As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial PAX08 DVD - It's Finished!

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, I was seeding it for a while, but it seems like I must not be connecting to anyone or something, because I didn't have anyone grabbing data from me all day yesterday. At first I figured it might be a problem on my end, so I shut it down temporarily. I'm going to bring it up again after work and see if anyone connects.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    restarting the program usually fixes that, it's been happening to me too. I think it's just the tracker not updating or something like that.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • happy_killmorehappy_killmore Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bah, computer shut off on me two days ago while seeding...sorry about that. Anyways awesome job on this and I wish I could have been there to have seen it myself. Will continue seeding until my ISP shuts my internet off (which might be soon unfortunately :()

happy_killmore on
    edited December 2008
    Aye, I'm back to seeding away =) I still haven't actually had the chance to burn it to DVD so I can watch it, but at least I have it on my system now so that I can when I get time (maybe this weekend)

VThornheart on
  • ObyOby Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woot registered. So i'll help with the seeded. Hopefully we will get a crew together that is filling in TF2 outfits or at least some fun like that.

Oby on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oby = another fellow crew member. Welcome to this amazing community.

... We have ideas involving a TF2 cosplay group next year, but just about everybody wants to do that, right? ;)

BTW: Editing has started on the Community Disk, and depending on how much I feel like working on it this week, it shouldn't take more then a week to finish.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • ObyOby Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well i'm seeding at about 80k. So hope that helps for now.

Oby on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yep, I have the JoCo Bad Horse video; I can send you the non-YouTube'd version, if you'd like it (it's *slightly* better quality than that compressed YouTube one).

I'm looking forward to seeing this, way to go Coldbrew! I'll try seeding, but my connection speed is so very awful; and it's going to take me an eternity to download, but I'm excited to see it!

MetaverseNomad on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wish I wish I wish I had internet at home so I could snag this. *sigh* And cosplaying TF2 sounds like a blast, but.. not sure if I want to do that, or some random other nerdy cosplay.

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    Well the cosplay was just an idea that started floating around between us, in all honestly it's probably not going to happen, but ya never know.

Also if there's another forumer gathering anytime soon i might just be able to bring my laptop and burn off some disk copies to anybody that wants it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2008
    I believe there is something going on this Saturday... ^_~

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    Something tells me a lot of normal PA forumers aren't checking the forums in this "off season". When they get back on, we can link them over to this for sure =)

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    MeeOk wrote: »
    I believe there is something going on this Saturday... ^_~

hmm, i see. That would be cool, except weekends are usually bad for me. Very bad. I'll try to come up with something...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2008
    Ah. Sad face. Weekends are pretty much when I'm always free, as I work Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30. ^^;

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    Ah. Sad face. Weekends are pretty much when I'm always free, as I work Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30. ^^;

You're lucky then, I work retail :P And part-time at that, I'm getting about 3 days a week right now...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »

You're lucky then, I work retail :P And part-time at that, I'm getting about 3 days a week right now...

It's funny, because MeeOk just escaped from retail! And now she has a super swanky job!

Really, though, I think now that the HoG has been activated, there are Seattle parties all the time!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited December 2008
    Indeed, retail and food service jobs tend to be full of a lot of fail, depending on where you get stuck. Now I'm a Law Office's bitch. *cough* I mean, I do support services. Once I get around to, oh, I don't know, getting a couch (which should be soon! Yay for my job giving out Christmas bonuses) and an HD tv (slightly less soon, those are pricey :( Boo to that) I hope to throw some parties at my place on the Hill. ^_^

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    lol i was watching the stream of an HoG party recently and i gotta say i wish i was there, lol. So as long as I'm informed of future parties, I'll be sure to join as long as I don't work that day.

And I'm not saying my job is full of fail, it's just that our labor sucks because of the economy, which means nobody gets any hours. So yeah i wanna get out and hang with you guys, distribute these DVD's and such, cuz im so damn bored! But at least it gives me the chance to finish the work on this.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Indeed, retail and food service jobs tend to be full of a lot of fail, depending on where you get stuck. Now I'm a Law Office's bitch. *cough* I mean, I do support services. Once I get around to, oh, I don't know, getting a couch (which should be soon! Yay for my job giving out Christmas bonuses) and an HD tv (slightly less soon, those are pricey :( Boo to that) I hope to throw some parties at my place on the Hill. ^_^

nice, my best holiday bonus has been a 12-pack!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited December 2008
    so... just curious if anybody has watched any bit of this yet. I wanna know how the experiment turned out! XD

EDIT: Also added the Preview Trailer to the OP in case anybody wants to get an idea for what the quality looks like.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    why is nobody seeding anymore? i've been at 80.1% for almost 4 days and i'm going nowhere.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited December 2008
    Try reconnecting, I've been seeding for a while now.

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    maybe a dumb question, but how do you reconnect? is it as simple as quitting and restarting the program, or is there something more to it? i've never had this issue before.

[edit] well, i deleted and reloaded the torrent, but still nothing. it's weird, i've never had problems like this before.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited December 2008
    Oh, try just restarting the application.

I don't know why you can't find anyone... *someone* is grabbing from me, I'm maxed out at 30kbps. (I can't give much more because I'm on a craptastic DSL)

Did you make sure to use the new torrent, and not the old one?

VThornheart on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm back to seeding, had shutdown because no one was leeching.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited December 2008
    i've been turning mine on and off due to bandwidth issues (no idea why) but I'm trying to keep it going whenever I'm not around.

But yeah try restarting the program, or (depending on what program you're using) try right-clicking on the torrent within the program and see if there's a button that says something like "update tracker." uTorrent has it, and it's worked for me when I get the problem.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2008
    well, i think the problem may just be the lack of seeders with the remaining 20% that i need. i found someone now, and i'm d/l'ing at about 75kb/s, although oddly nobody is leaching from me.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm guessing you're the Comcast user in Seattle who's eating 80-100kBps of my upload bandwidth.

whypick1 on
    edited December 2008
    I've got it 100% downloaded, so it *should* be good, but for all I know it could be getting blocked/bottlenecked somewhere along the line. =( In fact, I set it at 45kbps just now, and I don't seem to be getting any more than 17kb or so. Makes me wonder if I'm being throttled by my provider. =(

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    I was finally able to finish the download yesterday (after a couple days). I seeded for awhile, but I turned my computer off while I'm away on vacation.

Haven't had the chance to watch any of it yet! I tried to burn the first file onto DVD but I screwed it up... I'll try to figure it out again when i get back home! :D

MetaverseNomad on
    edited December 2008
    Aye, I still haven't been able to watch it either. There's just been too much other stuff going on. =(

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    I honestly just sometimes have it playing in the background while I'm doing something else so I can just listen to it. It works too :P

They all sound so much better live imo

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm seeding. :)

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
    edited December 2008
    just finished downloading and am starting to watch. a note for mac users, download vlc, rename the file extension to .iso, then load the .iso in vlc and it'll play like a disc, since it won't mount for some reason. anyway, looks great so far!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited December 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    just finished downloading and am starting to watch. a note for mac users, download vlc, rename the file extension to .iso, then load the .iso in vlc and it'll play like a disc, since it won't mount for some reason. anyway, looks great so far!

hmm that's an interesting note, but yes the .nrg format is fairly basic, I wouldn't be surprised if it was basically the same as an .iso, and VLC is always a good recommendation in my book, though I've been having problems with it lately...

Anyway, glad ya like it (so far :P), I've taken a bit of a break from the rest of the project but I should be back on it pretty soon...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2008
    lmao, i wish i had made it to the freezepop concert, sprode was hilariously performed!

[edit] what's with the screwy audio towards the end of final countdown? was the keyboard player just sucking hard, or is that something that got screwed up with the recording?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited December 2008
    yeah it was their fault not ours :P

I really don't know why, but he just like started jamming out and failing badly, lol. It was funny though

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I really don't know why, but he just like started jamming out and failing badly, lol. It was funny though

Maybe he shouldn't have been playing on Expert.

whypick1 on
  • GillesGilles Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Alternatively, if you happen to have Roxio's Toast installed, you can just double-click the nrg file and Toast will mount it in OS X. That will let you use Apple's DVD Player, convert it to ISO, or rip it if you'd like.

Gilles on
    edited December 2008
    ok, new idea. if you do happen to have to change the file type, make a copy of it, first. i didn't and i changed the downloaded file, and now it won't seed. even undoing it and changing it back doesn't seem to work. sorry y'all. atleast i did get about 140% uploaded before it happened.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.