As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, AUSTRALIA

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Australia made a shitty movie about itself.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    a shitty and ridiculously expensive movie

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    is the movie just a guy waiting 2 hours for a train cos of trackwork and then it takes him another 3 hours to get to work when he could have driven there in like 20 minutes

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    but the tragic irony was that he didn't have an e-tag?

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    man etags
    how do you get them
    my mother got one for my car so i dont have to worry

but normally you gotta order online or somethin right?

they should just sell them at petrol stations seriously

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    pre-paid etag on the $49 jumbo cap - $200 worth of bridge crossings and 50 free m2 exits!

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ValVal Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wtf is an e-tag?

Val on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    it's the transmitter you put in the car so you can use toll roads etc. so basically anything bigger than a one-way alley

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't think we have toll roads in NZ yet. Even if we did my Free buses courtesy of being a student would make them meaningless.

Val on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Here they bill you via some elaborate databank scheme. They track you through the license plates.

Edit: Val, that is extremely good service for students.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's great expect when I get drunk and lose my student ID, which happens most times I get drunk.

Val on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It also helps make up for the fact that he is in new zealand.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The only real downside to living here personally is the lack of good bands who come here. Which has been getting alot better recently. Not being Australia or the North-East of England is also a huge plus.

Val on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No toll roads in canberra

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Nor in Perth, thank Christ. I don't think we're big enough for it to be worth it.

Butler on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Vàl wrote: »
    I don't think we have toll roads in NZ yet. Even if we did my Free buses courtesy of being a student would make them meaningless.

I think the auckland harbour bridge has tolls maybe?

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Here they bill you via some elaborate databank scheme. They track you through the license plates.

Edit: Val, that is extremely good service for students.

they do that if you dont have the etag

sooo
    kinda defeats the purpose maybe
    except they make you pay more if they have to do that

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah. Because it's Canberra. It wouldn't be worth it for the whole 20 people who live there to use it.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »
    man air you should come to crows nest and get your pizza from pino's

there's also one on the pacific highway called mario brothers that does some good ones

Hey do you ever go to Chatswood? I go to a cafe called Andronicus (sp?) there sometimes with a friend, they do pretty good waffles and stuff.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Australia's landmass is primarily composed of snips, snails, and puppy dog tails

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So I just checked the 2009 Big Day Out Line Up for Aucklant to put it mildly it sucks, I blame you Austra;ia.

Val on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    the little place near me does my favorite

ground beef, potato and onion. yum.

Oh God there is an Italian place near us that does a roast chicken pizza. It's like BBQ sauce, roast chicken, potatoe (thinly sliced), leek, onion and mozarella.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So I just checked the 2009 Big Day Out Line Up for Aucklant to put it mildly it sucks, I blame you Austra;ia.

BDO hasn't had a good line up for quite a while. It still didn't stop tickets from selling out in 15 minutes.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Slipknot headlined last time I went I really couldnt tell you what year that was to save my life though.

Val on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guys don't forget to vote in the Triple J hottest 100.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

BDO hasn't had a good line up for quite a while. It still didn't stop tickets from selling out in 15 minutes.

What the fuck, fucking neil young! There's actually a few other bands there that I would like to see, but nowhere near enough to pay whatever ridiculous price it is and fly to the other end of the country. Pendulum are good times.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Without going back to the page the only bands I actually really want to see are Neil Young and Dropkick Murphys which isn't worth the $120 or w/e a ticket costs now plus buses and accomadation.

Val on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the prodigy, DKM, holy fuck Fantomas is going to be there oh goooooodddddd

L|ama on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Meh i'm gonna see the side shows instead.

Sun burn and wading through 50000 arseholes? No thanks.

The Rocking M on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I saw Prodigy last time they were here they were kinda disappointing compared to other times I've seen them.

Val on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I haven't been to a music festival in about 3 years and to tell you the truth, I'm happy that they're out of my life.

After performing in a few of them, I could never go back to being a punter.

I went to Soundwave for about 20 minutes last year, and that was only because I had a free ticket. I wanted to catch Infectious Grooves but the heat and the overwhelming douchebag factor made me wanna strangle myself.

#pipe on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I haven't been to a music festival in about 3 years and to tell you the truth, I'm happy that they're out of my life.

I went to Soundwave for about 20 minutes last year, and that was only because I had a free ticket. I wanted to catch Infectious Grooves but the heat and the overwhelming douchebag factor made me wanna strangle myself.

I went to 3 or 4 Big Days Out back in the day, but their focus seems to have shifted so Soundwave is definitely the festival I'd go to these days, lots more bands I'd want to see.

I don't want to see any of them enough to spend a hot sweaty crowded day at the showgrounds though

I'm too old for this shit

Ten on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    festivals are generally overpriced nightmares, particularly when you get roped into drinking beer from 10 am

spewing up your lemonade by 5

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »
    festivals are generally overpriced nightmares, particularly when you get roped into drinking beer from 10 am

spewing up your lemonade by 5

Price has been the biggest factor in me skipping every music festival this year. The ticket plus accommodation and piss really turns the day into a $300 or $400 affair.

Would have liked to have gone to Splendour this year, but my uni always has mid-terms then, which sucks. Besides that, I've already seen heaps of the acts in smaller venues, which is nicer.

Glorfindel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Oh God don't even talk to me about the Sydney Soundwave festival back in Feb08. Seriously.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    after field day on thursday, I am never going to another day event

dance festivals are packed out with way too many wankers these days and I cant handle them anymore because I stopped taking drugs

Oden on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I noticed on the ad for the electronica/DnB new years eve thing kinda close to here that every girl was wearing those terrible disgusting gigantic sunglasses or the kanye glasses

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    well yeah it is cause those big glasses are fashionable right now, so why would you wear a pair that are not fashionable?

Oden on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Because then you won't look like a stupid whore.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    maybe you are the stupid whore for recognising awesome style

Oden on