. Just thinking about an explosion that reaches 5000 light years is insane.

It also supports Phil Plait, Bad Astronomer and president of the JREF. He's one of my favorite people.

NotASenator on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    o hai

stop giving quoth panic attacks

kthxbye

Quoth on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Bacon, with an awesome weight of 1, is the most common form of awesome in the universe.

If we take two sets of bacon, and fire them at each other at incredibly high speed, scientists theorise we may see entirely new forms of bacon.

or possibly Pigs in Blankets.

we all know that all matter in the universe is made up of bacon salt with different charges. But how the bacon salt comes into being, that we don't know.

That is what the Pretty Outrageous Radical Collider will be used to discover.

I like where this is going.

Our Porcologists work tirelessley.

It's understandable that some people are uneasy about the possibilities, especially once this hidden object was dubbed "The God Porcicle".

Religious controversy seemed obvious, but for some reason, Islam really got up in arms about PORC.

TINY

CHEESES.

sarukun on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MKR on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MKR wrote: »

Man, it's amazing how far we've strayed from the original subject of this thread. :)

Owenashi on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    o hai

kthxbye

Don't worry about it.

The current very unusual solar minimum, the time of reduced activity on the surface of the Sun, indicates that we might be in for what's called a "mini ice age", far worse than the one from 1650-1700. It was relatively minor, but this current period of inactivity has been more severe and longer than any we've recorded.

So we'll probably freeze to death before a gamma ray burst gets us.

NotASenator on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Faricazy on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    o hai

kthxbye

Don't worry about it.

The current very unusual solar minimum, the time of reduced activity on the surface of the Sun, indicates that we might be in for what's called a "mini ice age", far worse than the one from 1650-1700. It was relatively minor, but this current period of inactivity has been more severe and longer than any we've recorded.

the best part of this shit is there is literally nothing we could ever do to stop it. I mean, it's the universe. There is no way we could alter any sort of event like that, and there's so many different ways it could happen. Man, I guess I'll play wow and try to forget this horrifying reality.

Langly on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

Wow. This sounds like an episode of 'Reno-911'.

Owenashi on
  • KoolaidguyKoolaidguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    o hai

kthxbye

Don't worry about it.

the best part of this shit is there is literally nothing we could ever do to stop it. I mean, it's the universe. There is no way we could alter any sort of event like that, and there's so many different ways it could happen. Man, I guess I'll play wow and try to forget this horrifying reality.

Unless we find the universe and beat the living shit out of it.

Koolaidguy on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You know what? Just once I'd like a gamer to commit the perfect crime. I want him to execute his parents and the rest of his family, frame someone else and get away with all of it because he's 14 and above suspicion. Then again, I realize that if this actually did happen, I wouldn't get to find out about it.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What the hell, PI?

Antimatter on
  • KoolaidguyKoolaidguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We need to get kids playing Hitman and MGS. These days they think if they stay out of sight long enough they lose their wanted rating and everything becomes okay.

Koolaidguy on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Antimatter wrote: »
    What the hell, PI?
    Hey, everybody, look at Anitmatter! He's got a problem with people committing the perfect crime! Don't you watch Law and Order? The perfect crime makes for great entertainment. Plus, you get that guy chubby from The Cell tilting his head at people when he solves the crime.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For the record, Galveston is a shithole and anybody that enjoys watching Future Weapons is getting fed bullshit by some dude that doesn't know a goddamn thing.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited December 2008
    What the hell, PI?
    Hey, everybody, look at Anitmatter! He's got a problem with people committing the perfect crime! Don't you watch Law and Order? The perfect crime makes for great entertainment. Plus, you get that guy chubby from The Cell tilting his head at people when he solves the crime.

:|
    I usually enjoy perfect thefts, not murders in fiction.

Antimatter on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What the hell, PI?

What about the perfect theft of someone's life?

ChicoBlue on
    edited December 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    What the hell, PI?

What about the perfect theft of someone's life?

ahahaha
    Admittedly, there are some stories about murder I like. For example, The Cask of Amontillado

Antimatter on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    Rolo wrote: »
    Projeck wrote: »
    have i shown you my WEIGHTED COMPANION CUBE

wait who is the dude here who has the ocarina?

z-zelda?

no, someone on the forums went out and bought one

I think it was Lucky Cynic

I have one, but you're talking about Goatmon.

Unless you're talking about me. Then me.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Larlar wrote: »

z-zelda?

strange company you're keeping these days Lar

you wanna tell us something?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What the hell, PI?

I never understood the appeal to Law and Order Criminal Intent. It shows you everything that's happened, and leaves nothing to the imagination.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »

z-zelda?

strange company you're keeping these days Lar

you wanna tell us something?

The legal system deemed me too cool for modern society, so now I have to follow a court-appointed lamening schedule.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I always knew you were a spiny, Larlar.

Moriveth on
    edited December 2008
    You didn't know that when you were two.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man I fucking told you guys pages ago it was Larlar

no one listens to me

boohoo

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    This is so depressingly retarded.

That's a human life gone, because a kid wasn't allowed to play a video game.

And the way he did it?! "Look I have a surprise for you!"
    This kid is clearly a psychopath.

I don't know the particulars of the situation probably any better than you do, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that "because he wasn't allowed to play a video game" is probably not an adequate summary of all of the significant contributing factors in this case.

Defender on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hey so I am hesitant to go straight to h/a about this and this thread seems vaguely tech-related

so basicly my laptop won't turn on or give any indication that power is reaching it

I have to plug it into the wall because the battery stopped charging long before it became mine

and the big brick-type thing in the cord is making... some kinda sound, it's not quite a beep and it's not quite a click

is it supposed to make a sound? does it mean the cord is broken?

I am really hoping it's just the cord.

If it helps, it's... uh... an IBM. A couple years old? Model is... fuck if I know?

Any ideas?

TheySlashThem on
    edited December 2008
    *cord

Faricazy on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    shit man, if you broke a chord a whole bunch of musicians are going to be pissed

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    do all ibms have the same power connector?

Killjoy on
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
    I really have no idea what I'm doing

that's big part of why I'm hesitant to ask H/A... I'd only be able to describe my problem vaguely

TheySlashThem on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    This is so depressingly retarded.

That's a human life gone, because a kid wasn't allowed to play a video game.

And the way he did it?! "Look I have a surprise for you!"
    This kid is clearly a psychopath.

I don't know the particulars of the situation probably any better than you do, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that "because he wasn't allowed to play a video game" is probably not an adequate summary of all of the significant contributing factors in this case.

You're giving him way too much credit. The guy is obviously not a smart individual.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just learned a creepy thing!

Apparently when I worked a late shift like this one last month

the guy who is an ex-supervisor but still acts like one (in order to save costs they removed people from supervisor positions and cut their pay) and seems to be disturbingly obsessed with reporting anything slightly wrong going on in the department parked in the parking lot two hours before his shift started and watched to see what time I left work.

I mean, I'm right in thinking that's more than a little creepy, yes?

Moriveth on
    edited December 2008
    that depends

did he rape you afterwards?

Faricazy on
    edited December 2008
    I didn't even know he was there, I just heard about this now!

The guy is seriously obsessed with knowing about every little problem, I guess so he can report it to our boss

which is stupid because any problems should go straight to the boss and not to him because he's not a fucking supervisor anymore

Moriveth on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this is sickening.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wow that guy is kind of not cool

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TasteicleTasteicle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Stop showing so much skin.

Tasteicle on
  • Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My supervisor kind of flirted with me from time to time, but he was a cool, well-rounded guy.

That is if you ignore the fact that he was bipolar, an alchoholic, and had a predilection for doing lines during work.

Rampant Entity on