As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EvE General Discussion

• Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you're in a station, though, can't you just wait to be let in?

I am also tempted by the 5 day pass.

Depending on the station, there might not be a merchi office. If it's a goon station, we could probably work something out with the owning corp.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Janin wrote: »

Depending on the station, there might not be a merchi office. If it's a goon station, we could probably work something out with the owning corp.

If you log in and you are not in station fire off a pm to me should be able to come to wherever you are and help you out.

Ethea on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Ahh, right, right, we need to travel to the office.

Do we still have one in Hosh? I think I have a JC there.
    EDIT: My only other clone I know of is in Jita, and that one has a head full of +4's, so I'm not interesting in wandering about, you know?

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    EDIT: My only other clone I know of is in Jita, and that one has a head full of +4's, so I'm not interesting in wandering about, you know?

You're not going to get podded in empire. Just jump into that clone, find a highsec office, then take it back to Jita before being accepted so wardecs don't get you.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah so I just got one of the 5 day re-activation things, so I figured I might as well check it out again. Going to fire up another app to Merch again, at the very least I should have some fun doing some tackling!

Luiane on
    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just got back in the Eve habit again. My eve username is the same as my PA, and I'll be putting in an application as soon as I get done with the tutorial.

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Just got back in the Eve habit again. My eve username is the same as my PA, and I'll be putting in an application as soon as I get done with the tutorial.

Man you are going to be a great callout target already. Plus you need to join rho ( anime nerd ).

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ethea wrote: »

Man you are going to be a great callout target already. Plus you need to join rho ( anime nerd ).

Only 27 posts, how much of a callout could he really have? Plus, unless I'm missing something there's nothing anime-nerd like about him.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    deadtear wrote: »
    Who's the CEO of Merch right now?

Deadtear

You're fucking kidding me.

Why would he do that?

It just shows how long it's been since I last logged on. Who's in charge of recruitment now?

i'm kinda sorta in charge.

Trekkie on
    Eve Online: Zareph
  • Options
    TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

You're not going to get podded in empire. Just jump into that clone, find a highsec office, then take it back to Jita before being accepted so wardecs don't get you.

Nourvaken or something like that is nearest to jita, should be hisec all the way.

Trekkie on
    Eve Online: Zareph
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Only 27 posts, how much of a callout could he really have? Plus, unless I'm missing something there's nothing anime-nerd like about him.

Yeah you are right he is the perfect goon: 22 years old, anime club at school, lives at home, and is unable to talk to girls.

Ethea on
  • Options
    TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah you are right he is the perfect goon: 22 years old, anime club at school, lives at home, and is unable to talk to girls.

Hey! I've worked on that! What's rho anyway?

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hey! I've worked on that! What's rho anyway?

Goonswarm has "squads", which anybody in the alliance may join at will. One of them is Rho squad, well known for their interest in anime.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    J_LJ_L Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    and underage girls

J_L on
    Got A Penny?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EvE: Vetitum/Venitum
  • Options
    ShuffleShuffle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    also getting the itch to return. I quit back in february, so I've probably been booted.
    Character name was Tichar.

Shuffle on
    31129hOSMV.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    J_L wrote: »
    and underage girls
    anime

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey unsubbed crew, we rape BoB dread fleets by ourselves now.

runaway_pancake on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hey unsubbed crew, we rape BoB dread fleets by ourselves now: http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/911

Here is the working report link: http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/914

Ethea on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is this suppose to be ironic?

Comahawk on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Type K L
    Cruiser 0 15
    Frigate 0 20

This is why Goonfleet is awesome.
    Industrial 0 3
    Rookie ship 0 4

Did I say awesome? I meant crazy awesome

Bremen on
  • Options
    nialscorvanialscorva Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, clearly BOB killed a tower, so that has far more strategic value than losing 39 more caps than they killed. :colbert:

nialscorva on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Y'all remember the boot.ini fiasco?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXRFJ2ar_E

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sniping Dreads don't have any e-honor.

November Fifth on
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
  • Options
    ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Y'all remember the boot.ini fiasco?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXRFJ2ar_E

I laughed quite hard at this.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    SpamSpam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I always liked the sound of playing EVE, but never actually got into it - had friends who played and it always seemed to take up farrr too much of their time and didn't look that interesting to play (prob coz they spent most of their time mining :|).

Well, finally bit the bullet and decided to give it a shot, so signed up for the 14day trial 2 days ago, and so far I'm having a blast - not really been very sociable yet, just churning my way through tutorial and agent missions till I get a feel for the game, but doing not too badly I think - cruising about in a kestrel missile gunboat with 3mil to my name and the other 2 newbie ships in backup :)

Spam on
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, in the beginning it definitely has some of the same addicting qualities as other MMO's. But, It cannot be overemphasized that EVE is a MULTIPLAYER game and should be played that way for it to have any longevity at all.

Go on some fleet ops before you get bored. Get a whole stack of tackling frigates (these are available for free) ready in the system that the fight's in because you will die repeatedly. I have had some epic moments in fights just flying rifters.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been looking for a new MMO to play since I got bored of Warhammer , and I think I may finally give EVE a try. This game looks intimidating as hell for a beginner though.

Could someone send me a buddy trial ?

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been looking for a new MMO to play since I got bored of Warhammer , and I think I may finally give EVE a try. This game looks intimidating as hell for a beginner though.

Could someone send me a buddy trial ?

Sure, PM me the email address you want to use. For the love of god, join Merch (if this thread is too out of date, we should have a new recruitment thread up soon in G&T) and you will get all the help you need.

EVE has a steep learning cliff, but with that cliff comes a lot of depth.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

And sharp rocks.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    delroland wrote: »

And sharp rocks.

And sharks. with lazer beams.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EriicEriic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So how exactly does one go about joining Merch? The old thread is outdated and the corp description in-game says someone named Zareph "might process [my] application, should do it right."

I went to the Slays system mentioned in the other thread, but there was no Merch Industrial office. :(

Eriic on
    ^gerber rep ◕ ◡ ◕ nerdy.us | last.fm | XBL: e5x
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Eriic wrote: »
    So how exactly does one go about joining Merch? The old thread is outdated and the corp description in-game says someone named Zareph "might process [my] application, should do it right."

I went to the Slays system mentioned in the other thread, but there was no Merch Industrial office. :(

Don't use the old threads, use the in-game corp description to find an office near you. Then just apply and make sure to drop a line about your PA forum name, etc.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    phiglitphiglit Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is there a probationary system in place for joining a corp in this game? I understand the need for keeping unwanted members out. I have a few marks against me; my posting history consists of this post alone, and my join date to this board is very recent. This would immediately tag me as spy material unfortunately. I have been following the plights of the swarm for a while now (since syndicate really), but never had the chance to play due to the lack of a Mac client which has been fixed recently. I would really like to fly with people that have a similar attitude and jovial nature I see both here and on SA.

I had an active account on the SA forums under a similar name, but let it lapse a while ago and never felt much motivation to follow up with the admins to get it sorted out. Is there an individual that I could PM or chat with that could give me some pointers to getting in good standings with the rest of the swarm?

phiglit on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think your best bet would be to renew your SA account and try Goonfleet.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    phiglitphiglit Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think your best bet would be to renew your SA account and try Goonfleet.

Hurm. PA is not blocked at work, but SA is... damn.

Thanks for the advice.

phiglit on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    eve's learning cliff is pretty overstated. If you happen to remember muds then, well, if you liked those you'll probably like eve and have no problem with the curve, and if you didn't like that genre then you'll probably hate it and find it overly complex. But if, for some unfortunate reason, you catch the cut of my jib then it's very similar to a DIKU with a heavy emphasis on CPK where people call rooms grids.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    People are too used to games where it's easy to become a master of every aspect. Then along comes EVE, they try to learn t2 production or fitting theory and break their brain.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When is that new EVE recruitment thread going up?

EDIT: Oh wow, first post of the page. Man. Wish it was something more epic.

WhiteShark on
This discussion has been closed.