As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

nWoD [OOC]: Waiting for the Man

• Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll be glad to drop out if others want a shot. I'm not too keen on PbP anyways.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Here's my character. He's -1 Size and +2 Speed, but other than that, he's RAW. Oh, and +1(L) on Brawl.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Figures I end up seeing this after it's full. But could you throw me on the reserves list, just in case?

Snake Gandhi on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    del - Your character is really close to the dog in the core book so I'm really tempted to include you in the game. So I will, assuming nobody has any objections to it. Your sheet is also okay.

kuhlmeye - The only reason you're not in yet is because del actually applied to me in PM before you applied. You and Snake are still on the reserves though and I still need a sheet from cytorak.

DE?AD - you still need to apply public permission to your sheet so I can see it.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whoops. It should be fixed now.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yep. Your sheet looks good except your missing a dot in your primary skill. 11/7/4

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sheet will be later this afternoon/evening. Going to a work meeting right now, and it's gonna be doozy. :(

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ha no problem. Have fun ;)

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, nice catch.

Would it be alright if I put the missing point into Occult? Not out of actual experience of belief, but because Adam went on a "superstitions and folklore" tangent a while back.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's your character. Occult might be useful. 8-)

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Here's my character. He's -1 Size and +2 Speed, but other than that, he's RAW. Oh, and +1(L) on Brawl.

Dude, this is awesome.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Alright dogs, back in the bag. Come on Fluffy, come on Spot, come on Caleb. Haha, what a ridiculous name for a dog. CALEB! That's a person's name! A person's name! Hahahahaha! Oh! Caleb...

But, seriously, that's awesome.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Okay, so whose dog is he?

Hank would not have named a dog Caleb... but like if it was a stray he found that had his name on the collar he'd call him that.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Horseshoe wrote: »

Dude, this is awesome.

I concur.

Added a dot to Occult. Adam should be complete now.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Good stuff. Updated the OP with character sheets and your descriptions. Will include cytorak once his stuff is put away.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Caleb belongs to one of the lost children. The town would know him because he's always wandering around town looking for his lost master. The kid's parents pretty much stopped caring about Caleb after their child went missing.

BTW, do you have the names of the children in mind already or should I just make one up?

delroland on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Only one out of 3 is named so far.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    How about the kid that befriended Hank in his backstory so far? ("Dove")

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Here is my sheet. I've played a ton of oWoD, but this is my first nWoD character, so let me know if I missed anything.

Freebie points are gone, I take it? I didn't see any mentioned...

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yep.

EDIT: Wait, was dove one of the missing kids? I thought he went off to school or something.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yep.

EDIT: Wait, was dove one of the missing kids? I thought he went off to school or something.

He's an elementary school kid. He lives on Hank's street and watches Hank fix his old car (1967 chevy malibu). Hank taught him how to throw a football and got him to try out for the Pop Warner league, and it turns out the little guy is pretty good at playing linebacker and fullback.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That might work; maybe Hank took Caleb in after Dove went missing, giving Caleb food and water and a crate to sleep in.

Edit: running errands, do you want me to write a full background? If so, I'll whip it up this evening when I get back.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Only if you want. Connection sounds good though.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Cytorak - your sheet is good. I guess I can get an IC thread up now.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Okay, just going to keep it basic (Caleb is just a dog after all :P):

One rainy day, on the way home, Dove caught the sound of whimpering coming from the gutter. When he went to investigate, he found a half-drowned puppy stuck in a storm drain. Without thinking, the young boy dropped to the ground and scrambled up to the drain pulling the pup from danger. Knowing his parents would never let him have a dog, the boy hid the puppy under the house, leaving his jacket as a bed and blanket for the chilled dog. And even though Dove got in trouble when he came home without a jacket and soaking wet, he took solace in the fact that he now had a friend, one that needed his help. Bringing the dog food and water whenever he could, Dove nursed it back to health and eventually named it Caleb.

One day, when Dove was at Hank Walker's house, Caleb showed up. Hank immediately saw the fear in Dove's eyes about being discovered, so he offered Dove a place for Caleb to sleep so that Dove wouldn't have to worry about Caleb being taken away. Dove immediately accepted. From then on, every day Dove would stop at Hank's house on the way to school to pick up Caleb. The two of them would walk together, and Caleb would hide, waiting for Dove to get out. Dove would then walk home with Caleb, stopping once again at Hank's to drop Caleb off.

One morning, Hank woke up to Caleb's barking, and regardless of what he did, the dog would not settle down. Initially dismissing it, Hank became worried when Dove didn't show up to get Caleb. Later that day, he would find out that Dove had gone missing.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Okay so just from back stories that means we have Hannah and Dove officially missing. Of course, if cytorak's character is Rainfall's uncle then that could mean Hannah is really his daughter...but I'll leave that up to cytorak.

EDIT: This story will stem a lot from what you guys try and do. I have some of what you'll discover worked out but how exactly you want to go about it is really up to you.

EDIT2: Any questions about the neighborhood can be directed to me right here

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Okay so just from back stories that means we have Hannah and Dove officially missing. Of course, if cytorak's character is Rainfall's uncle then that could mean Hannah is really his daughter...but I'll leave that up to cytorak.

That sounds fine to me: Brent being Hannah's father and Tara's uncle. However, unless Brent's brother is a really progressive guy and took his wife's name when he got married, Brent's last name should be changed to Jinkins as well, right?

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh, crikey. Hank is surrounded by pussy liberals. U.S. Marshall Service has a twisted sense of humor I guess.

No wonder this neighborhood needs protection.

It's full of marks.
    I kid, I kid.

sorta.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Caleb will come in with Hank, if that's cool with you, Horseshoe.

Scratch that, apparently Hank is already inside. This is a restaurant and bar, correct?

delroland on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I didn't even think of that - I just assumed we were all already there.

Horseshoe, if you wanted to make an entrance I can edit my post.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    EDIT: The game is uncanceled as I think I jumped the gun. Thanks to Horseshoe for a pep talk. teehee

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    how the fuck is this a flop

seriously dude what the hell is wrong with you

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    While I am sad I cannot help but laugh.

Ze cuuurse!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That was fast.

Next time you should try a PbP Promethean, to justify why the universe is actively hating on you guys.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Not a flop for you guys. Just I can't see it going anywhere. I will totally let someone take the reins.

EDIT: Rather, I am struggling with the story.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    that's what players are for dude

you don't come up with the story on your own

you set the stage and then you let us little pawns give you ideas as we fumble around

when you're a good GM you make it look like it was what you had planned in the first place

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Or you just throw in some cannibal people living in the sewers. I always found that seemed to work for nWoD.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    hm. I shall uncancel the game then. It seems people keep posting in the IC thread anyway.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The children have gone missing as follows (chronologically):

Dove was last seen by his parents playing in his back yard. He was left unattended for a half hour while they were meditating and disappeared.

The third child, Dominic, claimed he was going to run away. His parents, knowing that he had done so before and just needed time to blow off steam let him go but got worried after he didn't come back that night.

Hannah went missing on her walk home from school. She walks the same route every day from the nearby school and her teacher was the last person that could attest to seeing her. It has been less than a week since her disappearance.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png