As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Those in the Northeast....

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited February 2009 in PAX Archive
Magfest is in a week and a half!

http://magfest.org/

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    From the thread title, I thought this was going to be a warning about the weather. Then I noticed it said Northeast and not Northwest.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oooh! Shiny!

I've never heard of it... I think I just lost 5 points in Geek Street Cred (TM). =( But I'll have to see if I can check it out now that I'm in the area! =)

Speaking of weather, how much snow did you guys end up with ProX? As of today, we got about a foot over here on the east coast... but I heard you guys had more than that by midweek. =)

EDIT: Ouch, it's in Virginia (more east than Northeast I think =) )... I don't know if I can brave a trek down there in January. =( It sounds awesome though, I definitely would if I could. Hopefully those in the Virginia area hear about it and head that way!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well I'll definitely be there, of course :)

Here's a thread I made with a bunch of info about all the features. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=72860

24 hour game room! video game concerts! industry guests! beer! who could ask for more?

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I desire to be there greatly. Have fun in my stead, those of you who can make it. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    proXimity wrote: »
    From the thread title, I thought this was going to be a warning about the weather. Then I noticed it said Northeast and not Northwest.

The weather's just as bad in the Northeast, we're just not sissies about snow. :P

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Maybe, but you have the infrastructure and experience in dealing with it. Seattle gets maybe an inch or two a year that melts completely within a couple days.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Maybe, but you have the infrastructure and experience in dealing with it. Seattle gets maybe an inch or two a year that melts completely within a couple days.

Try a place that hasn't seen snow since 1989...and even then it was like two inches that melted by mid-day.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Try a place that hasn't seen snow since 1989...and even then it was like two inches that melted by mid-day.

Ahh... I'm so glad I moved away from that area. =) You should vacate Sactown as well Tapole! Come to New England, where it's nice and snowy. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    aww, weakskittles! i'm gonna be in virginia from tomorrow through sunday. so lame.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is coming up in just a couple days, so i hope to see some PAers there. Maybe we can have a meetup of sorts.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I hope those who can get over there, it looks like a lot of fun! Were it possible, I would be there.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    JaydoJaydo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

The weather's just as bad in the Northeast, we're just not sissies about snow. :P

We don't really get much snow in the Northwest, it's more like layered sheets of ice churning from hell-clouds above.

Jaydo on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This isn't about Phantasy Star Online. :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Iron CurtainIron Curtain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Contrary to popular belief, New York City actually gets more rainfall per year than Seattle.

On average, New York, NY is wetter than Seattle, WA by 8.1in.

Source

Iron Curtain on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    way to necropost

if you want to talk about the weather in new york compared to the weather in seattle, use this thread
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=80101

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.