As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Momentum of the Week 17/12/2008 : I will wait for you

13»

• Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited December 2008
    Blaming Tony for everything is getting pretty old. I mean, the Invasion would've happened regardless of what he did, and Janet was probably going to die no matter what.
    he woke up to find his wife dead

that captain america is dead

you think the dude is going to be objective about this?

No, he's in grief and he's going to want to blame someone. Tony Stark is the easiest target for that.

I mean, I sort of blame Tony for Cap's death, even though I objectively know it's really the Skull's doing. People aren't rational IRL, I don't expect them to be rational in fiction.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Really, Cap's death was so simply pulled off it could've been done at pretty much any time, even if CW had never happened. He didn't have his shield at the time, that was pretty much the only effect it had on the situation.

Scooter on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Interviews with Ron Moore say otherwise - they had no idea where they were going with the show, or if it would even be renewed, post "Kobol part 2".

Note that I'm not saying this is a bad thing - in my mind, it's a good thing for storylines to be fluid. I just think it's sort of silly for folks to jump on the BND Spider-Man creators for 'not having a plan', when you wouldn't really hold those standards to anything else.

I hold the Galactica dudes to that standard, since I feel like their not having a plan has really hurt the show. Plot hints and mysterious prophecies stop being tantalizing when you look behind the curtain and realize that the dudes writing the story are straight-up winging it.

I think that the lack of a plan has also held back a lot of otherwise-good monthly comics. Writers back in the day used to think six or eight or sometimes even twelve issues in advance, and it made the stories more compelling and resonant. Now it's remarkable for a writer to even last on a title that long.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    Blaming Tony for everything is getting pretty old. I mean, the Invasion would've happened regardless of what he did, and Janet was probably going to die no matter what.
    he woke up to find his wife dead

that captain america is dead

you think the dude is going to be objective about this?

No, he's in grief and he's going to want to blame someone. Tony Stark is the easiest target for that.

I mean, I sort of blame Tony for Cap's death, even though I objectively know it's really the Skull's doing. People aren't rational IRL, I don't expect them to be rational in fiction.

speaking of which, did he ever say that he would have supported the registration act?

Inter_d on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I kind of doubt it if he's joining the Avengers team that isn't even based in the U.S./subject to the SHRA.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Really, Cap's death was so simply pulled off it could've been done at pretty much any time, even if CW had never happened. He didn't have his shield at the time, that was pretty much the only effect it had on the situation.

His Shield wouldn't have saved him because it wasn't the sniper shot that killed him

smokmnky on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what was it, the bleeding?

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what was it, the bleeding?

Being shot point blank two or three times by
    Sharon Carter

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    To be fair, if he'd had the shield and the sniper hadn't hit him as a result, he might not have been in a position for that to happen to him.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm pretty sure it would have happened some other way, maybe just not as public as him being brought into court.

smokmnky on