As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Book of the New Sun (spoilers)

Christ PuncherChrist Puncher Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Just finished reading this. I think there was a thread on it before somewhere on Penny Arcade, but I can't find it. I'd be really interested in theories and interpretations on the events of the book, mainly because I have no clue what happened really. It was awesome though. If no one feels like discussing it, maybe you can point me in the direction of a link where there's some meaty discussion on it? Google failed me. The ending didn't hold much impact for me, but I read that if you understand Dr. Talos play it holds alot more meaning. In general the book is supposed to have tons of hidden symbolism and themes but I am pretty lost on all that. I was hoping someone could shed some light on it for me.

Seeds of discussion:

Was Severian Dorca's grandson?

Who was Baldanders/what was that weapon he had?

What is the nature of the Hierodules?

Wii friend code: 7549 1748 0857 1681

XBL: Slimebucato
Christ Puncher on

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this might be better off in the general reading thread.

just my opinion, don't take it as gospel or anything.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »
    this might be better off in the general reading thread.

just my opinion, don't take it as gospel or anything.

We've had a BotNS thread in D&D before, and there's one in the Writer's Block right now.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Christ PuncherChrist Puncher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cool, thanks alot. Not sure why I couldn't find it myself.

Christ Puncher on
    Wii friend code: 7549 1748 0857 1681

XBL: Slimebucato